May 19 - 14:07:23
Page:  1 
Sit.Read.Talk. Started by: Anti_Christ on Feb 20, '08 11:55
A lone man walks down the street and looks into the street and sits on a car

"Hello ladies and gentleman."
He then preceeds to produce a cigar, lighting it he takes a deep drag

"I am here to say that some people in this world think ill of mugging."
He looks around at the bored faces

"I on the other hand believe mugging should be seen as more a way to rank than a personal attack, yes, I know that it causes some damage, but why do people get so mad about it?"

"That is the question of the century, they lose no money, yet get angry andyway."
He takes another drag from the cigar

"Some people in this world are good at mugging and not other things."

"Yet when one asks to mug someone do they say yes? Hell no."

"So they try other ways to rank, of course they are not very good at it and do not get far."

"So they try mugging again, and either get shot or demoted."
He pulls off his hat and places it on the car beside himself

"My question is why?"

"Why do people care so much whether or not they are mugged?"

"Feel free to speak on this matter."
He sits there enthusiasticly, taking an occasional drag of his cigar
Report Post Tip
Sitting on a nearby park bench, scribbling in his notebook, -Keats- hears the argument being raised. His pen halted, he pauses and listens, before shutting his notebook and approaching the street corner.

Sir,

Your argument is an interesting one. You acknowledge that mugging is an attack. You acknowledge that it causes damage to the person being attacked. That, it would seem to me, should end the debate. Yet you go on to dismiss these true and defining facts to argue against them.

You say that people lose no money, and get angry anyway. Yet you have already stated that there is damage being done to the victim of the attack, and not just the person's wallet.

You say that some people in this world are good at mugging and not other things. Should a general incompetence excuse a particular wrong? No. Working hard to become a more complete man or woman is part of life here, and should not be skirted.

You say that everyone refuses being mugged when asked. There are many people who think as you do, who believe mugging to be relatively harmless. If you were to put in the work to find people with similar dispositions, perhaps you could be mugging to heart's content right now.

You say that these poor muggers have no other ways to rank. No other ways to rank? Anyone can become proficient at committing crimes when they put in the work.

You say that people who mug without permission get shot or demoted. You've already acknowledged that mugging is an attack. Is it really so surprising that people get punished for attacking a member of another family?

You say you want to know why. I say you've already answered the question.
Report Post Tip
I have no desire to be drawn into a public arguement in the streets over such an uneeded debate, but as I was directly involved in the situation which caused you to come here, I feel I should. Firstly I do not think ill of mugging, I myself frequently mug others, but I have the courtesy to ask others before I do it, unlike yourself who did so without asking, causing others to be adversely affected (OOC: Resetting my flight timer). Now I really dont see why this is an issue which needs to be brought up in the streets, it was a family matter and was dealt with by the family. Your bitterness at the consequences of your actions do not need to be told to the whole world. I hope this ends this matter but if it doesn't then you can take it up with me rather than trying to create sympathy for yourself.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Sit.Read.Talk.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL