Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 13:54:53
Page:  1 
Opportunity for Change Started by: Grin-05 on Feb 24, '20 00:57

With the implosion of the regime and subsequent Godly intervention, the majority of the former powers-that-be are now dead. This can either be a wonderful opportunity to do things differently or it can be nothing more than a minor misstep in the same shitty song and dance routine that has blighted our thing for quite some time.

There has been an acceptance of poor leadership, a lack of communication and general disregard for "family" altogether. Coffeeshop allegiances have superseded those vows made by members to bosses and even worse, the duties of bosses to members as well. This is supposed to be a two-way street, where I work for you in exchange for protection and over time the opportunity to progress up the ladder. We've made that progression meaningless and watched as ranks have deteriorated into empty labels. I don't mean that in a "you can't PP a Made Man" bullshit way, I mean in a "I don't give two dicks about my Dons or my Gangsters" way. When you perpetrate or allow the murder of made men, the supposedly untouchable, without any tangible reason for doing so, you betray everything this is meant to be about.

So lets start with fixing that. Make your vows matter and hold people, including yourself, accountable for them. If you're going to purge people based upon their past, their age or any other reason which doesn't quite amount to an evidence backed betrayal, don't bestow upon them the title of Made Man prior to doing so. That makes you look like a dummy who has no understanding of how the hierarchical structure you're now leading should work and it devalues your organisation. Inducting someone into your family is your seal of approval for that person; if you don't actually intend to vouch for them, don't be a coward and pretend for a couple of weeks that you have done. You've just told us that a button in your family is worthless. Give it value. Believe in your people or don't promote them.

And when you do promote them, make them swear! Give them the opportunity to see that working for you is better or at least as good as whatever alternative they have in mind. You would be amazed how much of our history is littered with X joining Y with a view to killing them, only to become their loyal soldier. With the exception of the very few who are only interested in seeing the world burn, most people don't head underground out of choice. If you let them breath in the fresh air of acceptance, they will very likely embrace whatever it is you're trying to achieve. 

Can we also try to communicate within the Streets or, if we can't do that, at least not talk solely in coffeeshops? If you can't come to the Streets yourself for whatever reason (and there are some valid ones), there is nothing to say you can't choose an individual within your family to do so on your behalf. The best times are those where dynamic events happen, i.e. a war or a takedown or a rogue, because they all involved people doing things for reasons. They might not be good reasons necessarily, but someone made a decision to do something and those are invariably the most interesting. And that, in a lifespan for most of us which can often include participating in no events of this type between joining a family and joining a funeral home, is the whole reason we are here. 

If we can do these two simple things, believe in family and communicate more, this time will be a hell of a lot more enjoyable than what has come before it. If we don't and we go back to our respective back rooms, allowing every family to be run by a small group and hiding ourselves away, it'll be really fucking dull. Who wants that?  

Report Post Tips: 26 / Total: $630,000 Tip

Donnie applauds

Well said Grin, could not agree more with you. It seems that everything else in this way of life became so meaningless that only shooting people seems like its fun and thus we see blood every other day on these streets. People need to chill the fuck out and if they want to live long quiet life maybe this thing of ours is not for them, I heard working in a bar is much safer and life expectancy is longer. 

Report Post Tip

Agreeing with most said here and shking head at one important fact left out which makes this moot

Report Post Tip
Make your vows matter and hold people, including yourself, accountable for them

This has been lacking for far too long. Really need to see people taking the oath for Made Man seriously again.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Alpha was finishing his mailing route when he spotted an acquaintance, Grin, making a passionate speech to those who were willing to spare a moment in their busy lives to stop and listen. While it hasn’t been that long since his ancestors stepped onto these shores, his family was nonetheless ravaged by the multiple shootings that had occured the past week. Alpha could still see his family being gunned down by those who were in power, not only in his sleep but every time he hears a loud noise. 

Alpha took a moment to compose himself, as shivers trembles down his spine as he recalled that dreadful day. While listening to Grin, he could only fantasize of brighter days ahead. While it was still a possibility, he knows that it will take more than one mailman to make that bright future a possibility. Alpha could only hope that the current set of leaders will give their all, not only to their trusted buttons, but also to those who are willing to give their all and die for the family.

Grin concluded his speech and Alpha snapped out of his daydream. He chuckled to himself for having so much hope. However, deep down Alpha knew - working hard for a brighter future will be the key to keep him going in this life. He’s determined to prevent the dark days from happening again and with each passing day, he believes more and more in this ‘hope’. With a slight nod to himself, he gripped his satchel tightly and made his way back to HQ. Only this time, there was a slight spring in his steps. 

Really sad that so many things happened in here lately abd hope that new leaders really learn that its important to be good with each other in near future so we not getting this shit back in long time. Its important that leaders do their job good so not members feel that they are left behind. Horray to all leaders that do their jobs greatly.

Report Post Tip

MissNiki listened to the words that were spoken by Mr.Grin-05 and she realized that he was correct. This was the time for change, to take things back to old school. When being a made man meant something. When people weren't dropping dead in the streets as they walked about for coffee. 

She read the books of her ancestors, and Omerta and respect were words that were sprinkled quite liberally through the pages. The books talked of leaders taking the time to lead, of a pecking order, and everyone had a job within a crew. Crew's worked together for the better good. People were proud to be part of their communities and would fall on the sword for their leaders. She read that people were HONORED  to receive the promotions, and that once they made the status of made man, their leaders pulled them into the circle and shared more and more information with them. 

MissNiki hoped the days of honor and integrity and family pride came back in this world. It was much needed. 

Report Post Tip

Terry had been sculping his fine phyisque in the local gymnasium in downtown Chicago. It was once owned by the national YMCA movement, but with the reputation it had garnered from fit, young, open-minded men with a penchant for short shorts, the membership of the less open-minded individual has dwindled beyond a level which was acceptable to the management.

Upon finishing his workout, Terry draped a towel over his broad, muscular shoulders and exited the gymnasium, occasionally dabbing his forehead with his damp and smelly towel. Thinking about how he needed to update his towel collection, Terry stopped at a local linen store and looked in the window. Only ugly patterned pink and brown towels. How hideous the enormous beef-cake pondered before continuing his meander down the high street.

About half a block from his home, Terry overheard a gentleman making an impassioned speech taking place and listened briefly, before thinking how he hopes this new attitude permeates through from the more privileged businessmen right the way down to the lowest echelons of our thing.

Slinging his workout bag over his back, covering up the sweat drenched shirt he was wearing to save the graces of the ladies he would encounter on the brief walk between the gym and his home, Terry continued walking home... without saying a word... wondering why he would intentionally visit a street speech and say nothing.

Report Post Tip

A great speech, sir.

Report Post Tip

Mr_Mash could see a large crowd of mobsters gathered to listen to what Grin had to say and noticed how much support and nods he was getting, Mash was late to proceedings so listened quietly at the back  to what he had to say.

Mash immediately understood why so many were listening with such intent and could not help but nod along with all Grin had to say, many points resonated with him strongly bringing back many memories of stories he was told from his father.

Mash made his way up to the front soon after Grin had finished his speech 

"excellent speech Grin, you raised many excellent points today and to the ears of many great leaders, only time will now tell how this world of ours will look in the coming months"

Mash shakes Grins hand and moves aside for the next person to speak with him.

Report Post Tip

I feel like the greenest green shoots of recovery can already been seen. We have seen more of our newer leaders than we saw of many of our old ones and some of them have even reverted to announcing their organisations arrival on the streets. These are positive steps and we will only benefit as a whole if we continue along this path. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

A little late to the party, as per but id like to really give some thought process to where I am currently. My line is no stranger to being purged and I know and understand first hand what that feels like. The linage I'm from, for most parts, understands how this world works, how it operates and the dangers that come with living such a life. Ultimately "blood lining" "purging" are all words and actions that we have come accustomed too. Rightly or wrongly that's a fact.

Its a sad state of affairs on both sides of the fence, the people doing the purges and the people being purged when the gods have to intervein and "fix" shit. I think at times people roll over too easily when we are in a phase like we have just seen, for the vast majority, people will roll over and accept their fate. A small number will endeavor to do what they can to upset that apple cart, but its never enough. Although in the defence of the people that have been purged, the lengths these people went to was quite shocking and my lineage has seen a lot over the years.

anyway, moving on; I can say that, the way my lineage has been purged that it's not an enjoyable experience, thus meaning that i have zero interest in underhand tactics to find out who people may or may not be. Nor is this something my whole family has ever done. You can ask any member of any linage that has worked under my line, not once have they ever been asked, who or what they may have been previously. And i work hard to make that known to my employees in my family. Simply put... I DONT CARE. If they have a sinister reason in joining me, then so be it. That's for me as a  CL to manage correctly.

I do think you're correct though, the question of change and "what can we change" "now is your chance"  personally I think is overdone, it's overrated. Sometimes just doing the simplest of things can change a whole perspective. Some times a please and a thank you for a donation goes a long way. I know as a Crew leader and as an employee that a thank you for such an action is very well received. 

Changing the world doesn't mean changing every foundation of how we operate because frankly, it doesn't work. We saw a PP/mug rule come in, this created a lot of controversy. again, gods stepping in to assist with how it was rolled out. It didn't last long.

we see empty cities being opened up to "competitions" these, again, always fall, mostly with ridicule and hatred for them. So my point is that just because we have a pretty much whole new set of crew leaders and acting GF's this don't mean everything should and will change dramatically. It doesn't need too. fundamentally it is the little things that we need to get back to doing and doing them well. We won't ever please everyone in this world but thats what makes us unique. 

But great speech i very much enjoyed it 

Report Post Tip

Forgo, you brilliant bastard, you took a fair bit of what I wanted to say right out of my mouth. I think the changes you and I are obligated to make are the small ones. Interactions with our own people. Interactions with others.

If they have a sinister reason in joining me, then so be it. That's for me as a  CL to manage correctly.

Folks, if you're looking for how good leadership operates, here it is. Anytime a stranger enters a crew, their crewleader is subject to risk. The risk that their intentions are not what they say, that they seek to destroy you, or seek some purpose beyond furthering your crew. Bad leaders "remedy" this risk with isolation and hostility- it's one of the reasons that bad leaders seem to be around so long. That, by keeping the stranger(s) down and in the dark, the leader can't be hurt by them.

Good leaders remedy this risk with trust and cooperation. And by interacting with them and lifting them up, both the leader and the member are better for it. And, in time, this blossoms into full, bustling HQs.

I think it's wise to approach the slate we've been given with this context. Rules and orders from the new city heads will not change the day-to-day operations of most crews. In the short time I've gotten to know some of these leaders, I'd wager this is the cohort that could raise the standards for leadership across the board without needing any discussion or decree.

Hulk had heard of an exciting conversation going on in the streets and shortly after he had announced his plans and vision for New York he made over and greeting some of his fellow leaders Javier, forgo and mr_mash who had already shared their thoughts to young mr Grin who came out with a speech about hope and change. As he waited impatiently for Forgo to speak, pfff this puny human could talk for hours it seemed, Hulk Stepped up trying not to break the soapbox which obviously creaked to dust under his weight he took a big breath and roared his views

Every leader starts out with an idea of how they will run their own operations and try to aim to stick to their honorable reputation they like to have, Yet depending on the way their operations are granted, fought for or sometimes quite simply were free to grab due to actions of the gods or crackdown by other high placed maffiosi, they are not completely free to choose. There might be restrictions to what they are allowed to do with their size of operations, the skill level of their trusted family members or even need to follow rules and expectations set by their (acting) GFC. Yet i do believe that we all start with the best of our intentions to make people feel appreciated, successful in their lives of crime and don't come to an abrupt and pre-mature end of their lives. To ensure this does not happen sometimes leaders need to make choice that cannot always be shared with their members. Yet irrespective of executive decisions by the company or family business leader, one need to make their family members and associates be known what they can expect from you. Show them who you are and how your vision is, reward them for performance for courage and simple water cooler talks!

I can only speak for myself, but i have been fortune enough to have been allowed to seize an operations without restrictions and now Evil Inc and it's subsidiaries operate in a fashion i'm very happy with and proud of. What is that vision? One can approach any of my associates or family members and they will give you, without sensitive details, the nature of my leadership and communication style.

Perhaps, Grin or someone with the same curiosity would like to interview myself and potentially some of my peers who are willing to spend time on this in some interviews? My ancestors have written about such initiatives and i feel this could be something beneficial for the understanding of leadership and the intricacies that come with it to some of our more newer arrivals?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I would like to start off with an apology before I add my 2 cents on this topic.

I owe you all an apology for being late to come to these streets.

I also should apologize to my acting GodFather who was so kind as to allow me to set up beside him. I should be a better man and speak more often about the help he has supplied me. If I have done so more often and also in years past perhaps I could help my Family gain more in this world.

My family line has been here for almost 2 decades now on and off and I have many notes left for me by my for fathers. As a group we didnt take to the streets the way we should to discuss our beliefs. We have made it out in the open a few times always trying to find the best in people and that sometimes has cost us lives. But, that shouldn't be a deterent to do the right things.

What is exactly the right things that we should care about and what can we do about it?

I have seen many up and downs in this place and certainly our share of tyrants, purgers, and cheaters to try to win at all cost. This will not end and there is nothing we can do in the long run to stop it from happening.

What we can do is be true to ourselves and to the people we bring into the Family. I am very fortunate in that in all the years I have the same blood lines asking to come into my Family. They come back knowing that when they step into the front room that everything is still going to be the same it was 15 years ago. We speak the same words in our ceremonies and in our rules. We still ask that every current member greets every new person and hands them an envelope. I know leaders do this all the time but with us its not just the leader it's every member. we do this because it works. the people coming in aren't just meeting the boss but they are meeting an entire Family that welcomes them with open arms. The other side is the same with us, if someone dies it is incumbent of all our people to make sure they visit the grave yard. Good people with good rules will always rise to the top. The tyrant comes around blows his gun and he is gone. They have no legacy and apart from a few people they manage to fool into helping them and then thinking they have accomplished something. Lets face fact any idiot with a gun here can make waves but true leadership, true respect, true men of honer are the ones that stand out and live fore ever in the hearts of people they touch here. 

You can ask any number of people who have been with my blood line our Family is not the easy road. When they sign up they know they are taking the long road. If they dont know it at sign up they figure it out quickly or leave. When they get to the higher ranks it is due to many hours of hard work because we do not automatically push our guys through just because it is time. I do not do much recruiting but what I do every day is pick a few people from the bottom line and ask them if they need help and if they are interested in this type of life. I do not recruit them, ever. Once talking to them i send them off with a couple of names that just might fit them. I believe if people see the way our Family works I won't need to go looking for people to pick up they come to me after hearing from other people what its like to be in the UN.

The names that have decided to be in the United Nations have done so knowing its uphill all the way and they wouldnt want it any other way. Many legends in this place came through my doors and many other legends have done so under good leaders here. I'd rather die knowing I was doing the right things than live knowing all i can do is shoot or cause chaos, or cheat to get ahead.

Family First 1041  It's a way of life

Once UN Always UN

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $340,000 Tip

I got a question Hulk_Smash. As you stated you were granted an operation with no restrictions. Why are you setting restrictions on other leaders?

Report Post Tip

I got a question Hulk_Smash. As you stated you were granted an operation with no restrictions. Why are you setting restrictions on other leaders?

As Hulk heard the youngster address the question, he was not sure if he understood it directly, but after some time racking his brain he decided to give an answer that he felt was addressing it

Hello there,

I presume that you are referring to the district leadership of Pasadena and Hollywood? If that is the case one would not consider these CL's as being restricted but rather granted permission in a safe setting to execute missions that the council and themselves believe in. There will be no limitations to the HQ size, number of associates, restrictions of what the CL can do with their own time. The only expectation of the council is that they will strive to spend their time fostering the missions set forth by the council. I do not see how that is reducing the capabilities of these leaders to feel proud, accomplished and well loved by the population in their hq?

Report Post Tip

Truly agree and hope that all new leaders will be great and help out and be good leaders in their crews so we dont get another sad shit happen as last time. Myself are pleased in our crew, were haivng a ball mostly and thats what counts.

Report Post Tip

Who are the council?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Opportunity for Change
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL