Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 13:49:16
Page:  1 
Family matters and Made men. Started by: Chaos_Cat on Feb 20, '08 17:47
As the ashes of the New Orleans mafia HQ's burn, and the body's of many litter the streets, As rodents scramble to find shelter under the shadows of the bloody, Ms_Kerowyn's only child, a young lady known only as Chaos Cat can be seen sitting on top of a parked car with a cat at her side, and blood on her finger tips.

"Ladies and gents, I come here to answer the questions that whisper in every ones eyes, 'why did she go rouge?' Let me explain something to you, something each and every one of you should know, and should believe in... Something few of you seem to understand."

Raising a bloodied hand, Miss Chaos cat reveals a pin, a double M with New Blood engraved in the front, she carefully shines it and slips it into a back pocket and stands.

"People, do you have any IDEA what That STANDS FOR! 'Made Man' Were are the rest of the New blood Made men? Dead? No... Fighting still, I see no more blood.. Then were could they be? Shows what they're oaths meant to them... Glorified Wise men, if you ask me, undeserving of that pin on their chest!

"THAT PIN STANDS FOR AN OATH OR LOYALTY! And if you can show none after you swore it, you deserve it not. Why did my mother go Rogue? Because she swore and oath of loyalty to one man and one man only, I hope your proud to have ran from the slaughter, And I hope your new leaders can see what you are. And most of all, I hope you understand that you have no understanding of this way of ours. Your words are less then dirt, less then slime, and I hope you understand that being MADE you should show some back bone and stand by your leaders side, this isn't a marriage, there is no 'Till death do we part' in the oath of a made man!

"And I hope you understand, even in your new families, that you are nothing if not loyal."

Chaos Cat leans down and scoops up Charisma, her mothers cat and glances around.

"Thank you for listening."
Report Post Tip
Ah soo true. And even by glorified WiseGuys you give them too much credit more like goomba punks who have yet to mature....you know who you are.
Report Post Tip
very true, and I cannot imagine a CL taking in such a person
Report Post Tip
I find this a fascinating subject. And what you say is truly commendable. In fact, most people around here who consider themselves "Old school" types feel exactly the same way. A Made Man should never jump ship.

My own ancestors have rarely had a choice, so I have no point of reference. But let me float a point of view and give this topic some wings.

Mafia wars are wars between factions of the mafia. Both here and historically, a faction targets the hitters and button men of the opposing faction with the purpose of winning the war. This is common sense. Self-preservation. But part of self-preservation involves avoiding overkill.

Standard practice is to knock off the RHM or Underboss first, before whacking the Boss. This disrupts business and forms part of the strategy of decapitating that particular branch of the Mafia. With the Boss dead, the victors may happily offer the peace to the remaining Made Men and soldiers in the family. The peace itself means nothing. It may not even last or may be a ruse. But in some cases it does and many Made Men leave the sinking shipand go on to become successful in their new surroundings.

Indeed many of the most famous names in the America didn't even do their Boss the courtesy of waiting until they were dead and simply defected before the war was concluded or worse, helped play a part in the downfall of their boss.

Again, this is self-preservation on the part of the soldiers on the losing team and is as old as the organisation itself.

Now many of you will find this idea horrifying, but I am bound from what I know of history to explain. it. Don't shoot the messenger of course......

*Sledge Winks.*

But I find it an interesting point of discussion in these times of upheaval.
Report Post Tip
Santino strolled down a busy city street as gun fire was heard in the distance. He stopped to listen to a conversation between a few people. What he heard shocked him.

I'm surprised to hear this is allowed. Made Men joining other families during a war? It's not only breaking the oath of loyalty, it's disrespectful to their deceased leader.

I don't want to start about what I think about the kind of people who join other families to save themselves because I'll never shut up about it. What I am most curious about is why the current leaders allow this? How much loyalty can they expect from these people? Surely, as much as they showed their previous leader. None.

There is also the possibility the higher ranked people could just be using the new HQ as a hotel until they are strong enough to get revenge for their former leader.

One more thing then I'll be on my way to snatch a purse from a pretty lady, what kind of example is this showing new blood? They can hear a hundred speeches about loyalty, but actions speak louder than words. Allowing these Made Men to live in other families is teaching new blood loyalty means nothing.
Report Post Tip
The Made Men are part of the family, they are soldato's, accepted members of the mob. Really each one should be targetted by the opposition, and in no way allowed into their fmaily. who knows what their intentions may be.

They might wait until they have worked their way up the chain of command and then strike out, taking the crews guns and slaying a few of them, just to act out revenge.

No, once someone is accpeted as a member of a family then they are with them until death.

In my personal opinion, a Family Head should not be targetted and killed so easliy though. A war is between the enforcers and soldato's, it is rare a boss will be killed before a matter is resolved.
Report Post Tip
Hadder walks into the room the look on his face grave thinking about the idiocy running throughout the world

This entire thing is bullshit, all I hear is a buncha griping and moaning about how fucking some people actually took the smart way out to keep breathing. Not many people how the brains or the courage to fucking stand up for themselves and say hey I don't feel like getting a bullet in the head. Now no one can tell me that if you have the option of getting some slugs in ya or living to go on another day, of course you would want to keep on living. So everyone lay off the fucking smart people just because you decided to stay with a dead leader and have bullets pumped into you.
Report Post Tip
Hadder, what you call "idiocy", most others call "honour".

Welcome to the mafia.
Report Post Tip
Honor I know a lot about it but is it honorable to sit and call someone dirt, just for being smart enough to not die.
Report Post Tip
I guess it depends what is important to you. Some people think death is the worst thing that can happen to them. I disagree. I'd prefer death any day over my family line being thought of as cowards.
Report Post Tip
I am here defending the honor actually of the people you guys are calling cowards and dirt, they mean the world to me and anything you can have against them you can have against me.
Report Post Tip
In the old days, the days of my family's lost history, it was a known fact that only gangsters, goombas and earners, the peons of the mafia world would live to greet another leader... Because other wise you were a traitor, and if you jumped ship, some one would kill you, either your old family's children, or your boss... You were a traitor, it didn't matter if you wanted to live... didn't matter if you had money or fame... You showed no signs of loyalty for your old leader, why would you be loyal to a new one?

That pin stood for loyalty, to the utmost. It has a family name engraved on it because failing tragic bad luck (WB, admin wack) or a possision of power in another family (R or LHM, hsl or other) you died with your boss.
Report Post Tip
My Family has had plenty of deaths fighting side by side with my CL right down to the last guys we would fight until all were wiped out. I used to be a Wise Guy and even once a Made Man. And did I ever regret fighting and dying, ya I did I wish I needn't not die. It's not cowardice or fear that drove me but just the instinct of natural survival. I yearned to live, and I will not put someone in a bad light if they actually could survive a bloody war.
Report Post Tip
What is life without honor though? In this thing of ours, any and all rules are honor bound, easy to break. With that kind of system in place, a broken vow hints at worse treachery's...

There is no insta-death if you kill a kid, some one has to have seen you kill him before you can be punished... so if you vowed loyalty to some one, and vowed to follow his/her rules, that broken vow hints that your word means little... There fore hinting that your vows to the new leader mean little or nothing.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Family matters and Made men.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL