Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 15:58:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
City Planning Meeting Results Started by: Whoreable on Feb 10, '20 12:43

I heard a rumor it was cleared to make room for KingRevan. I haven't been able to independently verify these claims but the evidence is certainly mounting. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Agree with Toby, thinks ke cries in the shadows at the moment after all just drove over him and dint let him take care of Philly on his own.

No one knows how that would have been but thinks after being a bit sarcastic that they who now is there will do a great job a while, well see what the near future wil lgive us though.

Report Post Tip

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the regime to be held to certain standards.

How long has the take-down thread been an integral part of our thing, prior to this regime? If everyone takes the view that it's not worth pursuing, then how far will our standards drop before something is done?

Furthermore, if the people in power are training the new blood these purge tactics, and they're neglecting things like take-down threads then the same things will continue to happen ad infinitum.

Report Post Tip

Thrawn made his way to the street corner, standing perfectly straight, and mostly still, with his hands clasped behind his back. He began to speak to those gathered.

First and foremost, my sincerest apologies to those who have been awarded this opportunity. Philadelphia is a wonderful city, and I look forward to seeing it flourish once again.

Second, I heard the removal of old Philadelphia was related to a tragic, very sad, bus accident. There were minimal survivors. Icy roads this time of year.

Thrawn took a moment to gather himself, bus accidents always hit hard. He then turned to MrBlobby to address him.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the regime to be held to certain standards.

How long has the take-down thread been an integral part of our thing, prior to this regime? If everyone takes the view that it's not worth pursuing, then how far will our standards drop before something is done?

Furthermore, if the people in power are training the new blood these purge tactics, and they're neglecting things like take-down threads then the same things will continue to happen ad infinitum.

Forgive me, but I was under the impression that breaking the wheel and moving things in a different direction were good things? I'm not going to waste my time on your accusations of purge tactics, as honestly that conversation has gotten quite boring and is being drilled and paraded across other street corners. But, in terms of standards and take-down 'threads' whatever that is, changing things is not a bad thing. Why do we need the regurgitation of accusations for why something happened? It is my opinion that it happened, it's over. When it's over, that's it. In the grand scheme of everything, the reasons it happened are irrelevant after it happens, and the next of kin finding out this information is entirely not needed, always has been. Just my opinion though. Enjoy that salt though bro.

Report Post Tip

Take-down and removal speeches have always been a privilege not a right. The good folks running the businesses of our world have never been required to come out and explain their actions.

They are well within their rights to not explain their actions to the masses. More-so I believe that some things are better left unsaid.   

The people at the top are required to do as little public speaking as they choose, which is undoubtedly true. However, I don't think anyone is claiming otherwise, merely whether they should choose to do more. 

I'm all for more conversations (desperately trying to continue one with Grooglez right now) because I think that mentality makes the world a more enjoyable place to be. "Breaking the wheel" in of itself is not progress, just change. When this is done in a negative way, like accepting less from those who could and used to be expected to do more, it shouldn't be lauded. That mentality is more Luddite than erudite, honestly. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Grin has said precisely what I wish I had the verbal skills to say.

I shall say, however, that it's not salty to seek answers or clarity. Asking the questions in a well attended street speech is a good way to address the points being avoided in other corners.

Report Post Tip

I do wish you all the best in Philly, I've never been a fan of this type of city but after seeing some of the names picked out, I believe there is hope yet

Report Post Tip

MrBlobby, do you really need a version of this?

We, the leaders of <insert victorious cities here> removed <insert loser cities here>.  We had been given evidence of <insert semi plausible, unprovable excuse here>  by members of <insert name of leader/leaders of losing side/suitable patsy>

*As these were on the list of people we don’t really care about we took the decision to create some space for people we feel we might care about a little more.

*We couldn’t risk having people outwith the List of Trustworthiness building a gun

*delete as appropriate

It was with a heavy heart that we made this decision in the wee small hours but rest assured it was totally not a purge.  Rest in peace to all those not on the list of people we care about and there is a protection order for all tagged individuals who are not found by our hit squads afterwards.

Signed

A. Winner

Nobody ever believes what was said in them anyway.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Dom peeked over Lollygag's shoulder and glanced at the speech he held, chuckling softly to himself.

"Can't say I disagree with ya. I don't think I've eva attended a speech about a takedown where everything was spelled out. None of it's eva gonna be completely true. Why? Because history is written by those that win the wars. Sure, ya can ask someone why they did what they did... But even if they were completely honest wit'cha about it, would ya believe them?"

Dominique looked toward MrBlobby.

"Bottom line is, even if the reason they give ya is true, it's not gonna be true enough for -everyone- that died. Sometimes it's simply guilt by association. An' that's not gonna sit well."

Shrugging, he chuckled. "So why botha comin' out an' even offerin' ya a truth, or a story, or any good tale about why what was done was done? People ain't gonna care, they's still gonna bitch about it, still gonna be just as salty... It's really a lose, lose situation, amico."

"Best we can do, move forward an' live. We get an explanation? Nice... At least we got a headline story ta read. We don't? We're in tha Mafia. Omerta. That includes not tellin' ya why ya pops was killed. It's part'a tha life. We're all gonna catch a bullet at some point. We walk inta this life knowin' that."

"Now, back ta Godmotha Whoreable's announcement. Congratulations ta those that been chosen for this chance in Philly! Good luck, amici!"

Report Post Tip

Hahaha, that's pretty accurate Lollygag.

And dominique_coniglio, it's not so much the content that I'm interested in - it's the assailants. I've been told by sources in LA and LV that it was a DT/CH/SEA coalition, yet SEA and parts of DT have claimed it was an LA/LV power play. I mean, if they can't even agree who's in charge, what sorta hope do we have for the future? At least coming out and putting your authoritative stamp on it would show you mean business and can control the council you claim to lead...

"Ah..." Dom nodded.

"Maybe tha look of dissension is part of tha strategy though? I mean, it keeps ya from knowin' where ta focus your anger, yeah?" He shrugged.

"In tha end, it really doesn't matta. Someone wanted it done, it's done. Why? Because they said so. Puttin' a stamp'a approval on it don't really make a difference one way or anotha. Best'a luck on ya hunt for answers though."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

It's easy to say "it doesn't matter" from a protected position of power within a purger's hierarchy, it's also pretty disingenuous. I'm pretty sure it would matter more to you if it was your father was shot, so why don't you just leave me to find the answers I seek instead of 'fixing' the situation, by telling me it doesn't matter and I shouldn't care.

Dom stopped, looking back over his shoulder.

"'Eya, kid. Ya must not know me that well. If my kid acts like you when I die, I'd hope he'd put a bullet through 'is head. Position'a power or not, I'd still stand by my thoughts'a it don't matta. So what if they killed my pops? He knew what 'e signed on for. Besides, I weren't 'fixin'' nothin' like ya say. Was just weighin' in my own thoughts. Ya don' wanna hear 'em, maybe ya shouldn't mouth off in tha streets for otha's ta talk wit'cha. Not ta mention, I'm pretty certain I wished ya tha best'a luck in ya search for answa's. So instead'a gettin' smart wit' me when ya don' know me... Take tha genuine wish for ya ta find ya answa's, be respectful, an' try an' be betta today than ya was yestaday. Capisce?"

Dominique shrugged as he looked at MrBlobby, then turned and slipped through the crowd.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: City Planning Meeting Results
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL