Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 18:35:43
Page:  1 
The Need for Expansion Started by: Dom on Jan 23, '20 16:41

Dom steps onto the much-used podium and blows a whistle to gather passing people's attention before beginning:

My friends and fellow-mobsters,

I am here to ask you for your thoughts on something before bringing it to the suggestion box of the gods. It seems to me that this life of ours has outgrown its' current boundaries and needs to expand. The cities that we are authorized to operate in are no longer sufficient for us. Many districts have more than one crew, never a good thing. Running a crew means that you are in charge of a district, and having to share your turf with someone else is not only annoying but also takes some of the authority of a crew leader away. We simply have too many wonderful people capable and deserving of running a crew. Therefore, I believe that there is a need for expansion. We need to ask the gods to allow us to begin to infiltrate another city's alleyways and bars. I think that the cities of New Orleans, Boston, Dallas, or Pittsburg would all be great choices for various reasons, but I would like to hear you thoughts before making my proposition to the gods. Anyone wishing to interject their thoughts is more than free to do so:

With that, Dom steps off the podium and awaits the opinions of his fellow-mobsters.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Dean hears someone speaking about his favorite topic, letting us take to the streets of New Orleans. 

“I for one think there should be many ways that we do things differently, but if we were to do them like this I think it’d be best for the gods to limit each city to One Godfather. While limiting each district to one crew unless there’s a Godfather present in which there would be one addition crew allowed in THAT district.”

” Now back to the original topic, I believe that we should move our operations out of Seattle and open up business in Atlanta (2 districts) and New Orleans (3 districts). I believe that the south should be finally represented within our area of operations. With flight times corresponding to those for the Mid West cities.”

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

*Revision* Instead of Atlanta, Miami. That way each “section” of the country has 2 cities. We could give Miami the same flight timers as New Orleans for fairness sake

Report Post Tip

Phoenix and his master had time to stroll the streets, after all.. there wasn't much going on as of late.. anyhow.. They passed by a man standing in the streets talking about expansion for the current cities.. While Phoenix was no orator, he compelled his master to take a step forward to speak on the topic..

"While I see your point of, having too many crews in one district.. but this happens when one city has more population than another and the need to house is higher.. simple you get more crews.. but this topic doesn't go into great detail as to WHY a certain city has more crews than another.. also, when you look at the population as a whole.. there is plenty of 1 crew districts there are still yet to be filled, and many crews lacking members.. our community is not in a position to even fill the crews we have, let alone start opening new cities and districts."

The man takes a pause as his bird begins to whisper in his ear, yes bird's can whisper now...

"My friend here does say you have a good point though, districts without Godfathers cannot collect taxes. It is a burden on a city and actually think 1 Godfather per city is sufficient enough.. would probably help bring some more balance into the game as well. But I think the core root to most of everyone's problem is the population is dwindling, and those that are around flock to cities they feel are "safe" and can live long inside of."

The man finished and takes a bow before him and his companion, Phoenix, take a seat front row and wait to hear what others have to say

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I love my local shop and the beauty of that is that I see most people milling in and out most days. The issue you have with this idea is further dilution if the populace. How many crews do we have here that are full? Half full? Not many.
So I get to open more shops in new cities and guess what... I will see even fewer customers, 1 or 2 a day whilst the dwindling population is all driving round in crew leaders or hands cars...
Me being a local living girl would suggest quite the opposite - lose a city should make the social network of a crew become more concentrated delivering more frequent interactions we all crave.

Enmitty overhears the conversation and decides to chime in.

"I like this topic. Not that I agree that we need an expansion but I do believe the current system may need to be relooked at. Having read all my ancestors journals, the old life they talked about seemed amazing. The smaller GF crews, larger crew numbers. Ahh what a time. Maybe not the larger crew numbers but the point is, some of what our world use to be mixed with the implantation of districts and newer features etc. that we have now could create a more intimate or sustainable world" 

Report Post Tip

Dean listens to the nice local girl and can resonate with where she is coming from.

“ Well another solution to this would be, drop districts and just have 8 cities like we used to. Leave Seattle behind and bring New Orleans and St Louis back into the world, leaving districts would make the population much less spread out. This promoting business, centralizing crews, lowering the number of Godfathers, CL, and the like thus bring us back to the glory days of much more close knit and powerful cities instead of these scattered districts that break us down to the lowest element.”

Dean leans back on the brick wall and pops his collar of his leather jacket

Open the curtains what do you see? If you are blind or cannot see past your nose I’ll tell you.

Not counting the officers that scurry around like maggots in the ever growing pit of degenerates there are currently 25 active crew leaders and hands walking around our cities. 25 against 48 none senior crew members. That is not a healthy ratio.

We talk often of giving respect to the rank of made-man how are us mere mortals expected to do this when the Gods themselves don’t give respect to the bold and italic suits our leaders wear?

We deign to have an empty district for more than a couple of days the Gods threaten us with retribution! We are forced to populate, to dilute ourselves, to lose the sense of belonging to a family but instead sign fleetingly up to nothing better than a district gang. Pah!

More cities? You are blind to the rot that ever creeps around us slowly infesting - the social greatness of this world was built around a city pyramid structure, not fucking tri peaks.

More than one Godfather in a city?! Warped but reflective of the way of things. Gone are the days of a wiseguy having charge of the earners and below in a family. Now Gangsters rolling with direct contact to Dons. The city structure is broken, polluted and diluted the reality of how things are and how things should be.

District gangs roam like swarms of cockroaches and you want more? Buffoons with no street presence and less than 1 conversation to another a day getting a new bold suit just to fill an empty spot - Pah! once more!

Return the cities to cities. Let the strong survive, the family not the gang. Let the family become important again, the structure, the concentration of power, the pressure of leadership, let that brew and simmer instead of the flatulent district gangs letting the pressure release constantly like an old mans broken sphincter.

More cities - rubbish. Less gangs, less suits, Cosa Nostra, Make being made being Made in the Family.

Tubbs pulls down the shutter of her shop and closes for the day.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Need for Expansion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL