Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:04:58
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
Do away with the hitlist Started by: aftermath on Feb 21, '20 09:36

People should not be able to invest or use real life money as a force of targeted opposition against other player characters as is generally the case currently with credit purchases funding the majority of hits in this world.  From on in game perspective it is fair for them to use currency to strengthen their own accounts, but a targeted assault should have to be earned by hard work and dedication.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

-1. The hitlist is supposed to make people get shot at and create an incentive for betrayal.

Report Post Tip

That's fine in a world where money only comes from hard work and investment of time into the game.  That is not the case here.

Report Post Tip

As far as I'm concerned, the hitlist is the flip side of the same metagame coin that the purgers use.

That's the mafia doing mafia things.

Report Post Tip

Keep the hitlist. It filters excess money from the game. It rewards those that are willing to take the risk to shoot the target. It gives Tyler Durden something to do between wack attempts and a chance to make a few bucks too and adds more risk to the game. 

The mafia way of doing things involves rewards for killing targets. That's what the hitlist is for. 

Report Post Tip

Keep the hitlist. It filters excess money from the game. It rewards those that are willing to take the risk to shoot the target. It gives Tyler Durden something to do between wack attempts and a chance to make a few bucks too and adds more risk to the game. 

The mafia way of doing things involves rewards for killing targets. That's what the hitlist is for. 

What the hitlist does is allow people to bully others if they have a gigantic credit surplus.  They can effectively pick and choose who lives and who dies without needing to earn that privilege and the only way to effectively counter it with the huge sums of money this game commands is to in turn, swipe a credit card.  

If the in game economy scaled up to match credit prices where you could effectively earn the amount of money required to buy off these hits with a group of dedicated earners it would not be an issue. 

Report Post Tip

That's the mafia doing mafia things.

You think the mafia kill 95% of their recruits within 60 days?

Report Post Tip

Timelines in a game are obviously not going to be reflected in real life time, or we'd still all be on our original characters when we first started playing here.  

If you want a counter balance, lower perm auth to earner and below to shoot at the top ranks after doing away with the hitlist.

Report Post Tip

I don't know whether you're intentionally avoiding the point I'm making or you're genuinely misunderstanding.

Purge regimes use out of character information to decide the fate of a player, based on game mechanics and absolutely nothing else. Why is it not fair that felled players use out of character resources to decide the fate of their attacker - if the player is financially able? Like I said - it's the flip side of the same coin; metagaming.

Report Post Tip
I don’t agree with removing the hitlist, but I do agree with you when you say people shouldn’t be able to just sink real life money into the game and have hundreds of millions of dollars.

There are already too many things on this game now that you can gain an advantage at by being rich in real life.

This game used to actually be fun before credits made it possible for you to build a gun faster, acquire bodyguards faster, put people on the hitlist easier, and basically every other part of the game that develops your character, can be massively sped up because you have more money than the other guy.

There’s a bigger issue here of course, but dictating who Tyler shoots at because you have a bigger bank balance than somebody else is absolutely ridiculous and wholly unfair.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Honestly, I'd love to just play the game and not suddenly wake up to a one hundred million dollar hit on my head because someone randomly decided I was deserving of it without needing to invest much in that decision due to credits versus the time required on myself to be competitive here.     

I understand the game needs funding, but it was gotten a bit out of hand. 

Report Post Tip

Honestly, I'd love to just play the game and not suddenly wake up to a one hundred million dollar hit on my head because someone randomly decided I was deserving of it...

How do you think other players feel when they wake up in the morgue, despite the fact that their character has done nothing to warrant a bullet? Honestly, all I see here is a load of salt being thrown around because you've pushed the wrong person too far and ended up on the wrong side of the barrel.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I don't know whether you're intentionally avoiding the point I'm making or you're genuinely misunderstanding.

Purge regimes use out of character information to decide the fate of a player, based on game mechanics and absolutely nothing else.

I guarantee you that people that are purged are not only done so based upon game mechanics alone but based on interactions with current leadership and of course, their in game history if they chosen to divulge it...haven taken part in the necessary removal of these people in the past to preserve the status quo I was serving at the time, I understand completely how it works.

How do you think other players feel when they wake up in the morgue, despite the fact that their character has done nothing to warrant a bullet? Honestly, all I see here is a load of salt being thrown around because you've pushed the wrong person too far and ended up on the wrong side of the barrel.

I've never been the victim of one of these insane hit-listings, but it gives me a sour feeling thinking about, a lot less sour than I ever have felt eating a bullet here from someone that actually put in the work required to shoot my character. 

Report Post Tip

I think if you did some more digging you would find historically and currently that most 'obscene' Hitlists are in fact funded by credits won through Dice, not through purchases. Limiting what people should be able to do with their gains doesn't seem like a grand idea to me. Add in the fact that about 95% of the people who are placed on the Hitlist don't die while the Hit is up and well...yeah. It's fine. 

Report Post Tip

I've never been the victim of one of these insane hit-listings, but it gives me a sour feeling thinking about, a lot less sour than I ever have felt eating a bullet here from someone that actually put in the work required to shoot my character. 

I actually was a hitlist victim for a LOT of cash.. I hold no ill will towards the poster of the hit. It's part of the game, and no different than being in the mafia, where there are bounties put out on people's heads.  If you can't afford to pay it off, chances are, someone will be collecting those monies. 

Report Post Tip

I think if you did some more digging you would find historically and currently that most 'obscene' Hitlists are in fact funded by credits won through Dice, not through purchases. Limiting what people should be able to do with their gains doesn't seem like a grand idea to me. Add in the fact that about 95% of the people who are placed on the Hitlist don't die while the Hit is up and well...yeah. It's fine. 

Credits won from dicing are won after initial credit purchases with real life money, generally these people go in cycles where they lose a lot of money, then buy more credits and every once in awhile come out massively ahead.  Your ending statement about 95% of people not dying whom have obscene hits placed on them is absolutely not true.  I've witnessed with my own eyes through the years targeted harassment like this with these individuals buying off 100 mill hit after 100 mill hit over and over only to run out of funds and eventually be taken out either by Tyler or other people cashing in.

Lower tier hits, yeah they generally don't result in anything, those with huge stacks of cash obtained from buying credits should not have the power to dictate the politics of a world in a way they not earned the right to direct via hard work. 

Report Post Tip

I would be surprised if there was much real money involved with the hits. You also can't list people in credits. If people are happy to do deals on the marketplace and buy up credits, then the seller gets to use that cash however they wish. I don't have an issue with it. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Last week the hitlist looked like something from the world of loonies. I get enough of that on my local news station. If you want someone hitlisted, conduct business underground. It does not have to be national news. In these times, 90% if not more of the user base are one sided. 

+1

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Do away with the hitlist
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL