Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 01:12:00
Page:  1 
Welcome to the 99th Coven (Sorta) - Part III Started by: JakePeralta on Jan 24, '20 02:45

"So are we going to discuss that the LVPD, CPD, LAPD, and possibly every cop in every department is operating with the mob?"

Jake knew that this was a big operation, he had kept the duffel bag of coke with him, he was not going to lose this beauty. This thing held the key to everything, A bag of coke was the future to his finding of the Pontiac Bandit, maybe it was just some kind of bullshit but he thought that was some good old fucked humour. 

Peralta gulped down some beer, knowing this was going to be a long night and he could already see one of his fellow associates watching him. Wondering who was he was talking with, Jake looked away and turned back to face Diaz and Boyle. They did seem like they had seen worse days than this one they lived currently. 

"No we're not, it's to be expected and to be honest, I don't really give a fuck. I want that to be clear, the business we have going on with CJ and Pembrook is something we can each use to our advantage, we have the advantage here. It gives us each the chance to rise in our respective crews and get closer to the bosses. We all gain from this."

Jake had made that clear to them now, they all saw what this could be and what it was going to be giving them besides a huge fat payday. It did not make them feel good, they knew what this meant, they were diving into the other side of this world. The part where they had to put the work above the badge, the greater good and what came with it, stopping the greater demons. 

"You seem so sure of what comes next as if this does not affect your own agenda, Peralta. I'm making this clear, I don't like you. We work in the same precinct and we are working the same case, organized crime but other than that, I don't like you because you're being selfish. I see that look in your eye, you have something else in mind for this little job of ours,"

Jake did not bother to rise to the bait, thinking that she simply wanted someone to blame. He was one of the few detectives that took the fight to the criminals, maybe not the correct ones considering business with the Pontiac Bandit that was seemingly bordering on an obsession with his fellow detectives. 

"Peralta, you ready? William wants you at the bar. Now, talking about some business in Chicago, Madeline Wuntch. Seems these feds have had some fun and are now calling us to clean it up, I love the backwards way of this bullshit but hey, it pays. Who are these guys with ya? Never seen them around."

Jake finished his beer, slinging the duffel bag of coke over his shoulder and noticing a few things, first was that it seemed heavier than when he first lifted and carried it over his shoulder. The second was that Diaz and Boyle were looking nervous as if they believed he would sell them out.

"Rosa Diaz and Charles Boyle, they got sent down from Reno. Been helping me out, they're good people, anyway, I was just leaving them here. I got the errands to run and I hear that you got to drive me 'cause I'm a bit, well, drunk."

Shaking his head, the man nodded his head in a goodbye towards his fellow undercover officers before Jake and his companion walked out of the bar, leaving Rosa and Charles to wonder who Jake really was. 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

"Hey there, Jake Peralta. I see you've been making some waves. I like that, it gives us a nice little perspective on what you can do. the Queen has seen fit to place some trust in you, she wants you to deliver a shipment of cocaine to Chicago, a shipment that you have on your shoulder. Now, keep to that and maybe we can trust you with a little more."

Jake knew this was not it, something else was coming up and he had a feeling that he would not be liking it. The recent feelings within him, there was anger and many other warring emotions but above all, he felt anger at his fellow detectives. They had believed him corrupt like these other men but sometimes, you had to traverse the path in front of you, no matter who paid or died in the process. To get to his end goal, he knew what must be done. 

"I thought that the Queen did not deal in that kind of business, things that have us in the eyes of the law but I see, that is already taken care of. Pembrook doesn't sell us out and he gets a fine slice of the profits. A pretty sweet deal for him."

The man nodded, already knowing that Peralta would be able to see the deal with the various officers of the law. They had abilities in which they had yet to possess or did so through other means like this and maybe this was the type of deal that needed to be worked out with some officers. Jake understood it but it did not mean he liked it. 

Report Post Tip

He noticed a few things about William, he seemed to be sure of himself and answered his questions without any suspicion, there was trust but also there seemed to be a limited amount of information. Jake understood the game and played it back, knowing he had to be careful with what he gave away and how he gave it away. 

"It is, now it does not mean we trust him. I'd have different thoughts on that matter entirely, I wish to make sure that he understands what we wish for here. Pembrook is a means to an end and it helps that he frequents here a lot, he's taken an interest in you and now you find yourself a mule for the LVPD. It has benefits, I can assure you of that."

William almost sounded like he was talking from experience, though with the way his face gave away nothing but a wry smirk, Jake simply grunted and crossed his arms over the other. 

"Once in Chicago though, you will be tasked with meeting Hector Alvarez. He operates for the Ruiz Cartel in The Loop, he's our ally and I want him to be assured that he will be receiving these shipments. It is key that he gets them, understood?"

Jake nodded, although it seemed like he was questioning something and inside, he was! He had been told that the shit was to go to Madeline Wuntch, he noticed that William was looking at him, seemingly noticing his inner dilemma and he knew that he had to work on concealing his thoughts that played out on his face. 

Report Post Tip

"I was told that the cocaine was to go to Madeline Wuntch, at least I thought. It was made out to be that way, kinda confused, sir. I wouldn't want to mess up and have us in trouble with the police department, having them breathing down our necks can not be good for business."

William shook his head, writing off the whole Madeline deal and he made it seem like it was so easy and for him, it was fucking easy. He was not one the leading a double life that could have his family killed, his friends, his partners in the precinct and then it would lead to a whole mess that had them scrambling to save this case. Jake knew that this was the choice he had to make, and he did not like it one bit. 

"Nah, don't worry about that. You take it to Hector and all will be square, you have my word on that. Although you will be handling something for us regarding Madeline Wuntch, a favour for a Detective Kreminski from New York, something about owing the bitch a little work."

Jake could only worry inside his head and when William did not look at him like he was losing the plot, he knew that he was safe. He had concealed that thought and from making any looks on his face, he decided that it was not really worth it. This is what needed to happen, for the case, to get closer and closer to the goal. That was all that mattered. 

"Peralta, that is possible, right? Or do I need to find a new courier to deliver the messages?"

Jake shook his head, standing from his seat and placing down a few bills, deciding that was enough and that he would need to pack. Chicago was uncharted territory for him and this was just the beginning, he was in the Nine-Nine and he was in....a cocaine coven, things were looking up and he had a feeling that he was one step closer to the Pontiac Bandit. 

"I'll have it done, William. Send the boss lady my regards, I'll see ya when I get back."

Walking out of the bar, Jake smiled to himself. Maybe he was cut out for this undercover work after all.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Welcome to the 99th Coven (Sorta) - Part III
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL