Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:06:31
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
newspaper archive Started by: Al_Capone on Feb 15, '20 15:17

my suggestion from a game i used to play is to create an official newspaper archive for all player-created newspapers, to preserve the games history. you dont have to add old ones, just start from when the feature is added. or give players the chance to submit their old papers? up to you. new papers are published as threads in the street like normal but through an extra tick box/template that automatically adds them to the archive under their titles, issue numbers and dates. it also gives an incentive for people to write newspapers and archive the history of the game where it can be gone back and read easily in the future. it can be interesting to go back and read old editions through the years to see what was happening at the time and what was being said about it in the comments. i know that this is what the streets can be used for but it takes a lot of searching and there is not too much that actually explains what is happening in the game besides old newspapers as it is mostly RP stories. also maybe its too much work as there are no active newspapers at the moment but i think it would give some people the desire to write something if they knew it would be preserved and read in the future in this way. 

- al capone

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

+1

Report Post Tip

yeah, this is a good argument. Sounds nice to read back about the early days

Report Post Tip

There was an official Newspaper for the game but there was a lack of commitment to keep it going. Sad, really. 

For the player newspapers you can always use the search feature if you know the author. I wouldn't mind having perhaps options for the type of thread you are meant to posting e.g. story, RP, paper, speech etc. You could then search and filter by category? No idea if that is possible though.

Report Post Tip

There were a few newspapers in times of the great SovietBear Era. All archived by their authors. Unfortunately they are gone now :(

RIP to all those who passed away in the greed of the largest Big Harty pot in history. As Mahatma Gandhi once said, "The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed." RIP

Report Post Tip

One of the features in the new version is proper tagging of threads, news papers are one of the things that we will retroactively go back and tag so that they can be found easily in the future.

When the new version is ready and battle tested, I will ask those who wrote papers to double check that theirs have been tagged, and if not to contact me so that I can include them.

Report Post Tip

hell yeah, thanks squish

Report Post Tip

Great stuff

Report Post Tip

Thanks Squishy!

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: newspaper archive
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL