Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 07:34:10
Page:  1 
Take Me for What I am Started by: YouPieceOfShit on Feb 23, '08 02:02
YouPieceOfShit walks to the streets towards the city square. He sits down on a bench and lights a cigar. He takes a puff and breathes out. He yells out to the pedestrians.

What the hell do you think of me?

He stops as he realizes people are pausing and wondering what the hell he is talking about.

YOU heard me. What exactly do you think of me? As you may or may not know, I have come from a wonderful bloodline, if I do say so myself. This is not why I am talking to you today. In the past month that I have roamed these shores, there has been sort of an uproar against my name.

YPOS takes some of the cigar in and continues.

In the coffee shops, there was a conversation about the content of my name. People were upset, that my name contained the word "Shit". Since when are we a bunch of little boys and girls? We are grown adults. Please go to LetsHoldHandsAndSingNiceSongs.com (Sorry for the OOC).

Also, is it my fault that my parents were drunk on the date of my birth? I could have been named something fancy and normal like John_Barbour, Martin_Torres, or Serafina_Pekkala, but apparently they were angry at someone. Besides, who wants a name like that. I am more of a different type of guy and would never like a name such as those. (They really are good names. Sorry to pick on you three.)

On the other side, my name can be offensive. I am an offensive person. If you don't like it, you don't have to look at it or do it. Sort of like being a hitter. You don't have to be a hitter, if you don't want to. You do not have to interact with me or speak to me if you do not want to.

All in all, I shall stop my rambling and ask this last question. Should I be killed by the Gods for simply saying "Shit" in my name? Should I be forced to go under a new identity? Should I be judged, because of the name and not the actual person I am? Should I put mustard on my sandwich, instead of mayo? Should I stop asking questions?

YPOS takes the cigar out of his mouth and tosses it onto the ground. He watches it and turns. He walks away. He suddenly turns and asks...

The answer is yours.

-YouPieceOfShit
Report Post Tip
If your name is to be deemed "unacceptable" by the higher powers that be, then I'm afraid we'd be opening this whole world up to a lot of scrutiny. A lot of people use naughty words in their speeches on the street, for example. Are they the next to be "offed"? And, if this is the case, will this rule apply to all? To what extent will something be considered "offensive"?

Clearly, you can tell, I'm in favor of living in a world revolving around a life of crime. We steal, we lie, we kill.....and we have the mouths of sailors, hardcore Romanian sailors, in fact. Personally, I'm not in favor of a "let's sing songs around the campfire" world. Welcome to the 1930's. Welcome to the mafia.
Report Post Tip
I'm not a huge fan of your name, but it's not because it merely has the word "Shit" in it. Profanity is not offensive. It is just words. Groups of letters stuck together to symbolize a tangible or intangible object or idea. It's the stigma that we attach to words that make them offensive. A baby is not offended by the word "Fuck", because it has no meaning to him. The reason I dislike your name is more so the qualifying terms that precede it. Your name is disrespectful because you are basically calling every living, breathing human being who looks at you a piece of shit. That being said, it isn't up to the Gods to strike you down if they deem it to be offensive. God bestowed upon mankind free will, to live righteously or unholy. The choice is left to us. If another mafioso doesn't like your name and decides to murder you, that's another acceptable form of free will.

I think you make trade-offs when you keep a questionable name on your birth record. You might like the attention, but I wouldn't think highly of a CL who authed someone with such a name. Some things should remain traditional.

Whatever the case may be, those Gods should stay up in Heaven and let us control our own destiny to the extent that it doesn't result in the complete destruction of humanity.
Report Post Tip
To Adebayor,

I spoke to one God, and he claimed it was fine for this world of ours. We are in a world where we can chose what words are acceptable and which aren't. Simply murder the ones that use these words. I figure, if you don't like something, do something about it.

Furthermore, you are absolutely correct with your question. Which words would be allowed and which ones wouldn't. For example, saying "C*nt" usually gets you lightning bolted to death, but saying "Fuck", "Damn", "Shit", "Fetus", and more are completely legal.
Report Post Tip
To NeverSayDie,

I am not a fan of your name. Not simply, because you have the word "Die", but for what comes before it. Die. I just defied your name. I think you are attention getting as my parents were when they named me. Except my name contains "Shit" and yours contains "Die".

As I said before, why should I be blame for what my parents decided to name me? Content of ones character, not their name, as I always say. Which brings the point of you disrespecting my name. Who gives a shit-Oops, I said the word again-what my name is. If I become a fantastic leader, will someone simply kill me, because of my name? Look at SpiderPig. Isn’t his name a little bit silly? As I walk down the street, I see him and a million bodyguards surrounding him and him having his own HQ. Why should my name be treated as anything different as his?
Report Post Tip
My name is not disrespectful. It means to never give up. Did you even listen to what I said?
Report Post Tip
You're pulling bullshit out of your ass, YPoS. If you are going to argue with someone, try to make valid, relevant points.

That made no sense at all, and quite frankly, it made my head hurt. You make a brilliant argument for birth control. I'll repeat a previous point made by NSD that it is not simply the use of a word in your name, but the message that your name relays.

And please, don't give me any shit about "I can't help what my parents named me". If you want to use that argument that we are helpless concerning the names we are given, then perhaps the gods DO need to step in.

We are not talking about a silly name here. We are talking about a disrespectful name. Personally, I don't give a shit either way about it. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't affect me, so I ignore it. But Christ sakes, don't come out here and justify it with these idiotic arguments that insult everyone's intelligence. Make an argument for non-censorship, at least. Better yet, use some intelligence when getting your birth certificate notarized.
Report Post Tip
Birth control? If I had a dime for every time your blood-line used that one...

One thing before I start. *YPOS* Thanks.

Moving on, how is my parents naming me not a valid argument? I sure as fuck didn't name myself. Are you telling me I had a choice of what my name was when I was an hour old? It would have been "Crying", because I am quite sure, that I was only able to do that at such a young age.

How is this name any different from a "silly" one? A name is a name and if you don't like it. Don't associate. I never had associated with FP's bloodline, because I don't like pigs. Shrugs.

Oh and take this one, FP. Out of Millions of other sperm, how did yours make it? You should be the poster boy for Birth Control! Look how tough I am now. Rolls eyes. Please. I am attempting to have a debate. Please stay away if you are going to throw petty insults.
Report Post Tip
I throw petty insults when the person I am addressing ignores what has already been said and is unable to make a valid argument.

You are one of these people. The difference between a silly name and your name has already been explained more than once (disrespect). The reason your explanation about your parents naming you is a poor explanation has also been addressed. If you can't keep up with what has already been discussed, what more can be done other than point out that you are a fuckwit?

So..."My parent's named me, I can't do anything about that". Use your head. If this is a valid argument, then no names would be off limits. If no names are off limits, then it would be necessary for the Gods to step in on occasion. Follow? No, you'll probably ignore this obvious and valid point, as well, and continue droning on.

Don't speak to us as if we are gullible kindergarteners. That is the only thing here offensive to me.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Take Me for What I am
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL