Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:22:04
Page:  1 
A Philly Reborn Started by: Javier on Feb 24, '20 04:17

From the balcony- yes, balcony- of his spacious HQ office, Javier looked out over his city. A peaceful calm had fallen over the city that hadn't been felt in a long time. The fog-like feeling of unease had passed. People were going about their business, fueled by opportunity and optimism. It was infectious. It was in that moment he began penning an abbreviated tale of his trip from a Chicago associate to running one of the best cities in the country.

It was only the week before last, yet it felt like a lifetime ago. So much has changed in such a short time that it feels like no words could do it justice. Three mobsters whose resources, both tangible and intangible, far exceeded my own were selected to join me in Philadelphia as part of an "experiment city." The four of us took to it like business partners, designating roles and planning for the future.

I was an outspoken critic of some of the regime's controversial techniques, so I feared what would become of the fledgling Philadelphia. A short time later the Godfather who authorized our HQs, Whoreable, was struck down. In just a few days' time, our senior-most partner Chaos was murdered. It was assumed by the three of us who remained that he was deemed too dangerous by the regime to be kept alive. Our city would now be under siege and we'd never know what happened. Or why.

I moved to Bella Vista to take Chaos's place, but it wasn't more than a few days later that James_T_Kirk met the same fate. His death ignited a feud within the regime that boiled over into a brief-but-costly war. RichardWad and I rarely knew what was coming next, if either of us would survive the following day or two. Our two partners were murdered right before our eyes. It didn't feel like Philly was our city, but that we were trespassers in someone else's domain.

But then, the fear was lifted. Those who decimated our city were themselves destroyed. In the aftermath, we were contacted by other city heads to discuss what would come next, and we gladly joined in. Conversations were had about protecting people instead of purging them. Granting opportunities instead of limiting them. Crewleaders were authorized, cities were claimed.

I moved once more, this time to the Old City District. My crew had filled up dramatically in the hours that followed, and Richard and I authorized James_T_Kirk's RHM TurboCharged to take my place in Bella Vista. A city no longer under siege, free to grow as quickly as our HQs could allow, Philly was bustling with life.

Philadelphia has endured too many hardships- and lost too many good people- to simply turn around and reinstate the same practices which bore those hardships upon us. The city belongs to us now and will never endure it again. We will be no strangers to these Streets, so you can expect to hear more from us in the weeks to come.

Writing the last few paragraphs of his note brought a smile to Javier's face. He had copies of the note printed and distributed to popular hot spots in the seven cities for his fellow mobsters to read Philly's story. He wanted each person who read it to know what they could expect from him and his partners as city leaders, crew leaders, and mafiosi.

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $450,000 Tip

The crowds roar knowing the same old shit different day

Report Post Tip

Grin-05 grimaced as he pulled out the last piece of glass from his bloody hand. He would have liked to have said he acquired the cuts in the pursuit of thuggery for his boss, but alas, this was a DYI fail from an overzealous lean on a glass table. It hardly had the deadly consequences sometimes associated with his work, although from the frown on his wife's face, perhaps he wouldn't see out the evening. 

With a sigh, he set aside the tweezers and fished in his pocket for a handkerchief. He pulled out a folded note by mistake and dabbed away with it, before realising what it was. "Shit, shit shit!" He yelled, quickly pulling it away and shaking it out before too much of his blood blotted through the words. 

He read the note and smiled, forgetting his bleeding hand entirely. His father's killer/boss seemed to be taking the right path and he was pleased to see it. Philly seemed like it was in good hands. Unfortunately, further tutting from the kitchen brought him back to the predicament of his own hands and the poorly-staunched wound bleeding all over the rug. "Ah, shit."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

After reading Javiers memo he just could agree to most of his words and he really really hoped that now Philly could built up and having a great time during this and making sure to not get in the wrong turn like many in Philly sadly had done lately. He had great hope that they now in Philly would do their best to make Philly a wonderful city again. he had hope for this and after visiting this place he were in good mood knowing that those in Philly is the right one to make it flower again.

Report Post Tip

She was sitting in the coffee shop sipping some black coffee, when she looked down and saw a flyer laying on the table next to her. She walked over and picked it up. As she began reading it, she smiled, because MissNiki didn't know Javier personally, but, she had heard of him, and saw some strong leadership going on in Philly. She looked forward to seeing Philadelphia grow into a profitable city, where she could go over and rob banks and and do jobs whenever she needed.

She made a note to herself to send a telegraph to Javier and offer her congratulations.

Report Post Tip

BudKnight raised his sword and cheered in honor of his not only his great King, but his honorable Crew Leader Javier. The man had just took the time to pen a letter to any who would read in order to share some thoughts and information in regards to the great Kingdom of Philadelphia. It had been some time since Bud or his ancestors had seen such a well written and honorable man. Although he was sworn to serve KingRevan, he would surely put his life on the line for this man as well. 

He decided to add his two cents to those who were around him reading the same information from Javier...

"I am quite glad to have entered into the service of these men here in Philadelphia. Two great and honorable men are at the head of the Medellin crew in Philly. Javier and KingRevan. Although one may be well spoken, honorable, and respectable....while the other is well spoken, a bit insane, and always ready to use the guillotine....they are both people I am glad to serve under. I'll leave it up to you all which one was which." He smiled underneath his armor.

"While I do not know much of TurboCharged or RichardWad, I have heard good things. Whether from those I confide in or from ancestors journals. I think that the Kingdom of Philadelphia has promising times ahead with these men leading us." With that he folded the paper and put it in a secret compartment in his armor.

It was time for BudKnight to go prepare his gear and supplies for any quest or adventure that may come his way...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Mayhem read over Javier's words while sipping on her coffee, taking a break from planning her day ahead. She looked around and breathed in deep with a smile on her face. She too has noticed the city bustling with life with many opportunities arising. Young thugs and gangsters coming through, giving life to the city again. She folds the paper and slides it into her diary.

Report Post Tip

Voss had just grabbed a note off of a stack of them at Paulie's, a local fence in Old City District. The man had just shorted him a good dollar on the last necklace that Reagan had slipped off the neck of a blue hair this morning. He'd deal with Paulie getting too big for his britches later because the note distributed out by his crew leader had stolen the rest of the goomba's attention. 

"Javier 's a straight shooter, ain't he?" Voss smacked Paulie's shoulder hard and began to laugh as his other hand searched for a cigar he had tucked into his suit jacket. Voss bit down on the stoagie as he went back to reading over the rest of the note from Javier. Voss and Reagan had both been drawn to Philadelphia, and each day spent in the city of brotherly love was just more validation for their decision. 

A strike of the match, four puffs, and one cough later, Voss was filling Paulie's little shop with hints of chocolate and oak. Paulie hated cigar smoke, but he was a good foot shorter than Voss, so he figured it wasn't his call.

"Paulie, you keep at it here in this shop and one day you might get to work for a man like Javier. I haven't known him for long, but it's not hard to tell he's deservin' of all he's gettin' here." Voss blew a large cloud into Paulie's face, ashed his cigar on the counter, then turned for the door. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $32,719 Tip

Alpha, carrying nothing but a few sets of fresh clothes in his brown and weathered but trusty satchel, was paying a visit to neighboring Philly. He has been busting his butts off the last few days, delivering protection orders back in Los Angeles and was rewarded with a few days off from work. 

He could not believe how beautiful the city is, albeit some homes are in the process of being rebuilt after the calamitous attacks that struck these shores last week. He aimlessly wandered the streets, with nothing specific in mind but just wanting to enjoy his time and experience how life is in this city. He caught a whiff of strawberry pie and followed the scent, which eventually led him to a small but cozy cafe, tucked in nicely in between a grocery store and a tailor. It wasn't spacious, but there was enough room for you to have your own space and enjoy the sights of the locals going about their day. He ordered a slice of strawberry pie and a cup of strong coffee and then proceeded to take a seat overlooking the street. Alpha noticed a flyer being left on the table and promptly read it, only realizing that it was a message from one of Philly's leaders - Javier. 

As Alpha finished reading the article, he began to understand the severity of the troubles that all cities had faced. Philly had their own fair share of troubles, but like LA, all clouds of uncertainties were lifted when the ruling leaders were struck down. Alpha could not help but smile. Everyone seems to be in a happier place, and Alpha knew that better days are coming. 

The waitress placed a generous slice of pie and Alpha was instantly attracted to the aroma that the coffee was emanating. Not wanting to be distracted by the sumptuous snack that he had rewarded himself, Alpha took out a piece of parchment and his trusted pen, which was handed down to him from his father, and began penning down his thoughts. 

Dear Javier,

I am nothing more but a passing stranger, but after reading your thoughts on a flyer that I found, I can only hope that you stay true to your words. The city seems to be in good hands and I wish to visit this city again in the near future. I am sure by then, it will be much more beautiful and bustling with life. All of us had endured a prolonged period of heavy thunderstorms, but I strongly believe that this is our time to enjoy the sunshine.

Congratulations on having the opportunity to make Philly a better place not only for the families that reside here, but also for everyone that passes through. I wish you, and all the leaders of Philly, the best of luck. 

Best,

Alpha.

Alpha re-read what he wrote and was satisfied with it. He finished his pie quickly but took his time with the coffee. He then gathered his belongings and left the cafe, asking around the locals where he can find the closest post office to mail his genuine thoughts to Javier.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Philly Reborn
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL