Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:57:03
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Proposed rule change Started by: TonyPepperoni on Feb 02, '20 17:41
I posted this elsewhere in the OOC but i thought i would bring it here as well.

Obviously i love the game or i would have stopped playing by now. We all talk about how we want the made man position to mean more or how we want that position to hold more respect in the game. Some rules were put in place and people have tried to accomplish this but to be honest nothing has changed. I believe that one good way to do this and to make the game a little more realistic and in my opinion more enjoyable would be for the coders to change a couple key rules. We have all seen a CL,RHM,LHM fall in an altercation or maybe a 1% WB death on a durd and they come right back on the game as a thug that is IWP and instantly put back in the position of RHM. Now i get that what happen to them sucks and was unfortunate but it happened and good people die way too young way too often. It’s just the way it is sometimes. So how are we supposed to have respect for a position like made man when someone signs right up and is minutes old and is IWP and RHM just because of their past life? If i could change anything i would like to see the following changed

1) no one under any circumstances can be CL until they are at least a 17 day old boss
2) no one under any circumstances can be LHM or RHM until they are at least an 11 day old made man
3) no More than 10 BGs can be purchased until after you have received the status of Made man

With that being said. I would also like to note that i BG up as soon as i create a character and will continue to do so as long as the game allows me to. I will always take every advantage given to me within the rules because i am human and want to be successful just like the next player. This is why i believe the coders need to make the change because we as the players will not do it ourselves.

Just my two cents and i would love to here other people’s thought on this.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I like these thoughts, if i had to change anything about what you propose it would be the bg option. 

Make it a 10 per rank from gangster to Wise Guy and then from MM on up make it 30 more bgs per rank with the remainder of the 200 max available at Don. 

Gangster (10) Total

Goomba (20) Total

Earner (30) Total

Wiseguy (40) Total

MM (70) Total

Capo (100) Total

Boss (140) Total

Consig (170) Total

Don (200) Total

Report Post Tip

I like this idea but I would suggest something a little different for the numbers as well.

wise guy (10)

made man (25)

capo (50)

boss(100)

consig(150)

don(200)

Report Post Tip

SquaresWinner system looks the best to be honest, as right now there is disparity between a player with credits and a player with none.

Sure players who have saved up should be offered an edge but being able to buy 200 bodyguards as soon as you step off the boat is broken.

Report Post Tip

So an oppressive regime only has to keep everyone stuck at wiseguy, and they will never ever have any one putting them in check.

So if someone decides to try to topple said tyrants, s/he has to create a crew at wiseguy, then somehow survive for days longer to get his BGs trained up?

I think this idea will cause the exact opposite effect that you are hoping for.  It will reward the tyrants, and make the small peeps even more powerless and unable to stop anyone at the top even in the scenario where 99% of the people want it toppled. :/

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

-1 | I agree with Squishy.

Report Post Tip

You ever heard of John Gotti Jr?

He was made a capo while many thought he didn't yet deserve the position.

What was the point of the statement above? To point out that, if the boss wants someone to have a position that they haven't yet earned.... applies to the real world too.

But let's go to the actual issue here. How exactly does this change give made man any sort of respect/power back exactly? All you did was create a situation where a person will go without a RH for 11 days. Oh, such great changes. We're definitely making made man great again... because we clearly see RHM that are under made men ALLLLL the time... like.. maybe 2 of them every 2 months for 11 days. 

I think what you should be concentrating more on is... why exactly do you want this change? 

Report Post Tip

And, players could enforce all of these rules if they decided to....and they never ever do. 

Report Post Tip
I'd like to see the BG change. I like MrMuscles draft of the suggestion, having the tires open up with rank. The other stuff is fine IMO, in the rl mafia Capos and Bosses run their own crews. Seeing as ranks serve more as a basis for stats here than anything I don't think that change serves any purpose. Also hand positions are more often given out by trust here moreso than anything. I've only been handed by those that have sat in war rooms with me and done 10 hour days back when kills were more scarce with me.

I do think it's unfair that a 50 day old char putting in the old numbers of a "good" hitter +10 a day is only halfway built to killing an 8 day old IWP WG
Report Post Tip
Tiers not tires...
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Proposed rule change
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL