Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 12:50:14
Page:  1 
Unwillingness to help.... Started by: Platinum on Feb 22, '08 19:06
As i stroll through the many different places of business within the mafia world, i notice one thing. That there is a remarkable lack of replies to the help requested by many young mafioso, I needed help not too long ago, so i went to seek help from the leaders and more experienced of you all and who helped me? Nobody...

I think it is a disgrace that most people who so obviously hold the answers to the so many questions asked by our fellow soldiers in the life of crime, do not help. Laziness? Maybe, or are they just so fucking self centered that they refuse to help the new kids on the block?

CL's offer guidance, and help us when were new i know, but some things they just dont want to be bothered with, and by a public notice stating how to do things, other people can read it and refrain from mailing their boss 117million times asking how to buy a bodyguard.

You may say yes, why don't i go in there and answer all the questions if im such a clever dick, but i am not. So the point of this speech is to ask you all, please to help us youngsters!

What do you say?
Report Post Tip
It could also be that you all ask the same questions, those ones that can be answered by reading the bible...

I know that i've gone through new guy after new guy asking me the same question... I tell him where to look and then he asks another question that can be answered by the same place he was just at...

Maybe your case is different but i am certain that the majority of cases falls under the prediscribed scenario.
Report Post Tip
There is help to found by reading the Mafia Bible.

There is help to be found on Help Avenue.

There is help to be found by taking the time to listen to the various speeches made on the streets.

There is help to be found by taking the initiative to get to know others that live around you.

So, I'm not really sure where you're coming from, unless you are looking for a handout or some sort of special attention. Whenever I've had a question, I've usually had no trouble finding an answer by just putting a bit of effort into finding out what I needed to know...on my own. All it takes is some initiative.
Report Post Tip
No, no handout, no special attention, but i know im not the only one around here who would like to be answered when requested for help, and its people like yourself who make it hard, why not give a simple answer to a wuestion you know the answer to?

Look through the forums? also, i tried asking people to help me with my particular issue, and know one did, i tried the bible and it did not help. so i took the streets, what else is there to do?
Report Post Tip
Mathilda walks over to the conversation with a plant under her arm. She listens carefully then adds her own thoughts on the subject.

"I think Platinum's appearance here came out of frustration and I can understand that. Not everyone is well versed in how things around here are - especially when you're fresh off the boat.

"I know sometimes there's so much to take in and it can be hard to find the answers you need. But hopefully the situation is resolved now."
Report Post Tip
If the problem truly is that nobody will respond to you, then yes, that could be a problem.

If it's that you didn't take the initiative to search out others for help or take the time to read the Bible or listen to the speeches, then I'd say that's on you.

So, if the case is the first one, feel free to look me up. I'll never turn away a respectful mafioso if they are need of advice or help.
Report Post Tip
Ok, then i must of just contacted the wrong people,

I did not get replies to my problem in Mail or in the Help forum.

And my problem (Which is specified in the forum) is not in the bible.

Thanks.

But also, i wrote this thread not just to get answers for myself, but to try to encourage other guys out there to all chip in, in the help forum and help someone whos just starting out,

I think it needs to be done, people need help.
Report Post Tip
Again, and this is the last time I'll say this, I believe that if you need help you need to take the initiative and not expect others to cater to you. If you don't get an answer in one place, try somewhere else.

Many people are busy around here (insert other reasons as well), and frankly, to lump a "majority" of people into a group of "non-helpers" is not only untrue, but it shows a lack of respect as well as patience.
Report Post Tip
And there's always HelpDesk.
Report Post Tip
Yeh well i asked a few and none of them helped, so yeh im labelling alot of people around here unhelpers.

So thats that.
Report Post Tip
Ask and you shall recieve my limitless guidance grasshopper.

But I warn you...if I am asked three really simple question sin a row...ie: meaning something that can easily be found in the rules I will grow impatient and weary.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Unwillingness to help....
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL