Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:18:40
Page:  1 
Regarding yesterdays events Started by: McDermott on Mar 01, '11 22:06

Walking out of the local speak easy in Chicago McDermott could smell the blood in the air. Looking around through the rain he could see the blood diluted by water running off the end of gun barrels that were once pointed at enemies from the city of Las Vegas.

Tonight was a very unfortunate night for every city. Although some lost more than other's I believe I can speak for everyone when I say this is one of the darkest days La Cosa Nostra has seen in a long while.

Closing his eyes McDermott flashes back to just twelve hours before. He remembers drinking coffee at the local diner with a few good friends during the mid day thunderstorm in Detroit. He remembers just finishing his coffee when Godfather Cherokee burst through the door. Quickly rushing over to McDermott he sat down.

"They're dead, they shot them all." Cherokee said in between heavy breathes. Telling Cherokee to take a breath McDermott handed the waitress money for his coffee and extra to excuse herself from the gentlemens presence.

"Who killed who?" McDermott replied.

"Las Vegas, they shot Cassiopiea and Killer_Jane. Just before getting here TonyCorelli fired at me. I need your help, please." After hearing the news I remember taking a breath and quickly finding myself to the phone. Calling all of the upper structure of Detroit I informed them of the immediate call to war. Soon after I received a call from the underboss of Chicago, Premier.

"I'm glad you called, I've got news..." Before I could finish I remember Premeir cutting me off.

"Las Vegas has moved on St. Louis. Chicago will be aiding St. Louis, where do you stand?" In a stern voice I suddenly felt the storm grow stronger. Quickly I replied....

"Get everyone spread out and find everyone. Let's do this quick and clean."

Opening my eyes I look around to see a few gatherers from all eight cities.

Those who died are known, those who have setup as successors are also known. However the only reasons for this war from what our intel found were the following....

Taking out a piece of paper and reading off the listed items the paper slowly dissolved in his hands.

TonyCorelli explained he was warring Cherokee for past events involving Godfather Joey_Cesari, and the emotions his underbosses found towards St. Louis. Although he said that the city would be nice to have it wasn't at the top of his list.

Wiping his hands off with a rag from his jacket McDermott looks around. He thinks back to those who died and lost family members and friends.

space_pole, although a leader in New York, was a rogue also. He decided to go against Godfather Whatsername's wishes. He chose to get involved in the war and could have risked all of New York and as soon as possible was removed from the picture.

For the most part, those who were around saw what the war lead to. Death, and unfortunately it was backed by poor reason.

Turning around a few notable mafiosi step out into the Chicago storm. Ricketts, Roman, Whatsername, Egwene, Premeir, amongst others emerged into the streets.

Thanks to these men and women through a combined effort of Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, New York and Saint Louis we were able to end the threat from Las Vegas as well as space_pole.

Shaking the gentlemens hands McDermott smiles and calls forth Ricketts.

I'm sorry that you lost so many close family members and friends. I believe my heart as well as all those around you go out to you and your city. From what every city leader has shown through this war it would appear you're now destined to rebuild Saint Louis. Although you start from rumble, I believe from the efforts shown you have many friends at this moment.

Looking at the crowd McDermott pulls open an umbrella over himself.

Unfortunately I cannot speak every detail for every city, but this is where we all stood. We stood together against a threat that didn't necessarily start out at our doorsteps but it came quickly. I bid you all a good day.

Turning to the mafiosi surrounding him he shakes each of their hands individually, thanking them for their efforts and understanding.

Report Post Tip

Waiting for Mcdermott to finish he steps forward

This is a sad day for all, we have lost a lot of good people today for a lot of bad reasons. I am a firm believer in standing up for what is right. Attacking a city for no reason is not right.

Las Vegas had no valid reason for what they did, and they made the bed now they all lie in it.

My only regret is that Chicago could have done more to stop the amount of bloodshed, sadly we were a little to late.

Report Post Tip

"through a combined effort of Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, New York and Saint Louis we were able to end the threat from Las Vegas as well as space_pole." Lmao, that shits hilarious. 

Report Post Tip

Ricketts shakes Godfather McDermott's hand and nods as he talks.

"Yes indeed, Saint Louis and the other cities lost a great deal of good people. It is strange to think that just over 24 hours ago Saint Louis was a vibrant city full of friends of ours, and then for it all to have been taken away by people without even a valid cause. It's a great testament to this thing of ours when so many people rallied together for the defence of this fine city, and I promise to pay you all back by restoring Saint Louis to its former glory."

Ricketts turns to Premeir, listening to what he has to say.

"Yes indeed, we lost a hell of a lot of good people. Hell, Las Vegas and space_pole even got so desperate to just shoot blindly they were attacking people who weren't even involved."

Ricketts then turns to address the rest - Roman, Whatsername, Egwene and the others.

"I have to thank you all, without you Saint Louis would be nothing but rubble. I am glad that Las Vegas did not succeed in their attempt to wipe Saint Louis out entirely, but also very sad that so many good men and women died."

Report Post Tip

Upon seeing McDermott exit the local speakeasy, Panda decides to step closer to hear what he has to say. Listening intently to both McDermott and -Premier, he notices that they both make good points. As he begins to comment on this fact, he notices that a thug that was apparently hiding in the crowd has decided to speak up first. Noticing that said thug has apparently caught a case of OOCitis, he decides to go ahead.

"I would like to thank you both for giving the community a tangible reason as to why the families of Saint Louis have fallen. It is true that many cities lost members yesterday, but none greater than Saint Louis. However, as lives are lost, more people stand up to follow in their image. I believe congratulations are in order for each and every new crew leader of our fine cities. To those that have fallen, may you rest in peace. To those that have been given their shot, I wish you luck in the future."

With that, Panda tips his hat to the two fine gentleman and walks away, hoping to find somewhere blood has not been spilled.

Report Post Tip

Let me just dispel something straight away. I have read my fathers journals over and over, and one thing is made abundantly clear throughout them.

Taurus and TonyCorelli ran a family. There was no leader to make every decision. Decisions were made by the FAMILY. Now I know some of you all might not understand what is meant by this term. But I will try and explain it a little. Every crew member within the Corelli Organisation had to work their butts off to become a Made Man within that FAMILY. There was a no tolerance in place when it came to fucking up, unless someone was made within the family and then a deal for their lives would be looked for. Tell me anyone who would not go that extra mile for their brother or sister. When they got voted in by the rest of the family, and only then, would they achieve their place beside the other family members.

These family members would then sit deal with EVERY situation as a family. There was no family head barking orders or telling people what to do. Yes there were a set of rules but these rules were rules that were instilled over many generations, rules that any old school mafioso should be aware of. But the day to day decisions were discussed and debated and decisions were made by the FAMILY as a whole.

Nobody LEAD the family into suicide. Each and every one of them followed each other into death because of what THEY believed. You can say what you want about them, but they werent pussies and cowards. They willingly sacrificed themselves for something they all believed in.

As far as Taurus was concerned, or TonyCorelli was concerned, war was NOT the first and only thing on their minds. You can take that from me. But a LOT of the family members wanted to remove Cherokee from his throne and as day by day passed by, this became more apparent. To a level eventually that some of those family were going to try by themselves anyhow. Now rather than kill those family members (and believe me there was a lot of them) what choice did Tony and Taurus have. If those family members had acted alone, who would believe them that the rest of Las Vegas didnt know what was going on? Nobody in my opinion.

So a decision was made as a family to act as a family. They knew that they would get backlash from chi/det/ny/ whoever. But thats just how they rolled. They acted as a single FAMILY unit, not someone sitting on top telling them what to do or what not to do.

I will speak no more on this subject. Thank you for your time ladies and gentlemen.
Tain

Report Post Tip

If Las Vegas was so mad about Joey being killed, why did they not kill cheroke the moment he took out joey?

Report Post Tip

It also sounds like las vegas had the case of to many chiefs and not enough indians

Report Post Tip

Sorry Premier, like I said above, thats the last I want to speak on the subject. If you want to come and speak to me privately about the matter, ill be happy to oblige.

Report Post Tip

Not only do Premier's questions still stand for me as well, but did you hear yourself?

So a decision was made as a family to act as a family. They knew that they would get backlash from chi/det/ny/ whoever. But thats just how they rolled. They acted as a single FAMILY unit, not someone sitting on top telling them what to do or what not to do.

TonyCorelli and his whole other ten family members that you speak of knew that five cities would come crashing down on his head yet he found that perfectly plausible over a month, month and a half later? Right.

Shaking his head McDermott walks off snickering to himself.

Chiefs and Indians? Seems more like Indians playing chief.

Report Post Tip

Even I know that sounded ridiculous, Tain.

Report Post Tip

BananaBender stepos forward into the crowd and begins to speak

That night as a terrible night every city suffered loss, it was a shock and was saddned by all the death. all caused by past. however war breaks out and we have to deal with it the best we can even though we mourn the loss of our fallen comrades.

BananaBender bows his head and walks back into the shadows from wence he came

Report Post Tip

A young man walks into the streets holding a small torn notebook. As he opens to the last page it is obvious that the page is covered in blood.

My father left me this notebook. I have read it over and over, never skipped a word. My father was a Hand in Las Vegas, I have yet to find a single page in his journal about any prior planning of an attack. I welcome anyone to read it over, nothing was said to him. Not a word...

The young man drops the notebook on the ground and walks away shaking his head.

Report Post Tip

Striding on to the streets, Shedao listens to all that is said. He remembers what his father told him on that fateful day.

Speaking as one who lost a parent in the opening stages of the conflict, it is always nice to see family members alive when the dust settles. A lot of good men and women died on both sides of the conflict, who here can say that the family members of Vegas were friendless? A bad decision was made and many died. The price has been paid, as usual, with too much blood. But then, isn't that the way with this thing of ours?

It goes unsaid that I would much rather my father be alive, than have to visit him in the funeral home, but that can't be changed. My father told me that Godfather Corelli did a lot for the city of Las Vegas. I heard that he brought much activity and revenue into his city, making it an oft visited place. I think I would rather remember the man for what he accomplished before the order was given that extinguished the lives of my father and his friends.

I would like to extend my deepest appreciation towards the cities of Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans and New York for all that they did. Without their help many more of my fathers friends would not be alive now.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Regarding yesterdays events
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL