Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:53:42
Page:  1 
Todays sad events and the future Started by: InspectorGadget on Mar 05, '11 13:57

Walking up to the street corner where there was already a hub of activity, InspectorGadget, looking forlorn, motions for a bit of silence and begins the hardest speech of his life.

"This morning I was woken up with the telephone ringing wildly, hazily reaching to pick it up, I was greeted with Gian shouting down the phone, 'Godfather McDermott has passed, fatal gun error…..', taken aback by the shock of this terrible news, I was speechless, it must have seemed an age before I was able to respond. Firstly, get everyone together to pay their respects at the funeral, and afterwards we will need to have a meeting to discuss what will happen next.

I first met Godfather McDermott a long time ago and immediately noticed that he was a man going places. Hard working and always available for a helping hand, I realised that these were the qualities that I wanted to display. Due to this common ethos and work ethic we grew close and as such this will always have an influence.

I will be taking over as the head of the city. This is not the way in which anyone wants into this position, but Godfather McDermott's hard work must continue, and we all shall strive to rebuild and expand upon his work and accomplishments. His legacy will never be forgotten and he is already sorely missed.

My door and that of the other crew leaders within Detroit will always be open to anyone wishing to talk business, discuss problems, or just to talk. It will be a lot of hard work to rebuild but I am confident that within the city are the people who are willing and able to ensure that it will once again flourish. Thanks for your time."

InspectorGadget turns and walks off back to the HQ

Report Post Tip

Listening to his friend's speech, he nods in understanding.

I would just like to say that as tragic as the circumstances may be. In light of such a terrible loss, I whole heartedly support this decision. I firmly back the good Inspector as the right man to take our city forward from the aftermath of McDermott's passing and continue the sterling work he began.

You know you have my respect and support as always.

Turning from the scene he returns to the busy affairs of the turbulent day.

Report Post Tip

Octavian stands off in the distance, listening to his fellow Detroit leader sharing the news with the world. He clenches a half empty bottle of rum, and already seems to be drowning his sorrows.

Godfather McDermott was one of a kind. He was a great friend, and a great inspiration. He always inspired me to work harder than I was. He was my inspiration to be the best that I could be. He was my closest friend in this world, and it is sad to see him go, especially this way. Our family lines go way back, and each of our ancestors were always close. I can honestly say it's been an honor to know, and work for Godfather McDermott, both as his Right Hand, and as his underboss.

InspectorGadget, my friend. We have a long road ahead of us, and large shoes to fill. But I feel that with our shared effort, along with Gaius, and Iestyn, we can continue the work that our Godfather started, and complete his dream of bringing Detroit back to its former glory, and expand our Detroit empire. I look forward to working with you as my city head, and you know where to find me if you need anything.

Octavian takes another large swig of his rum, and walks off into the distance towards his Head Quarters.

Report Post Tip

I am sorry for your cities loss. Good luck with further ventures in Detroit.

Rest in Peace Godfather McDermont.

Report Post Tip

Err..Sorry for the confusion...I have been drinking hard this morning...I obviously meant Godfather McDermott.

Report Post Tip

Very sorry for your loss but congratulations an I know you will do amazing Inspector I know your line and you are one of the hardest workers I have seen .

Report Post Tip

He steps out onto the streets, unshaven and clothes ruffled. It had been a heavy night, trying to get over the shock once more. He goes back to the phone he had made over 24 hours ago to Don Gadget. He blurted the words out so quick he was surprised Don Gadget made out what he said, but the silence had told him that he had.

Don Gadget I will work hard along with the family and the other families of Detroit to make the Motor City great again. I know you will do a fantastic job and I know everyone here in Detroit will strive forward as we have done so many times before. It seems as a city since our move from Chicago it has been plagued with tragedy, but now it stops and now we get bigger an stronger and carry on the work started first by Godfather Marcus and continued by Godfather McDermott.

A sad day for Detroit RIP Godfather Mcdermott.

He bows his head before disappearing into the HQ

Report Post Tip

Tres Amusement.

Report Post Tip

I am sorry to hear about Detroits lost may McDermott RiP.

But I would also Wish you all the best InspectorGadget I know you will do the city great.

Report Post Tip

it is very saddening to see a godfather fall in such a way. RIP

Report Post Tip

Sorry to hear about this, the loss of Detroit's finest. May he rest well, and may the city of Detroit continue to prosper, especially through such times as these.

Goodluck Mr.InspectorGadget.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Todays sad events and the future
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL