Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 09:09:12
Page:  1 
The Captains Final Speech Started by: th3capta1n on Feb 22, '08 01:57
th3capta1n made his way to his father's favorite street corner, walking fast, and with a purpose. He lacked the cocky swagger and grin of his father, but other than that, he was almost a spitting image. Rather than stepping on a car like his father usually did, he stood on the corner of the street, and began his speech.

My time in this world is short. If you couldn't tell already, I am the son of The Captain. I'm only here to pay my respects to all of the fallen members of The New Blood Rising, and to deliver you a message from my father. I think he knew his death was coming soon, so he wrote a note and mailed it to me. It arrived yesterday, the day that he died. The note requested me to read to you all his one final street speech. Here is that speech.

"If you're getting this message, that means The Captain's dead. He knows, its terrible. But don't cry too much, he had his time in the spotlight. That time is over now, and its time for a future great to step up, and take his place in New Orleans. The Captain had a lot of plans for that city, he hopes it ends up in good hands. Anyway that's enough about the future. The Captain doesn't really care, as he obviously won't be a part of it.

On to The Captain. He is...and as of now, was a great man. He will forever be a great man. Better than all of you to be honest. To quote...somebody...he's the best there is...the best there was...and the best there ever...will...be. Period. He is so manly, that he's surpassed manliness, and went straight to Godliness. True story.

Anyway that isn't the point. The Captain would like to thank all of his family. Those who may have died, and those who may have survived. He knows you fought for him either way, and for that he loves you all. You were the best family The Captain coulda asked for...and he didn't ask for ya, you asked for him.

Back to The Captain though. It was probably good that he died anyway. He outshined all of you in every way, shape, and form. Popularity, prettiness, power, and...well...penis. Its pretty big. Not to mention charisma. They don't call The Captain, "Captain Charisma" for nothin'. When The Captain talks, people listen. Its as simple as that. Even in death, he still reaches out and touches your hearts.

The Captain is, and forever will be in the hearts of the people. Death don't change a damn thing. Whether you love The Captain...or love to hate him...ya still love him...especially the ladies. Just remember this fans...The Captain can never truly die...even when he's gone, you all still wanna be just like him. That's how The Captain rolls."

th3capta1n folds up the note, and puts it in his jacket pocket.

These are my father's final words. Now its time for me to take my leave from this world as well. The Domi bloodline needs to...reORGinize its priorities. Don't think this is the last of us though. We'll be back, when you least expect it, and we'll rock your world again. I leave you with one final thing that my father asked me to do, in his note...

th3capta1n puts on his best Captain face, and jumps on somebody's car, looking around at the audience. with the same trademark smirk, and wink.

The Captain being killed shows one thing...that somebody paid enough attention to him that they decided it was time for him to go. In The Captain's eyes, that means he did somethin' right. Whether it was good, or whether it was bad, The Captain was talked about, and that's all that matters. Its better to be noticed for somethin' bad than to not be noticed at all.

th3capta1n kisses his fingers, and points to the crowd.

This was for The Captain's Peeps...if ya don't know...now ya know.
Report Post Tip
Sir, I loved your father very much. Our bloodlines have gone back all the way to McTavish and Alfieri. However I feel part of this speech wasn't quite right. TheCaptain was a great man, but not godly. I expected a much better choice of words. TheCaptain yes will always be remembered with those whom carry him in their hearts. I wish your family the best and I'm sorry to see your father gone.
Report Post Tip
I would like to thank your family for showing such commitment to our world.

Waaa waaa waaa, my daddy died now I'm leaving, the saddest part is the predictability of it.

Get gone already.
Report Post Tip
What a Stunning thing, Once again our friendly diarrhea mouth is back among us..

So what, The Captains lines taking a break, at least The Captain had one hell of a run and will be missed. Are you gonna live past 48 hours J? or are you gonna have your son take up your fight as every one of your parents have, don't go piss happy about some one who was Very well respected, even of his manner of speech was a bit odd, as a man he stepped into our world, the first of his line in a LONG time, rose threw the ranks to become a CL, a Capo and a very Charismatic man... Can you say the same?
Report Post Tip
Captain, you had your fans and you had your haters. I count myself among the first group. You carried yourself with the kind of confidence and charisma that every leader should. For all of your critics, the thing that stands out to me is that I have never heard a single one of your ex-members, or their family, speak ill of you.

Enjoy your retirement. You deserve a rest, man :)
Report Post Tip
Johnny3Tears,

Saying someone was good but not godly inside the streets during there last post in the game or for at least this period of time is not respectful at all no matter how much you say oh well you were a good guy and all. Disrespecting someone's last speech like that isn't looked at greatly around here.

But on a lighter note, Cap'n I loved being in your crew and being under your command sir, you were definetly one of a kind good sir :)

You see the man salute the man on the soap box and walk away
Report Post Tip
Smiles at the man before watching the casket drive down the street..

It is sad to see you go, but I understand that sometimes you must leave it all behind and start fresh - for sometimes it really is the only way out (Death).

I will see you on the other side friend and good luck in your dreams

Pours out a little liquor and mixes the liquor with his coffee and takes a sip and walks away
Report Post Tip
TheCaptain was, and always will be a God.

Thank you
Report Post Tip
TheCaptain was a once in a life time unique experience and I am proud to say that I was there when it happened.

TheCaptain made an impact, got noticed, and lived the life on his terms.

Shame he went out on someone else's terms.

Rest Well you Salty Seaman.
Report Post Tip
Johnny3Tears, pay no attention to Navy. He doesn't know what in the hell he is talking about. No one around here is going to look unkindly upon you for having the audacity to disagree that someone is god-like. I don't think anyone here is god-like, either. I guess everyone is going to frown on me, too.

Son of Captain, have a good vacation. Your father had some potential. The thing with leaders who are the first in their bloodline to take the helm of a family is that they are bound to make mistakes. I hope you can reflect on his leadership and consider the things he might have done differently. Some decisions he made were intended to protect his family, but ended up hurting it. You're a smart man, I'm sure you can learn from this experience. We hope to see your kin around some day.
Report Post Tip
everyone deserves a break after a while.. goodluck.
Report Post Tip
Your father had some potential. The thing with leaders who are the first in their bloodline to take the helm of a family is that they are bound to make mistakes.

Reply by: FlyingPig at Feb 22, '08 09:19

---

The funny thing here, is that what TheCaptain was accused of (letting his crew kill people with no repercussions, etc) were bold face lies.

I know, I was in his crew, and if you broke the rules, you were dead. Period. All of the accusations made against TheCaptain were false, and were pathetic excuses for killing him, when the TRUTH of why he was killed, was so that a certain group could remove any possible roadbump on their path to total domination.

Which is totally understandable, take out anyone who could be, is, or may eventually be a threat to you, that is the way the game is played.

HOWEVER, Indicating that TheCaptain allowed his crew to run rampant, etc, is a complete LIE, and was given as the reason for the attack.

Honor and truth are such rare commodities.
Report Post Tip
Well, my friend seems you've surpassed yourself and every CL that has ever been a CL in this world. Your awesome, manly self did a great job. Our bloodlines have made it through thick and thin. If not in this world, then in the next we will meet again. Love you man.
Report Post Tip
Johnny grabs his head in pain.

ForQue that may have been the stupidest response yet.

Why do you think he did? People don't die for no reason. There were plenty of mistakes to lead to his death.

I TOO was in his crew and it was poorly lead in some ways. So maybe get your facts straight before beating down a person's response who knows what they are talking about.

Lights a cigarette and walks away confused.

What audacity!
Report Post Tip
Johnny3tears, what's the point in coming out here to try and tarnish TheCaptains name? His son came here to make a goodbye speech. Let it die.

No leader is perfect. Many people envy a leaders position, and will do anything to take that away from them. People will exaggerate and manipulate others to make them believe things, whether there is some truth to it or not. Sometimes there is complete truth to the accusation, most of the times it's mixed with lies and deceit. This IS the mafia though.

By you coming out here and trying to prove that TheCaptain was flawed in many ways is utterly disrespectful. Especially when the poor man is gone. If you say you were in his family, then you should know good and well that he did punish people.

Yes, TheCaptain admitted to not punishing as harshly as he could've. He still punished though, and he toughened up on it a lot. That was not a secret.

You come out here and say that someone response to defending TheCaptains honor is stupid? You've got to be fucking kidding me? Shows what a "good" mafioso you are. Way show your loyalty to someone who was "once" in your family. More importantly, way to pay your last respects to someone who you once served under and took an oath not to betray.
Report Post Tip
He wasn't on alot in the daylight hours for most Americans. That really pissed me off. (Fucking Vampire) But, other than that, he was a good CrewLeader. The day right before he died however, in the coffeeshops, he told me he didn't have much more time left in this lifetime. So, he knew something was wrong.

I dunno.
Report Post Tip
Ariel, I am not trying to tarnish TheCaptain at all. He was a good crew leader. I liked his morales and how he chose to run things in SOME ways.

I have witnessed ways that he should have handled differently. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I simply think a better choice of word's would have been better. Claiming to be a god though is far from the right word. No one in this world has been godly. We already have god's.

TheCaptain was a great man and a good leader, but never godly. Some may think I tried to tarnish TheCaptains name. I didn't mean for it to seem that way.
Report Post Tip
Get the fuck off it already, That was TheCaptains personality as we all know. He was full of himself, and wouldn't let anyone think otherwise. He let everyone know how highly he though of himself, as he surely had the right to.

In your last response you say that TheCaptain died for a good reason, because he didn't punish his people. Then you call ForQue "stupid" for defending TheCaptain.

Now, you come out here saying "oh....noo....TheCaptain was a great leader...uhhh...yeahhh"

Get your head out of your ass, and take it elsewhere, no one wants to hear your pathetic drivel anymore.

G'day.
Report Post Tip
TorQue, as much as you may wish to believe that a group of crewleaders sat around in a discussion trying to conjure up a reason to kill TheCaptain, and him being without fault, had to make up one out of thin air, that just isn't the case.

To say that you knew what everything going on under TheCaptain because you were in his crew is lol-worthy to the tenth degree. Even the Boss might not know everything that occurs under his roof.

Let me put your questions to rest by ASSURING you that it was, in fact, the case that on several occasions members of NBR shot new immigrants with no repercussions. For fucks sake, there is even an admission of guilt from one of them that he had his gun taken away...TWICE! For the record, having a gun taken is not a punishment. You can get it back in five hours, usually before the next inactive bum rolls around.

Other than this ADMISSION OF GUILT, I personally witnessed another member, in a high position in the family, shoot a new immigrant. When questioned about it, TheCaptain replied that the new immigrant mugged the shooter. After further investigation, a tattoo saying "Mug Me" was seen on the shooter's arm.

Can you work out in your mind the contrary nature of his explanaton? Do I need to go any further with that one? No? Good.

So, as I was saying, TheCaptain made some mistakes in trying to protect his family, and those efforts ended up actually costing him his family. As I was saying, it is something that his kin could learn from. Accept it and move on, because the evidence is there for all to see and the truth is irrefutable.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Captains Final Speech
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL