Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 16:59:37
Page:  1 
Dick's Hard Files: "Within A Sanctum" Started by: RichardWad on Mar 03, '20 12:41
It's been some time since Dick has made an appearance among streets filled with hard working civilians, and criminal enterprise. Recent past showed to be extremely taxing on Goombas and Crew Leaders alike. Seemed like everyday there was another blood soaked sidewalk, although maybe different sidewalks in different cities, the scenes resembled the same imagery. Dead Capos, once powerful Mobsters within a Family structure riddled with bullets lay motionless, for days innocent bystanders refusing to populate the paths they laid upon as they remained in their dwellings to protect themselves and the ones they loved. As the smoke has cleared, the smell of gunpowder has subsided, people now begin to open their fruit stand back up. Paperboys can be heard again ranting and raving about the front page news in an attempt to make a few cents here and there. Feeling safe to step onto his podium, Dick emerges from his famous bakery with a slight limp in his step and walks up on his wooden soapbox.

"Good Afternoon. Before I get started I would like to say rest in piece to all of the Fallen as of late. Would also like to wish those who lost their Families but managed to find a new outfit willing to employ them the best of luck. Stepping into a unfamiliar Headquarters can be hard, but keep working, keep grinding, and you will eventually feel at home."

"I'm announcing a new Topic of discussion that I'm going to make into a routine. I'm calling these speeches "Dick's Hard Files". Every week I'm going to hold a vote of a topic of discussion, and I will discuss openly. At the end of each speech I will leave the floor open for everyone else who would like to share their opinions and thoughts on the subject being discussed. I think it's a good source for those new to the way of life to maybe soak a bit of knowledge. Although the main reason I'd like to do this is to really grasp a sense of how the community feels on certain topics. If nothing more, I'll do the speeches to satisfy my own curiosity."

"The first topic is something that I have recently addressed within my own headquarters with my Family. For some time now I have been questioning why being a Made Mafioso has lost a sense of accomplishment. The loss of importance and meaning becoming a Made Mafioso has endured has been noticeable. Then again I may have been raised in an old school manner, and really I just chalked it up to me not getting along with the times. Not voiding my ancestors journals just to adapt to how things are done differently due to changes throughout time. The thought of making a personal change was put on hold with council member Javier made his briefing in the street about the past and the foreseeable future. Within it, an agreement made within the chambers of council was brought to light. Trying to reestablish not only the importance of being Made, but holding those that have been blessed to be given the title, to accountability that is rarely seen anymore."

"Being Made in a Family isn't suppose to be just a 'nother day 'nother dollar event. It means your Family leadership trust you, embraces you, has successfully given you the means to succeed, and no longer views you as just an earner. You are a true member of something far more special then any routine employment. It takes a rare breed of person to achieve what you have when given the chance to become a true Mafioso. If everyone could sling a gun, extort local food marts and politicians then there would be no nine to five employers. Why would their be? After all you work the hours that you want to work, you are feared by those you pass on the streets, you have money, respect, and any lady, man, he/she you want. You have protection that is far greater then any insurance company, and you know the best part? No state or federal taxes, just those that you kick up to your boss. You know what makes paying taxes to your boss far more superior then paying state and federal? It benefits you and the ones you grind with. You know it's going to something beneficial and not paying for Mayor Fuck Stick's personal driveway renovation."

"Made means you ride of die with who you have been taken in by. It means you practice Omerta, it means you Family trumps all personal ties that you have on the side. True Omerta. Made to me? Means if your CL falls, you fall with them, means if you want to leave your Family to maybe join another, you leave either in a casket, or back to scrubbing floors as a gangster with having to prove your worth again. SO for me to see this implementation within the community is something I am excited to hear. Maybe I was raised by a Man who couldn't break old tradition and ways. Maybe I'm being a tad bit too harsh, but that's why I selected it as my first topic of discussion for my Hard Files."

"Mind you this is my opinion, there is nothing you can say, outside of being completely disrespectful, that will can be used against you. This is not only a means of me to get others opinions but also to Tailor my ways of handling matters as well. Even the oldest, baddest son of a bitches can learn something, if not, we'd live forever."

"So please, I would love to hear some opinions on the topic. Do you agree Made has lost it's integrity? How do you feel about the leaning toward addressing the importance of being Made and what do you think caused it to be less of an achievement that was so highly coveted."
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dick's Hard Files: "Within A Sanctum"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL