Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 10:44:24
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Click, Click, Boom Started by: Dominique_Coniglio on Feb 03, '20 00:56

Dom was quiet for a moment, breathing slowly. Johnson even turned to look just to make sure he wasn't asleep. Eyes wide open, finger tapping softly on his door. No, he was awake, and scheming.

"There are two obvious options... We go tonight, and make it very difficult on our dear Dorothy, or we don't go tonight and simply make life a living hell for our dear Johnson as he keeps his mouth shut."

Dom's words were quiet as to not alarm Dorothy much further back in the limo as the three conversed.

"However, the third option, is we don't go in immediately... But you and I come back, Fin. Johnson here let's us in unbeknownst to himself, and we have a sit down with Kueblar. You wear a mask, and he all of a sudden doesn't know it's you. Keep those tell-tale eyes covered, and that accent hidden, and maybe he just thinks you're with me."

He looked at Fin. "Or we just put a bullet in his head and hand the keys to the kingdom to Mr. Johnson here tonight..." Dominique shrugged. Either of the last two were fine to him, as was the letting it simmer for a day or so while they could plan their meet with Kueblar.

Report Post Tip

Fin shook her head, "I want him alive if at all possible. If anythin' goes sideways o'er tha next few weeks, I dinnae want suspicion falling back on Dorothy. It's too easy to place tha blame on tha new lass, call it a closed case an' move on. That ain't gonna work. At all. An' mask or nae, Kubler knows me stature well enough that playin' him ain't gonna cut it either. Nah." 

She was silent for a few moments as she thought. "I'm thinkin' tha cleanest bet is gonna be a strong arm. Kuebler's egotistical, but he ain't got tha clout or tha reach ta back it up outside o' his lil paradise here. Iffin he believes that a major organization is pressin' on his turf... he MIGHT be malleable enough to bargain for his standin'." Slowly Fin nodded as the plan started to form. 

"Ye wanna play mafioso... then I say ye start now. Take off yer belt. An' I'm gonna need one o' ye's ta sock me one... a good one." Quietly, Fin chewed her lip until the scab broke loose, a trickle of blood dripping down her chin. "Alright. Yer takin' over, Lad. Ye got backin' in Manhattan, already seized my ship, an' ye have floozies in place willin' ta testify that Kuebler's been runnin' a human traffickin' prostitution ring... YOUNG girls, ye ken. That ought'a be enough ta keep his trap shut. Dorothy is our last delivery in New Burgh. He stays outta yer way and we'll stay outta his. All he's got ta do ta save face is guarantee free passage up tha Hudson, an' forget out faces... and yer taking his man as insurance. That leaves MacAllister back at tha warehouse ta back up yer story. Which means we don' have ta tie up any loose ends. Yeah?" 

Turning toward the back seat, Fin nodded to Dorothy. "Ye hear that, Love?" she asked softly. Dorothy nodded, seeming coldly unphased. Fin nodded back with an approving smile. "Alright, then. Seein' as this is YOUR new life, ye got a choice. Ye can stay, work tha domestic angle and I'll guarantee that Kubler treats ye right. Lest Dom puts tha fear o' god in him. OR ye can default and come with us. I know ye got a keen mind fer our kinda work. Iffin ye like... an ONLY if ye like... I can put ye to work arrangin' passage for others like ye. I'll teach ye everythin' ye need ta know. No charge. No catch. Yer passage is already paid fer. This here's just... unexpected American opportunity. Ye ken? Whaddaya say?" 

A wicked grin spread across Fin's face as they pulled up to the gatehouse, her pale blue gaze flicking between Dom and 'Dorothy' as she waited for both of their answers.

Report Post Tip

Dominique nodded as he removed his belt and handed it behind him. "Well Doro-... Orlaith. Depending on your choice here, depends on how I approach Kueblar. Either way, we'll handle this little squeeze easy. My boys are gonna be mad I went at it alone though... HA!"

He looked at Johnson. "I guess that means you too, hmm? Just how loyal are ya feelin' to Kueblar?"

"Ain' gonna be nae trouble from me, I swear t'at. Always been ken on Fin anyway, boyo. Might as well see it t'rough, hi?"

Johnson looked at Fin with a smirk. "If yeh need someone ta bruise ya face, lass, et needs ta be 'im... So's 'is knuckles fit tha crime, ta?"

Both Dom and Fin nodded and Dom turned in his seat. "Sorry about this, doll. Ya know, I don't fancy myself a woman beater, so take this as a one time transaction... An' I'll let ya pay it back in turn." He winked, then with one swift swing, his fist came in hot and solid (even harder than any hit the brute Bradford had landed), contacting just off center from her nose and under her eye. It would leave her with a hard bruise in minutes, and her eye just might swell shut.

Spinning back around in his seat, he handed his pistol to Johnson and nodded, pointing at the side of his face. "Hit me with it..."

Johnson nodded, taking the pistol and striking Dom hard with the grip, breaking the skin with the rough edge. Dom hissed with the sting, then turned and tugged a small knife from his pocket. Looking at everyone, he smirked before jabbing his arm a few times to leave some superficial cuts in the skin... Just enough to give him some blood to dry.

"There, that outta make it look like we scuffed a bit more than not." He winked at Fin before taking his pistol back from Johnson and holstering it.

"I'm in..."

Johnson looked in the rearview as Dom and Fin turned to look at the voice from the back. Fin and Dom both wearing a lovely, wicked smirk on their faces.

"Alright then, doll. Means Kueblar ain' gonna like his deal he's gettin', but eh? Whodafuck cares, huh? What's 'e gonna do about it? Fuckin' nothin'."

Dominique grinned more as he cracked his knuckles and neck. Mr. Rabbit was coming to town!

"Well... It was either nice knowin' yas all, or I look forward ta workin' with ya!" The group approached the gates of the house. "Guess it's go time, hmm?"

Dom looked everyone in the eye and nodded before looking forward and pulling his hat low.

Report Post Tip

Fin tried to chuckle at Dom's woman-beater insistence, but the chortle was cut shockingly short by the stupefyingly hard blow. The boy could commit, that was damned sure. Behind her eyelids, the world exploded with a kaleidoscope of heat and colour; the searing shock knocking her back a few years into a world of pure fight or flight. Fin choked on her laughter, an alarmingly girlish whimper of pain and panic squeaking from her as she recoiled. It was a sound like neither of the men had ever heard... especially from her. That much was clear by the look of shocked concern that washed over Johnson's face as he eyed the rearview. 

Luckily, Dor-laith was there to catch the woman as she hunkered back into the rear seat. "Breath," the blonde coached cooly... as if she'd done it a hundred times. "Tell me," she demanded as she cradled Fin's chin... forcing her to gain her bearings. Swallowing hard, Fin nodded. "You, Dom, Johnson, Windows... floormats," she listed off mechanically, gulping hard. "Leather, carpet, wool... socks.... mah face?" she chuckled softly, pushing her self away. "I'm good," she swallowed again and nodded, "I'm good." 

Straightening her jacket and smoothing her hair, Fin nodded to Johnson... smirking sheepishly at Dom as he winked into the backseat. She would just pretend that no one noticed that. Dorothy's voice echoed in affirmation. She was in. Fin, smiling through her growing headache, shot her an approving look as she slid across the seat to the window opposite her blackening eye. 

As she slowly rolled the window down, a lanky man-boy of a guard approached. Leaning ever so slightly into the light, Fin smiled. "Kuebler's expectin' me... as usual." The young man stayed as far from the vehicle as he could, wearing an expression that belied his distaste and distrust of this arrangement. "He's in the den... as usual. I'll ring up and let him know you've arrived," he replied without meeting Fin's gaze. Nodding, Fin rolled the window back up, as Johnson pulled away up the drive. That was easy enough. 

As the limo rounded the circular drive, the light from the door was visible... casting a long shaft across the ground beneath the awning, the shadow of the waiting butler clearly visible. "Okay," Fin huffed softly, "Tha den is ta tha left o' tha foyer. Kuebler'll be waitin' by tha fire, facin' tha door. There nae be any sneakin' up. So you'll need ta have tha situation in hand goin' in. Ya ken?" She met Dominique's gaze in the rearview as he stepped out... waiting to take his lead as the butler frowned suspiciously. It was go-time.

Report Post Tip

"C'mon, dame. Let's go. You?" he turned and looked at Johnson. "You keep the damn car running and keep that woman quiet, hmm?" With his back to the butler, he winked at Orlaith and then nodded to Johnson.

Turning back toward the house and grabbing Fin's arm, he practically drug her along to the front door where the butler stopped him and looked at Finleigh.

"What's going on here, Madam Finnegan?" the man started, but was shut down as Dominique stepped in front of him.

"Nothing you should concern yourself with. I believe this dame had a meeting planned with Kuebler. Let's not keep 'em waiting, yeah?" Raising a brow and cocking his head slightly to the side, Dominique's face told the poor butler that he was a man that didn't enjoy being kept waiting.

"And whom should I inform has come to see Master Kuebler?"

"Dominique -fuckin'- Coniglio from Oppai Incorporated. That's who, capisce?" Dom's gaze bore holes through the butler as the man backed up and turned, waving them inside and shutting the door behind them.

"Right this way..."

The butler led Dom through the foyer to the left and entered a smaller, but very elegant room full of rich colors and posh furniture. Fin, drug along behind Dom, played her part and looked brow beat and defeated, hunching her shoulders and looking away from the men just slightly as they entered.

"Finleigh Finnegan..." Kuebler's voice boomed. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Meanin' of this is tha~"

"I didn't ask you, boy... I asked Finleigh. Look up at me girl, and answer. Who is this ruffian in my den and where is my girl?"

"Umm, a Mister Coniglio, sir," the butler started before being waved off.

Fin took one glance at Dom and could see the utter chaos behind his eyes as he fought multiple urges to teach Kuebler a thing or two about respect for him right then and there... It was that control over his own impulses that made him dangerous though. He could easily play the long game.

"Alright, alright, old man. I see. I unnahstand, I'm in your house. So let's be civil. You asked the broad a question. I get it."

Looking at Fin, he shoved her forward and growled out. "Why doncha answer 'em, doll. Go ahead an' tell 'em -exactly- what's goin' on 'ere..."

He shot a wretched smile at Kuebler waiting for Fin to speak up.

Report Post Tip

Fin stumbled forward, nearly tripping over herself as Dom shoved her. Gasping as she caught herself... for good measure. Clearly no stranger to deception, she played expertly to her actual injuries for full effect. "We've... um... I... err..." Fin chewed her bleeding lip instinctively as she 'struggled' for the right words, wincing as the slicing pain reminded her of their shredded state. "There's been an unforeseen change o' management." 

It was everything she could do to hide her smirk beneath a facade of forced-distress as she eyed the chaos that boiled in Dom's eyes. Something about that controlled smoulder tickled her... thoroughly. Clearing her throat she stepped back beside Dom as she continued, "This here is Mr. Dominique Coniglio... o' tha Sicilian Coniglios. Here on behalf o' Oppai, Incorporated - with an offer that, frankly sir, I simply can nae refuse... if ye follow?" 

Fin emphasized all the right words shooting Kuebler a meaningful, frightened stare as she watched the weight of those words settle in. A parade of shifting emotions tumbled across Kuebler's face cascading into one another like a snowball of disbelief and distaste...shock, consternation, outrage, recalcitrance, disdain... all in a matter of seconds as the man puffed himself up with all the self-righteous pomp, social narcissism, and blue-blooded entitlement he could manage. 

Fin sensing the impending tirade, disguised a soft chuckle beneath the sound of a rattling cough... making sure to include a small spray of blood from her lip. The sound... and the sight of her blood-smeared hand... stopped Kuebler in his track as he finally took the time to fully assess her outward condition. She. Looked. Like. HELL. The settled over him with a quiet sense of disturbance as his gaze flickered between the two 'ruffians' standing in his den. 

Clearing her throat softly, Fin continued, " 'YOUR' woman," she forced the word out with venomous distaste, "Will be taking other employment. But, given that you've payed NOTHING toward her liberation, travel, or education thus far. I'm sure that you will nonetheless find Mr. Coniglio's offer as agreeable as I have." Bowing her head ever so slightly to Dom, she turned partially toward the door, "Shall I leave you gentlemen to discuss the new arrangements?"

Report Post Tip

"Go get your ass back in the car."

"Now listen here, woman, you WAIT when you're in -MY- house!"

Dom, turning on Kuebler, shut him up with a look and a booming voice for such a slender male.

"I don't think you fucking understand the situation you're in, fully, Mr. Kuebler." Turning back to Fin he growled out, "Back to the fucking car. Now."

As the girl marched forward, Dom turned back to Kuebler one last time.

"So here's tha new deal... We're gonna get outta your docks. You'll still get your agreed parment for this last deal, but we're rewristing tha contract as of tonight. Instead, that dame is gonna work for me and tha protection that New york families can give 'em. Capisce? Considerin' I marched in an' handled your two meatheads myself. Two fellas for a dockyard movin' all that product? You're obviously in over your fuckin' head. So lemme just make your life easy. Get your fuckin' money, and we'll all split ways. You stay tha fuck outta my business, an' I'll make sure you hang on to your little slice'a pie here. Make one wrong move, and your whole fuckin' bullshit empire is gonna meet an army you couldn't think ta handle. You fuckin' look at someone in New York City wrong, and there won't be a Kuebler family."

"But that comes with plenty of connection for you too, capisce? Ain' no one gunna fuck with ya if they know ya got friends like me. Unnahstan'? Anyone wants ta fuck wit'ya, let'em know Mr. Rabbit's gunna pay'em a fuckin' visit. They don't get tha memo?"

Dominique reached into his pocket near his revolver, making Kuebler sweat a bit as his eyes widened... Producing a card, he took the few steps over to Kuebler and flipped it over so the written number could be seen.

"Call this number an' ask for Romana. Tell'em you're a friend of Bugsy's and he'll make sure any problem ya got is handled. This can be good for ya... Or it can be really bad. Your choice, Kuebler."

Dom dangled the card a bit longer until Kuebler reached up and took it. "Deal."

"Good on ya." Dominique gave Kuebler's cheek a hard pat, partially for the added insult to injury. "Ya just might make a step into tha big leagues, pop. Maybe." Turning around, he headed toward the door. "I'll get your fuckin' money right now, an' business is done. Agreed?"

"Yeah, agreed, kid... Agreed." Kuebler chuckled slightly as he sat back in his chair, cigar hanging from his mouth as he stared at the door. He had plenty of ideas for these New York connections to help ensure his power... Dominique on the other hand, was happy he'd taken the bait. Kuebler wouldn't be an issue for -anyone- for much longer.

Exiting the house, Dom yelled at Johnson and Fin. "Pay tha fuckin' man his cut from tonight then we're leavin'."

Johnson nodded and got out of the car to help Finleigh handle the bags as Dom slid into the passenger seat and shut the door, rolling down his window and lighting a cigarette.

"An' make it quick. I'm ready ta go home an' get outta this shithole, wannabe town."

Report Post Tip

Fin was all too ready to be done with this charade. Trudging back into the house she dropped a briefcase at Kuebler's feet without saying another word and hastily made her way back to the car without spending any more time than absolutely necessary in the same room with his disgustingly smug face. She was really gonna have to talk to Dom about that... once they were settled in. Something about the way he looked made her stomach churn. And she had a bad feeling about it. She didn't trust Kuebler to remain businesslike in her absences. Not one bit. 

Sliding into the back seat with Dorothy, she tapped Johnson's shoulder... a content smirk on her face as they drove away.

Report Post Tip

Present Day, LA

That day continued to lay on Dom's mind, eve after he'd arranged for Fin to make it out to LA when New York had burned so many months ago... Now, seeming like it was ancient news, Dominique couldn't help but grin at the small empire they were finally starting to build in Los Angeles...

How good it was to finally be home. His real home.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Click, Click, Boom
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL