Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 16:12:48
Page:  1 
Omerta and why its important Started by: DeanWinchester- on Jan 31, '20 23:37

Omerta And Why It's Important

By Dean Winchester

Before we talk about Omerta and why it's important first we must go over what Omerta actually is, Omerta - a code of silence about criminal activity and a refusal to give evidence to authorities. So outlined here it is simply stated, it's that we as mobsters vow a oath of silence to one another that we will never give one another up to the feds. Simple, but it goes beyond this. In my eyes Omerta is the oath a Made Man takes that he will never discuss family business outside of the inner circle of HIS family. Now if a Godfather within your city approaches you it may be a bit different, but to me you should never.. never discuss the inner workings of your operation to another who doesn't need to know.

Now that we have went over what Omerta is why is it important? Well first and foremost loose lips sink ships, I will give you two prime examples of why this is so important.

1) Your family/city for the purpose of this example let's say you're from New Orleans and your city wants to take out Boston. Now let's say you have a good friend who works in St Louis, and you wanna brag to him about your bosses master plan to takedown another city. Now your buddy listens and nods his head along while you tell him but the second the two of you are done talking, he runs to HIS boss who he has sworn an oath to. Now his Boss does a bunch of business with the bosses of Boston much more than he does with your boss running the swamps so he tells the Boston boss. Now they know how and when your boss is going to attack and the two bosses can come together with a plan to combat that and kill your city.

2) You and other members of your sub crew rob a bank on order of your Capo. You get locked up along with two other men, the cops tell you they can protect you if you sell out whoever told you to do it and organized the crime. So you sell out the Capo who you worked for and they jam him up. Now not only have you betrayed your oath and family but you have painted a bright red target on your back.

Both of these situations could have been avoided if you had simply kept your oath and not spoken a word to anyone about what you know. Holding your oath will always see you more rewarded then not doing so.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Omerta does not exist in this "world" simply because like yourself, and the squad, you have the inability to lead a family without being in the loop.

The loop entails do as I say. Where does Imerta tie in when the squad dictates how one leads their family?
Report Post Tip

I believe their is still some Omerta in this world you just have to find those who believe in it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Omerta and why its important
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL