Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 10:53:49
Page:  1 
A.S.G Started by: RichardWad on Feb 01, '20 15:57

Walking to a tune in his own head, Richard makes his way to the podium. Something seems a bit off with his stride. Normally he is gleeful, excited, maybe a bit of an erect posture. Today, well not so much. The expression plastered across his face comes across as a bit sour, his skin color looks slightly off as if he has been choked. A Dick being choked, who would do such a thing?

"Good Morning everyone. I come to you on this fine day for more of a serious conversation then I generally make. My bloodline has been on hiatus from the world of ours for some time now. Years as a matter of fact. The life of crime has drawn my DNA back, blood boiled, the desire to pistol whip a few people and extort business owners. I was excited, felt as if I was born to live this life, and I must say it's everything I expected after finding my Grandfathers journal in the attic. The thrills, the friendships, the mafioso way of life in general was everything I read. I would like to tackle a subject I find a tad worrisome because I debate often to myself. That's right, I'm a master debater."

"Not much is different from the experience I have read about for years, with the exception of one thing, communication. Streets have seem to have gone cold. In the readings my ancestors spoke of a world filled with public speakers. Events, social experiments, debates, threats, arguments, and reckless banter. An aspect within the past that I was super excited to be a part of and looked forward to partaking in. I'm not here to judge speeches made by Gangsters. The lack of the attempts have me worried. One of the biggest parts of the life that we have chosen is communication, why may you ask? Well not only does it keep our day by day life as mafioso's more interesting but believe it or not, you can learn a lot by someone just speaking their mind. If a Leader steps out in the middle of the street and opens their mouth, it's a big deal. People's ears perk up and they will attend. Young gangsters who have recently joined the ranks of our criminal empire look up to those in charge with aspirations to one day become a Made member within a Family as I myself do. I am grateful for my journals as I feel I have a one up when it comes to knowledge and proper mannerisms within the structure. What about those knew to this way of life? What example are they to be given to maybe assist in paving their own paths on their own missions to succeed? What tools should they use? What respect should they give those of high ranking? Is every Mafioso treated the same whether it be an Earner, or a Boss? I know, there are other forums where a young criminal mind can learn and maybe speak directly to Made members but those who are fresh to the shores may find themselves lost. Could I be over thinking this because I showed up here looking forward to hearing speeches, excited for events, custom created industries, boxing matches, radio shows? Possibly, but I also could be onto something. I'm sure this has been addressed one hundred times over, but if it has, I haven't heard anyone express much concern over it as of late."

"As much as I'd like to sit on the soap box while bitching and moaning sounding like a Catholic school girl being paddled for bad behavior, I'm a firm believer that if you complain, at least put some thought into a solution. I'm not a fan of complaints without possible resolution. If you see an issue, attempt to remedy it. Especially in our life, already on these shores I have heard people complain about how things are being handled, how things seem to be flowing, the who is who should be changed, you know the normal grievances that comes with this life. My advice? Walk the walk, don't go to others for self confirmation. Do something about it, so by taking my advice the best I can do is maybe offer a solution to the issue I have addressed."

"American Speakers Guild, something operated much like the Teamsters, take care of your workers. What can be included within this sort of Union layout? Pay, Insurance, News outlet, events, and whatever else that may be thought of. When I say thought of, I seriously mean thought of. There are no limits to ideas, the great thing about the life and world we live in, we have the freedom of creativity. Have an idea that has maybe been used before in the past? Modify and upgrade that bitch, present it, work hard at it. It will thrive if the effort is given and you can't be turned away if something doesn't work. Thousands of people have ideas that they present on a daily basis, but the difference between inventors who have been recognized rather then those who have not is the drive to not give up. Among one successful opportunist will you find many failures. How many wacky ideas did Graham Bell have that failed before landing on the telephone? How many theories can you say Einstein was incorrect on for every idea he may have hit on? Nostradamus has many incorrect predictions that have been way off, every correct one has been shadowed by many that just didn't happen. What do all these examples have in common? People still see Graham as successful, and people still claim Nostradamus a prophet. Point being, you may not succeed without many attempts or the desire to make people listen or accept your views."

"This is my proposal to this community of ours, our way of life, our world. I will operate and head the A.S.G if given the go ahead. I will simply take down names of those interested, and we will schedule a meeting to see what we can come up with. I will give this a shot. Now I know some of you may not feel like you'd be good enough or some may feel that they are way too much of a intellect to be associated with someone of the likes of myself. Before you shoot down the idea of A.S.G at least consider the positives if it did succeed."

"Now in a attempt to actually be heard, and taken seriously as I am only a Wise Guy in this life, I am going to publicly call out all leaders. I would like for all of you to please give input in this idea. Am I off my rockers? Or would you give support for this operation? Berserker, DougRoss, Drake, CarolHathaway, DonnieV, Hoth, Sabrina, EnricoCalabrese, QueenFrostine, Templar, Ochoa, Whoreable, Furlan, @Mugua, Force-, Grooglez, BML, Hulk_Smash, Peptide, Raphael, Zangief, Randall, I ask all of you to please kindly give your input on the matter. Now normally, this is not something I would consider a great idea. To publicly ask the Families of all our great cities to consider making a public appearance for, but as I stated I like to lead by example. I want to show the world of ours that there is hope and that people do care about this way of life. That things can be done through public speaking that is beneficial and educational."

"Please feel free to leave your thoughts even if your just a gangster, Goomba, Boss, Consig, RH, LH it's doesn't matter. If you feel this is a good idea, please don't contact me just to say so, please speak your mind so all can see to maybe get this thing off the ground. If you do want to speak about it privately I don't mind but I would really like to promote the idea of sharing thoughts publicly on this matter.  Even if you have criticism make it heard. There is nothing wrong with healthy debate. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from everyone."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Dom thought about it for a moment before speaking up.

"Honestly, healthy debate and communication, so long as we aren't breaking our own family's trust, would be great. Who knows the kinds of ideas we could all work up together if we would just talk. Maybe we'd find we aren't all so different after all."

He chuckled.

"Or maybe we find we can't stand each other. Either way, it would be interesting. Suffice to say, I agree with an American Speaker's Guild... It would be nice to have an easy spot to keep up with common news, or new motions pushed forward, without having to dig through piles of older papers and flyers. Lemme know if I can help ya out any..."

Dominique tipped his hat at Dick and slipped back into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A.S.G
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL