Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:53:18
Page:  1 
The City, the Auth, and the Future Started by: Ricketts on Mar 05, '11 01:44

Ricketts steps out of his headquarters after what has been a very hectic few days. There were a lot of things he had to think about and do since becoming City Head so unexpectedly.

"Hello my fellow Americans, I am sure by now you are all wondering what my plans are for the city and its future."

He pulls out a cigar as one of his most trusted bodyguards pulls out a box of matches and lights it for him. Ricketts puffs on it a few times before continuing.

"I am going to build Saint Louis to a city of grand proportions - a thriving business district, a strong street presence and a bustling city... all goals which I am going to strive toward achieving. I have already taken the first few steps forward, with the auth of Expendable who I have great confidence will do a fantastic job in his position in Saint Louis."

Ricketts nods at Expendable before puffing a few more times on his cigar.

"Each day brings new challenges, challenges which I plan to meet head on and address in a logical and sensible manner. One of my first challenges was finding someone I thought suitable to open their own Headquarters alongside myself and Expendable, and someone who would strengthen the foundations of this city. After the war and losing so many good people, it was impossible to find someone who was in a good position to strengthen this fine city. I decided to think outside the box, and I consulted the old journals of Cherokee... During his time in New York he mentioned a man multiple times, someone trustworthy, honest and hard working."

He takes another few puffs of his cigar before continuing.

"I would also like to thank Godfather Whatsername for her generosity in allowing such a fine member of New York to move into Saint Louis to live and work. Don't worry miss - I'll take good care of him." Ricketts tips his hat and winks at Whatsername.

"This man has always been a close personal friend of mine, and I know he will be a fantastic addition to the city. Without further ado I give you, the newest Crewleader within Saint Louis - Khujo!"

Ricketts shakes Khujos hand, and steps aside to let Luckeh up, who is speaking on behalf of Khujo.

Report Post Tip

Grats Bro! This is awesome, Look forward to seeing you make Stl a better place than it already is!

Drex chants "Go GO Khujo"

Report Post Tip

Keeping his eye on the crowd Luckeh sits quietly as Ricketts begins to speak to them. It had been a while since Luckeh was seen out in public and today he would make sure he handled himself properly. Nodding his head as the Mob figure spoke Luckeh felt a nudge on his side. Slightly turning his face to the right his eyes make contact with Khujo who is moving closer to him. Turning his head back to the crowd Luckeh listens as Khujo whispers a few things in his ear. Nodding his head slowly after each few sentences Luckeh gave one last head nod before Khujo returned back to his position.

Just after that Ricketts finishes up his speech and offers his hand out to Khujo. With a slight smile on his face Khujo stretches out his hand and meets Rickett half way, both give each other a firm handshake. Just off the handshake alone you could tell these two men were close, very close.

Before he knew it it was Luckeh's turn to speak. Ricketts steps aside giving room for Luckeh to make his way forward. Excusing himself from Khujo's side Luckeh steps forward and prepares to address the crowd.

"Ciao.." Luckeh says in his Italian tongue as he addresses the crowd. "Let's keep this nice and short shall we. As Don Ricketts said recent events have led to the watering down of St. Louis. Since then the city has been dry, left to wither away from the harsh realities of this thing of ours." Luckeh paused. He looked around at the crowd to make sure everyone's ears were directed toward him. After a quick but thorough scan Luckeh continues on.

"Starting today there will be a new family in town. After receiving the blessing from Godfather Whatsername and Don Ricketts, The Goodie Mob will be setting up in the great city of St. Louis led by the one and only Khujo Goodie." Luckeh turns his head slightly and nods his head towards all three high ranks of the criminal underworld making sure he had paid his respects.

Report Post Tip

After hearing this news donmorrison decides to share his opinion.   I send my congratulations to St. Louis on it's first steps to recovery. I also wanted to say that I do not know Khujo but I am sure you will do a great job. I wish you the best of luck.

Report Post Tip

Hearing of the news of Khujo moving to St. Louis to help in the rebuild of what use to be great before everything had been whiped out.......

Sir, I know that you will make a great influence in the work that has to be done in St. Louis and I give you my congrats.

He then steps out of the way for one of the new leaders of St. Louis

Report Post Tip

Expendable nods back over at Ricketts and begins to speak

Congratulations Khujo on the honor you have been given by Don Ricketts. I look forward to working alongside you in the future to help St. Louis rebuild and grow to its full potential.

If there is ever anything I can do for you feel free to ask.

Expendable fills his glass with some more whiskey and raises his glass to Khujo

Report Post Tip

Thinking of his own future in the film industry Floyd is sure there is a movie in the name Khujo.

But that is not what this is about, Floyd raises his glass of bourbon to the newest family of ST.

Congradulations Khujo on your apointment I am sure you will be a great asset to this fine city.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to you Khujo, good luck on your new venture.

I look forward to and wish St.Louis a speedy recovery.

Report Post Tip

Slowly moving through the crowd toward Rickets with his hat tipped to slightly cover his face, Charlie exhales a large cloud of cigar smoke which clears people out of his way. Continuing to smoke his cigar, Charlie removes his hat and hands it to a bodygaurd. He then extends his now free hand toward Ricketts.

Id like to wish you all the best with Saint Louis. I was a good friend to Cherokee and to you also. I know you will do him and the city proud.

Charlie then signals to someone behind him, who subsequently passes him a humidor of cigars forward to him which he then hands on to Khujo.

Congratulations my old friend. I am very glad that you have got this oppurtunity and I know you will work as hard as you possibly can to help rebuild Saint Louis. With that I am going to bid you both farewell and good luck.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The City, the Auth, and the Future
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL