Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 15:45:54
Page:  1 
A Friend of Ours Started by: Fin on Feb 09, '20 06:55

The sounds of heavy construction echoed down the block as Fin rounded the corner from her hotel. It was a daily routine that had become almost mundane at this point. But today, there was a fresh lilt in her step as she heaved open the heavy, inlaid doors to the soon-to-open Raven Loft.

Construction had been underway for over a week, and things were finally starting to shape up. The hammered gold backdrop for the bar was finally set, and shelving was starting to go up over it for the glasses and bottles. The marble countertop was mounted and polished. The stage was set and lighting was hung. The scrolling wrought iron railing of the loft was placed and being foiled. Any day now, they'd be ready to announce the grand opening. And both the stress and joy were clear on Dom's face as he glanced toward the door. 

Fin, however, was peppy for a completely different reason. And as she  - literally - skipped over to hug him, Dom had to wonder... why?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Pushing himself up from the floor as he heard the door, he looked warily in it's direction. Things had been moving so smoothly and quickly it was almost as if he -expected- things to go awry. However, the presence of Fin made him smile. He was terrified of the investment, and equally excited about the possibilities of their extravagant business advent.

As Fin skipped over, however, Dominique couldn't help but raise a brow at her antics. As her body hit his, he smiled and wrapped his arms around her, sweat and all.

"What's got ya so wound up, doll?" he asked as he pulled her back to arm's length. "Must be somethin' good, I hope!" He chuckled and swept her hair behind her ear.

"So what is it?"

Report Post Tip

Hugging him with one arm, she pulled a bandaged hand out of her pocket and flicked a large plastic coat button at him with a smile. 

"Oh, nothin'," she canted, "Just had meself a lovely lit'le meetin' wit' tha boss-man." She veritably BEAMED as she grinned at him... waiting for it. 

Report Post Tip

Dominque grinned as he snatched the button out of the air and looked at it, twirling it along his fingers.

"Look at that! You finally got your button!" He nodded, leaning in to kiss her cheek before turning his back.

"Congratulations, Fin! This calls for a drink!" he happily chirped as he stepped down the bar, flicking the button over his shoulder in her direction. "You deserve it more than anyone I can think of, probably even more than me!" He chuckled, reaching up to the top of one of the finished shelves to grab a decanter of golden-brown hooch. Turning and setting it on the bar, he nodded at her.

"And you were worried about your blood causin' an issue." He snickered, reaching below the counter to grab two glasses before removing the glass topper from the decanter to pour two heavy shots. "See, we ain't like all's them coalition an' syndicate boys. We do things all newfangled here in L.A. Blood purity's not as important as loyalty is."

Replacing the top, the winked and slid her glass down to her. The smoothed marble bar topping was perfect for a few flashy-keep tricks; and Dom was most assuredly a flashy-keep (among other hidden talents).

"So this one's to you, doll! Cin cin!"

He raised his drink and downed it.

Report Post Tip

"Sláinte," Fin retorted, blushing as she scurried to catch the sliding drink AND snatch at the flicked button with her one functional hand. She'd definitely cut too deep. Being one-handed for a while was most assuredly going to SUCK. But it was worth it. Raising her glass, she toasted him happily and took a long gulp. 

"I have you ta thank fer it. Otherwise, I'd be stuck in some shithole in New York tryin' ta start over all by me lonesome. It's nae everyone that'll stick ta their work likes ye did. So... here's to ye, too."  

She finished off the small glass with another sip, before sliding the glass back. "So, how long ye thing the boys'll take puttin' tha finishin' spit shine on?" She glanced around with a smile, noting how well it was coming. They really were almost finished. And the thought was both thrilling and terrifying. "An' where do ye think we go next? Give it a month? Or two?? Or dive right in ta tha next project? Giovanni's maybe? Hai?"

Report Post Tip

"Definitely dive right in... I'm paying these bastards to keep it moving, one project at a time. Gotta hustle, baby." Dom grinned. "I say Giovanni's is definitely next. As for this place? I give it, honestly, tomorrow. We're almost done with finishin' touches. Hell, maybe today if I can get these bastardos to move!" Laughing, he hopped onto the bar and sat, placing both hands on the edge.

Looking over the place, he was silent for a moment. The vision was really coming together. The reds, the golds... It was beautiful and classy. "What about you?" he started, turning his gaze to her finally. "You think we should dive right in, or wait? It's gonna take me a bit to get the garden going on top of Giovanni's, so... I should probably get everything potted now so we can just transplant it on the roof once we get the building done."

Laying back, he crossed his arms over his stomach and inhaled slowly. "I really like what ya picked for tha place here, Fin. It's perfect an' you's tha only one ta thank for that."

He drummed on his stomach lightly, humming as he waited for her thoughts...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Fin shrugged lightly, tracing circles on the bar as she thought. "Nah," she said softly, "I think divin' in is fine. If it takes us about tha same amount o' time as this ta get it ready, that outta be just about right fer announcin' grand openin's and hypin' it up an' what not... I think." 

She was quiet for a moment as she weighed their options, "I definitely think we need ta do it proper though... flyers around tha district an' all that. Make some fanfare so's tha name starts gettin' out there. Hopefully, if people see us droppin' bombs on tha regular they'll be more inclined ta join up when we get ta that point. Ya ken?"

Report Post Tip

"Yeah... I agree." Dominique nodded.

"Flyers and a grand opening is certainly called for. It will help drum up business for sure. Giovanni's also needs a dress code. Something nice, elegant. Need a good uniform for the staff as well. Of course, we can pull in the boy from the Dining Car to help with that. Reminds me, I should see if he's called Romano yet. Add that to my list of things for the day..."

Snickering, he pushed himself up from his prone position, then slid off the counter.

"We can start working on flyers for the loft if you want. We're close to opening day anyway. Might be best to focus on this place first." He smiled, then tapped his chin. "Though the garden really should get started too... Otherwise we won't have the fresh veggies ready to go before we open. Doesn't matter though, so long as we purchase from the local gardens. Long as we're putting money back into this city of ours."

He nodded. "Sound good?"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $400,000 Tip

Fin chuckled lightly, "Actually, I kinda like tha idea o' gettin' yer hands dirty. Whaddaya sey we go an' rummage up some planters an' shite?" Tucking her button back into her pocket, she held the door, smiling wide as warm sunlight filtered into the room, glinting off the bar's backsplash. The future looked good from where she was standing. Real good. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Friend of Ours
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL