Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:12:27
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Heros.....do we have them Started by: Purr_Baby on Feb 24, '08 07:50
Purr_Baby pulls the box out and stands there in full view.

Ladies and Gentelmen I would like to question the crowd on a simple thing, "What do you call a hero"

I have talked to many people on the subject. This is what I have collected. (Their names have been ommitted to save retaliation in some cases)

A hero to me is someone that stands for the family through thick and thin.

A hero to me is always being there for your boss and family.

To me the answer to that would be one who dies saying his bosses name on his dieing breath.

Well what can I say to that: If one was to sum up a hero I would have to say one who survives a battle and comes back to raise his own family under the old families name (really close to Loyality)

....These are just a few of the ones that I have recieved in the talks I have had with people....The one to me that I find most profound though is this one I recieved from a fellow who is in a real war, he stated this:

A hero is simply this, He is a person that survives a battle while all those around him are dying, he must however inflict as many deaths to the enemy as he can and ultimatly winning the battle.

Here on our streets there are very many battles brought on by many reasons, but for me and my opinion there have been few so called ***HEROS***

I thank you for you time I must now go make a drop...she steps off the soapbox and places back to it's location.
Report Post Tip
Platinum Clears his throat, and speaks up so the streets can Hear

My Opinion.....

Is that i do not agree with this unknown persons definition of a hero,

The one which states "A hero is simply this, He is a person that survives a battle while all those around him are dying, he must however inflict as many deaths to the enemy as he can and ultimatly winning the battle."

In my opinion, this is a warrior, someone who can do this and win a battle.

A hero is a person who shows some of the most important, respectable and admired characteristics out there, a person who shows, loyalty, courage, bravery, Forgiveness, skill, charisma, someone who commands respect and respects those around him.

I think this type of person is rare in the world of today...
Report Post Tip
Perhaps we can label someone a hero by their actions, but if we could look into their heart... I'm sure we'd refute our claims.
Report Post Tip
I am sure that your points are good ones and everyone veiws are ok with me.
Report Post Tip
I supose if you really want to go into history though there are many heroes,

From what a read the previous CL Anita was somewhat a hero, After a 4 day non-stop battle with pretty much every other family around. Yes, lost in the end but the general opinion, and what i hear and read is that she showed these characteristics and extreme determination to win, determination to win a battle which was more or less impossible.

This I respect very much, if i had seen such a thing. But i have not. Due to a relativelty short bloodline in this business.

I have many heroes on mafia, one of which is the recently deceased Cathy_Parks, my Hero. The greatest CL ive ever worked for and had an abundance of the skills neccessary to be labelled "A hero"

In my opinion.
Report Post Tip
Anita would be one That I would rate as a hero (maybe)

But that brings to mind a fellow you Was named MrEvilMan he to was a kind of hero that stood in the throws of battle. Even if he started most of them.
Report Post Tip
I do not even think that this kind of man doesnt exist...
Report Post Tip
Well that is why I am asking Unknown
Report Post Tip
"I do not even think that this kind of man doesnt exist... "

Sorry Unknown, dont mean to pick at grammar and stuff, but this sentence makes no sense whatsoever, the first part cancelles out the 2nd part, a bit of an oxymoron, if thats the word im looking for.

Does this mean he does or doesn't??

I think that people like this do exist, ive met one....
Report Post Tip
well, thats great for you platinum, but i havent seen anyone, that is what im saying.
Report Post Tip
Oh ok,

I understand now,

What about your CL? Does she not possess these qualities?

You have never met one person like this?
Report Post Tip
no, i havent, and CL might posses this qualities, but i dont know just yet, so i guess that i will wait and see, and you platinum?
Report Post Tip
Yeh i have,

Ive had a CL in the past who has possessed all these qualities.

Treat my so well and exceeded all my expectations of how well a CL can treat you. Its not a personall thing either, i dont class them a hero because i like them, i genuine do believe they had all these qualities.
Report Post Tip
"I do not even think that this kind of man doesnt exist... "

I lost my grammar there, i meant does. sorry
Report Post Tip
So as I understand you Unknown you blieve there is no one out here that would come to your rescue if you needed it?
Report Post Tip
well, i havent seen anyone thatd do it for me... but however it might be someone
Report Post Tip
While there are many here that profes they would do this I fing it hard to think that they (a CL) would risk the rest of their family to save one. I do see those though whom will honrably pick the members up of dead crew leaders. Who may have been even their eneimes.
Report Post Tip
Heroes? There is no such thing in the life of crime. It is an illusion of sorts to the brain. Just as the saying "beuty is in the eye of the beholder." If a fellow from the family saves your life in war he is not a hero. Why, some may ask. The reason is that he did his duty to protect him and his family.

The most we have is role models and people we hold the highest respect too. Heroes is just somewhat of a title to me, just as Don, Boss, and Capo.

What makes these criminal role models is a perserverance to do something. What man or women who has put effort into their life did not want to accomplish anything? Very few. They need to have respect towards everyone, so that they in turn can gain some respect. They need to be able to find their best skill and hone it toward perfection. What great hitter has not killed an IAs or has never been training at the shooting range? None. They need to live by Omerta. They must do everything in their power to further the family. They will never think of themselves as one but many.

Very few people can do the following above and always be seen as role models. Many will go with the wind being nothing of a whisper of what once was.

-Martin
Report Post Tip
Maybe there is another meaning to the word here,

For example, i could have a Hero, this could be someone who i look up and admire, aspire to be like in which case you could call them my hero, and there is not much argueing about the fact that 99% of people have a hero.

I do.
Report Post Tip
From what I've seen from the responses, most of you believe a hero is someone who comes out on top, or is "top dog". I don't believe that that is a hero at all. A hero is anyone that shows courage, determination, and bravery when put in a tough spot, but they don't do this for themselves, they do this for others.

Yes, I can see how Anita fits the mold, considering the 4 day war, and I can see how SoundWarnings and Thunderbutton fit that mold in that war as well. Each of them sacrificed much to do what they thought was right and in standing up for their friends and family. Yet, both were on different sides. While using this war as an example...I'd say there were unsung heroes as well. Consider the many prowackers that stayed up long hours, flying in and out of cities, incapable of defending themselves against the big guns, yet continuing to put themselves in dangers way.

There was a guy that worked with Ms. Parks, that had a severe case of the flu, that was awakened at 4am to go to war against Badass, and stayed up prowacking his friends until about 4pm, that I know of. Is that a hero?

And so this is in many wars, as well as everyday life. Often I see someone "small of stature" in this world standing up for their friend, against someone "larger", in the streets. I haven't even mentioned the people behind the scenes, that rarely become known, yet work tirelessly on things to protect their families.

So, in my opinion, it's not the guy that always comes out on top, though that is the guy that will most be remembered. Sometimes the hero is the guy that kept his friend alive to come out on top.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Heros.....do we have them
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL