Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 02:54:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Masquerade of The Shadows Started by: Egwene on Mar 05, '11 18:20

Sarah doesn’t seem to take any notice to Nick O’Tyme, his sandals and other noise making objects merely background noise mixed in with the music. She takes another sip of her rum and coke and brushes a stray curl out of her face, turning back to Bill and smiling, the alcohol finally starting to take a little effect.

So, Bill, if that is your real name, tell me. What brings you to a party like this?

Report Post Tip

Sexy Princess fidgets on the barstool. She watches all the other guests carefully, but doesn't really see anyone worth going after tonight.

Sighing, she decides to take a walk around the room and see what handsome young men might be here for the evening.

It feels so good to have her identity concealed. She feels like kicking her heels up, but just needs to find the right man.

She walks by Lon Moore and smiles seductively at him, looking at him boldy and then glancing away coyly. She is hoping he will ask her to dance.

Report Post Tip

Emerson Biggins, wearing bright green, gold, black, and yellow clothes for the Mardi Gras festivities had heard of a Masquerade party. He was wearing his nicest colored suit that he had specailly tailored for just the occasion such as Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Excited to go to the party, Emerson Biggins left his house. He walked down Bourbon Street on a quick detour and got a few shots. He then arrived at the party. He walked into the building with a smile on his half concealed face. He was trying not to look too excited but couldn't contain it.

Whoop. Emerson Biggins has arrived. How is everyone in the building? Drinks on me.

He said slightly not realizing what he had just said. He was in fact kind of happy he had said it but his wallet was not too ecstatic about it. But who cares, it is a time to celebrate. It is a time to enjoy the finer things in life. Seeing that there was some dancing going on and not having gone to the party with anyone, he decides to dance by himself. He just gently slides back and forth. He was just waiting for someone to dance with him.

Report Post Tip

Seeing the looks the young lady keeps throwing him, Lon Moore decides that maybe he is standing out too much. There is one easy, and rather pleasurable, way to fix that he decides. He walks up to the young lady and extends his hand to her.

My Lady, might I have the pleasure of sharing your company for this dance?

Report Post Tip

Entering the ball, Beau Ti, smiled at hostess and held her dress up slightly so she could walk a bit better. Her mask had a hint of purple around the eye's, leading into a nice dark green which pushed it's self into a dark blue with skinny green and blue feathers coming off of it. It covered her eyes and nose, but her red lips were easy to see. She was a bit pale and so the dark colors of her mask made her glow. Yet, that was nothing compared to her dress. She had no sleeves which let her skin shine as she walked around. The top of the dress was shaped like a heart. It covered her breasts, but has a small V to show more cleavage, but not low enough to be trashy. The dress was dark blue and long. It was of a silky material that clung her upper body with a green sash that started at the right breast and came to wrap around until it met her waist where it then thinned out to pick up the breeze easier and make it seem as if it was flowing like water as she walked around.

With her dress acting like it was the sea and her skin the moon light she was a sight to see at the ball. Nodding towards the other guests she made her way to grab a drink. Walking up to the counter she ordered a nice cup of wine before turning back around to watch everyone enjoy the conversations or dancing that they were indulging in. She was a people watcher, always trying to figure out what made them tick. It amused her, especially at parties where you dressed to impress and would talk big about what you had been up to.

Report Post Tip

Jim Nasium  walks in, a sight to behold, decked to the nines in Purple, Green and Gold. A Jester if ever there was one, Jim Nasium’s unique costume consisted of polished black Oxford shoes, so polished that one could see their reflection in them. His pants, the right leg green and the left leg in gold with a purple trimming, loose fitting and tied at the top with a purple sash. His shirt made from the finest silk, continued with the same colourful twist, the right half in gold whilst the left was the same shade of green as his pants.

On the ends of each hand, purple gloves hid his huge hands. His headgear consisted of a purple hood draped down in long triangular cuts, each cut tapered off to reveal a tiny ivory boned skull which hung down around his neck, two horns circled down each side of his ears, each bedecked with a slightly larger ivory skull at the finish, his face covered completely with an all too familiar looking long nosed Jester mask. The mask was an array of Purple, Gold and Greens.

As the attendant removed his long purple cape, Jim Nasium  leaped into the air, tumbled in mid air and landed delicately back on his feet again in front of the bar. Tapping his long black and gold cane on the bar, he motioned for the waiter to come and get his order while he surveyed the room.

Report Post Tip

Sarah sighs, clearly getting nothing else from Bill. Not knowing if she knew anyone, and not entirely comfortable walking up to a random man, she turns to Beau Ti and smiles. She had always been more at ease talking with other women, and their dresses were slightly similar, in color if nothing else. She extends a gloved hand, about to introduce herself before she accidentally bumps the glass of wine, spilling it and making a terrible mess. She gasps, her face growing a deep shade of red, though no one could tell. Quickly, Sarah finds napkins to clean up her mistake.

Oh, damn, I’m so sorry! Please, forgive me! I’ll buy you another one. Did I get any on you?

Great. A first impression, and she’s already a klutz. At least no one knew who she was. Her mask saved her that embarrassment.

Report Post Tip

Shaking her head still trying to get the embarassment of earlier events out of her head, Crystal Chanda Leir sees a nearby candle and uses it to light her cigarette, slipping passed the crowd she opens the door leading out to the balcony, stepping out into the cool night air a cold breeze races up her spine, Shivering she leans against the wall and smokes, "What a night." she thought to herself as she tried to relax,

She could hear the music playing from inside, turning her body a little she watches through the glass as all the party goers laughes and danced, Glad she came to the party she snuffs out her cigarette and goes back inside, staying need the door she continues to just observe everything.

Report Post Tip

Justin Case nervously enters the Masquerade Ball and glances around the ballroom at all the other guests, most of which were hanging around by the punch bowl. He swaggers across and gets himself a glass and swiftly takes a drink for the bowl. Catching this eye is a female guest sitting by the bar, he turns to her and simply nods his head in her direction before taking a sip of his punch. When he was on his way to the ball he was slightly panicking about whether his attire would match up to the other guests, he was always such a worrier but judging by the other guests he was pleased that he seemed to fit in just fine and began to relax. He was looking forward to a good night with whoever else was attending the ball, even if he did not their true identity.

A couple more drinks of punch and he was stating to get into the party mood and as he watched the other guests starting to dance, he wanted to join in but thus far had no company to do so. Looking towards the bar he sees the young woman he noticed earlier when he first arrived. She was so beautiful and her dress was absolutely adorable, he wanted to go and introduce himself before someone else got there before him. Quickly finishing his drink for a bit of dutch courage he heads over to the bar, says hello and smiles at the young woman. She was even more beautiful up close and he was intrigued to get to know more about her.

My name is Justin Case, i noticed you were sitting here alone and was wondering if you wanted to dance? A pretty woman like yourself should not be alone at a time like this.

Beau Ti was who the young woman introduced herself as, and he could certainly see why.

So ma'am, would you do me the pleasure of joining me for this dance?

He extends his hands and smiles at Beau Ti hoping that she would accept.

Report Post Tip

Sexy Princess smiles brightly at Lon Moore. As he extends his hand to her, she curtsies slightly and allows him to guide her out on to the ballroom floor.

As he takes her into his arms smoothly, and begins guiding her effortlessly across the dance floor, she takes the opportunity to look up at him. She can't really tell much about his looks, but he is tall and suave and strong looking. She feels rather feminine and delicate comparison.

"
Thank you, this is quite enjoyable, isn't it?" She says somewhat quietly, all the while gazing at him with her deep blue eyes. "I didn't really know what to expect, I have never been to a masquerade ball before."

Sexy Princess has the feeling she knows this man, but she can't quite figure out why or how. She is enjoying the suspense and intrigue of the situation.

She senses a bit of danger and it makes her pulse race. She leans back just a touch, and then decides maybe the gun in her garter is not such a bad idea after all.

Report Post Tip

Adolf Oliver-Busch wakes up. The room is dark. He is still opening his eyes and trying to regain his composure. He feels wooden rods around him, might be brooms. Standing is impossible as Adolf Oliver-Busch is ass-wedged into a mop bucket. Finally he knocks the bucket over and flies out into a back room of the party. Thankfully this place is classy enough to keep its custodian's closets out of sight. Adolf Oliver-Busch dusts himself off as much as to look like he did on first entry, storms back through the door and straight to the punch bowl. He turns to the lady next to him after spiking the mix a little bit and pouring himself as much as the glass can hold.

So, you come 'round here often? You're a classy looking broad, wouldn't mind paying for a replacement dress if you know what I'm saying. You got, like, a few bucks I can borrow?

She walks away, and Adolf Oliver-Busch is not surprised. Instead he just whips out a cigarette rolled in newspaper and somehow gets it lit with something he pulls from his hair.

Report Post Tip

Beau Ti, smiled at the poor girl who had accidentally knocked over her drink. She helped her clean it up and and told her there would be no need to buy her another. It was probably best she held back on drinking. A night such as this one, drinking could get a girl into a lot of trouble. Looking over her dress she didn't see any spots on it and noticed that the girl calmed down after that. Giving a small laugh she made conversation, but it was the typical stuff. "Hi, I'm Beau Ti. How are you? Oh I'm good. That's good." The small talk never suited her, but it was the typical when first running into people.

Noticing a man make his way over she had a feeling she was about to be asked to dance. She wasn't exactly known for smooth moves, but she had been practicing more. Laughing a bit at his name she agreed to dance. Taking his hand she followed him and told the girl she would be back, if she hadn't found someone else to talk to by then.

Wrapping her arms around his neck the music slowed and she couldn't help, but feel just a bit uncomfortable being near a guy she barely knew. Yet, that is what this Masquerade was all about, right? So she shook it off and enjoyed her time.

Report Post Tip

After being left alone again, Sarah Bellum finishes her drink and grabs another, walking past the other guests into the chill night air. It was getting too warm in there and her mask and gown were not helping the situation. She takes a deep breath, the air bracing in her lungs as tiny bumps pop up over her exposed skin. From some unseen pocket, Sarah pulls out a cigarette and lights it, then blows out a lungful of light blue smoke and watches it waft up towards the stars.

Report Post Tip

BILL took the cigarette from Sarah, He then tossed threw it to the ground. He wasnt the biggest fan of smoking so he didnt do it.

I have a feeling that one day Smoking might cause harm to people. Dont ask why its just a crazy feeling i have.

BILL realizes that Sarah was stuck staring at him. His lack of attention to what she was asking him probably drover her to insanity. He felt the need to apologize and so he pulled out a rose from his back pocket. Handing it over to her his White Suit was in the backround.

I hope you like roses and arent allergic or anything miss Sarah

Report Post Tip

Justin Case could see the young woman was quite nervous although the feeling was mutual he was trying to hide it. Dancing with Beau Ti he was smiling behind his mask, also trying to figure out what she would look like if she was unmasked. Getting into the swing of things he began to feel more comfortable and was sure his partner was also starting to relax. He placed his hand towards her lower back, not too low though as to give the wrong impression, that was definetely not what he wanted to do. Gently rubbing her back in an attempt to ease her up he began to speak to her, asking questions about work and her personal life, like what she did for a living, what places she liked to visit etc. It wasn't long before the conversation was flowing and the pair were soon laughing.

As the music came to an end he decided to see if she wanted to spend more time with him, he was enjoying himself and was intrigued to find out some more about her.

Would you like to accompany me for a drink?

Report Post Tip

DonMoq along with the aid of his loyal companions hopped off their chauffeur driven Ford, and limped towards the ramp of the riverboat with one leg taking more of a role than the other. His silver cane, made his appearance known, with it's eerie click clacks, however concealed at the tip was a 12 gauge shotgun. For private purposes. His jet-black suede shoes laughed in the faces of the animal rights protestors along with his custom suit that made sure his name was not forgotten, for in bold it also had OCCIB. His hair was cut short, with a miniature cowboy hat leaning more on to the left side revealing his scar on his right scalp which he received in a local shoot-out with a rival gang when he was a kid. On the right side of his face he wore an eyemask, that followed the trend of his childhood.It had one tear drop, running down the side of his face. But to make this mask unique, he used the blood of a man he was torturing earlier for cursing his mother.  

Don Moq, wandered over to the bar, he ordered a luxu drink and began consuming a $3000 bottle. As he was about to get up he felt a poke in his back, he jumped up, cocked his cane and aimed it at the "pokers" face. Realising his mistake, he apologised and retreated back to his chair. A young woman, in her early 20's also apologised for she didn't realise he would react that way. She sat down and began chatting with the man who almost killed her. She managed to convince him to get up and dance, but if it wasn't for her attractiveness she would have caught the middle finger a loooong time ago. The music came on, the lights faded away and the slow-dancing began.

Report Post Tip

At the end of the evening, Egwene rang a bell and turned the house lights up.  "I would like to thank everyone who took the time to visit our Masque.  The Ball is now ended, I will keep everyone's secret as I said before, but If you would like to reveal yourself now that it is over, please feel free to unmask yourselves now."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Lon Moore for winning this competition.  Lon won for attempting with each post to be suspicious.  Way to go Mr. Moore.  Thanks also to everyone to participated.  You will each be receiving a consolation prize in the mail.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Masquerade of The Shadows
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL