Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:54:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
Smokey Row Coffee Shop Started by: Katerina on Mar 21, '20 21:28

"My family is, well not around anymore." 

Samantha stopped eating and stared down at the table as she spoke, causing to Talia to spend several minutes assuring the girl that everything was going to be okay, she would simply come live with her and it would be fun.

Johnny nodded along agreeing with everything that was said as he downed his coffee. It was at that perfect temperature, the one where it was cool enough to take full sips, but you knew it was going to be too cold with-in a few minutes. When he finished off the last of it he looked back over to Talia. 

"You want another cup, or are you just about ready to head back to your place?"

Report Post Tip

Talia glanced over at Sam, whom was still eating that sandwich. 

"She is still eating, no need to rush. We can get another cup, by the time it cools down and we down it, she should be done. No rush though kid, take your time."

Johnny nodded and began to stand up, though Talia got up before him. 

"I'll go get it this time, it's been a while since I've bought a round of coffee."

She could see the hesitation in Johnny's demeanor but he sat back down. "Ok...." Samantha had left the change on the table from her sandwich and stuff, was plenty to get a couple cups of coffee with. She scooped it up and made her way to the counter. Cut in front of a couple people, attitudes of which she ignored and ordered the coffees. 

Only took a few moment for the lady to grab them, Talia paid and made her way back to the table. Handing one to Johnny. 

Report Post Tip

"Hey thanks."

Johnny took the lid off once again and poured in some milk before letting it cool off a bit.

"I don't understand how you like sugar in coffee. I like sugar, I like coffee, but hot sugar mixed into coffee is disgusting..."

Talia gave him a look as she poured a huge serving of sugar into her coffee, "It's delicious. Right, Samantha?" 

Samantha swallowed another bite before answering, "Yup!" and then went back to focusing on her food.

"If you say so. You know this coffee is great and all but I could really use something a little stronger, that was a long night."

Report Post Tip

"Well, I don't know how you don't put sugar in coffee at all. You must have defective taste buds. I do hear you though, something stronger would be really nice. Well either that or passing out for a good 18 hours. Not sure that is really feasible though."

Talia picked up the spoon sitting next to her on the table and gave her coffee a stir. Had to mix that sugar in and there was no better time to do that then when it was hot. While stirring, she could see Samantha putting the remaining couple bites of her sandwich down, then pulled the plate with the pie on it in front of her. 

"We can leave whenever, I just want a couple bites of this pie and I will be good." Samantha chimed in which caused Talia to turn to her. 

"Enjoy it, we really aren't rushed. My place is just down the road anyways."

Samantha smiled then took another bite of pie, Talia meanwhile directed her attentions back onto Johnny. 

"I still have that little bit you left me the other night, should be plenty. Right?"

Report Post Tip

"Yeah, that should be plenty I think, although I don't remember what bit I left you. I'll take your word for it. Was I drinking at the time?"

Johnny watched in amazement as Samantha scarfed down her pie so quick she was barely taking enough time between bite to breath. After a few minutes of this, he realized his coffee had been sitting long enough and popped the lid back on and downed half the cup before turning back to Talia again.

"Holy crap. I guess the food was needed..."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Talia tried to play back in her head the order of how things went down that day but for the most part the time in Vegas was a blur. Sure she remembered bits and pieces but one of those bits wasn't how much cocaine was left. With a bit of a shrug, Talia held up her hand and measured out a little bit of what she thought was left in the bag between her thumb and pointer finger. 

"I'd say about that much..."

"That much what?" Samantha asked just before jamming another piece of pie in her face. 

"That much co..." Talia caught herself from finishing that statement. "Don't worry about it, it's nothing that concerns you."

Samantha narrowed her eyebrows towards Talia and said nothing else but took another bit from the pie, a mean bite. 

"Hurry up and finish that damn pie, you've got a couple minutes and we are leaving. With or without you."

Report Post Tip

Johnny watched Talia go from easy-going and cheery to scolding Samantha in the blink of an eye and laughed to himself. Well, he thought it was to himself until he got a mean glare from her.

"Sorry, just that sounded like the old you again."

He quickly finished off the rest of his coffee before getting up from his chair and collecting all of the empty cups and food wrappers to go throw out. Cleaning up seemed like the nice thing to do, and there was the added bonus that Talia's wrath couldn't be turned to him if he wasn't there. 

He returned from tossing everything out and slid back into his chair and turned to Talia again.

"So we just about ready here?" 

Report Post Tip

Samantha was still eating her pie, very very slowly. Little pieces at a time, she was doing it to be a pain in the ass and Talia could sense it. With a bit a glare in her direction, Talia stood up from her chair. She grabbed the cup of coffee and chugged the rest of before placing it back onto the table. 

"Yup, let's get out of here."

Talia turned to the door and began walking, Johnny followed close behind and Samantha stayed seated. It was a protest of sorts. 

"You gonna tell her to come?" Johnny spoke from behind her. 

"Nah, I don't negotiate with terrorists. She won't be to far behind."

"Ok...."

They walked out the door and began walking down the street, not even a minute later the panicked footsteps of Samantha could be heard catching up. 

"Oh... nice of you to join us." 

Report Post Tip

After attending Katerina funeral Rain made her way back down to the Smokey Row Coffee Shop.  There were a few people there but the atmosphere was very quiet.  She couldn’t believe just the other day they united in a business agreement.  Rain wanted to assure the new owners that she would honor the agreement made with Katerina.  She would still deliver the Colombian coffee and it could be sold keeping a fifty percent profit.

Report Post Tip

Johnny had to jog to catch up to Talia, finally making it up side by side with her just outside of the closest coffee shop to the pool hall, still carrying her purse on his shoulder. 

"Hey wait up would yeah, damn speed walker. Were you suggesting I can't pull off the purse look?" 

He did a little spin in front of her on the sidewalk like a model would do on the runway. It caused the purse to swing out and then slam into his side like a tiny little wrecking ball.

"Ouch. Good lord woman, what do you have in here? It weighs a ton."

He opened up the top of the purse to have a look inside but before he could dig too far Talia snagged it off of his shoulder and tucked it back under her arm.

"Ohhhhhh secrets? Hmmm now I must know..."

Report Post Tip

He did rather pull off the look, must have been the whole Hollywood vibe he gave off. It was slightly odd but it worked... 

"There's no secrets, it's just stuff. My stuff!"

"What kind of stuff?"

She stopped in tracks and turned towards him. "Do you really need to know this?"

"I don't need to know but now I'm curious... sooo..."

"Okay, well..." She went to open her bag so he could look in, she could see him peaking downwards. So she did the only thing she could think of doing. She closed it up and tightly tucked it under her arm. 

"Just cause you wanna know, I'm not gonna show you. So ha!" She started laughing, then turned about and continued walking. She left him standing there and made her way to the front door of the coffee shop. Before opening the door, Talia glanced in the direction she had just come from. Johnny was still standing in the same spot but was watching her. 

"Are you coming?"

Report Post Tip

"Oh right, yes I am coming. It's nice out today... was just enjoying the scenery is all."

With that he headed on over and followed her into the shop, walking right past her and up to the front counter. It had been a long night and now that he could smell it he was in a rush to get some more of that coffee. 

"Welcome." The lady behind the counter greeted.

"Thanks, um can I get two coffees? The largest size you have. Oh and one of those fruit muffin thingys they look good, actually make it two."

Johnny paid the woman and scooped up the drinks and muffins as soon as she placed them on the counter. He turned and quickly scanned the room searching for Talia but she was nowhere's to be seen. 

"Where the hell... oh well..."

He made his way over to the corner table by the window, the one Talia always chose when they came here. She had said something about people watching while she had her morning coffee one time, or something like that. Placing the muffins and drinks on the table with a shrug he sat down and took the lid off of one of the coffees to dump in some milk and allow it some time to cool off. He then took the lid off the second cup as well... figuring he may as well be nice and let hers cool a bit too.

Report Post Tip

He walked right past her, didn't even glance in her direction. Just went straight to the counter, he must have been so fixated on the coffee that he paid zero mind to his surroundings. She understood though, there were a bunch of times that she felt and did the same thing in the mornings. Didn't care whom was there and whom she pissed off, coffee was life. Especially in the morning with little or no sleep. 

Wasn't something that she had to deal with today, last nights sleep was the best she had gotten in a while. Guess that is what happens when you don't go out and get to get before the sun comes up. 

Talia gave the place a scan, their usual table was opened and that's where she headed. That was until something caught her eye. It was something outside, it was shiny as it glared through the window of the coffee shop. 

She headed outside to get a better look but whatever it was, was no where in sight anymore. Was she seeing things? It made her think for a moment or two but alas she couldn't figure it. 

"Oh well..." With not much more thought about it, Talia headed back inside. 

Johnny was seated at their table, with what looked like two coffees. One in front of him and the other in an empty seat. Guess he didn't get the memo she wanted a cappuccino.. Weaving her way through the tables, Talia came to a stand next to him. 

"No cappuccino?"

Report Post Tip

Johnny looked down at the coffee, then back up at Talia, then down at the coffee one more time before frowning and hanging his head.

"Well fuck. I forgot you were feeling fancy today. I tried to be nice and cool it off for you and everything. Two coffee's for me I guess?"

He reached over and slid the second cup over to his side of the table before getting up and heading back over to the counter. He ordered a cappuccino and brought it back over, placing it on the table in front of her before sitting back down in front of his coffee.

He put the lid back on the first cup and took a sip while adding some milk to the second cup at the same time.

"Two coffees is probably what I need anyways so that works out. Where'd you go anyways? I got the coffees and then when I turned around you were gone, then poof you were back. You have magic in that secret bag of yours?"

Report Post Tip

Her eyes lit up as he placed the cappuccino in front of her, it smelled delicious. It looked rather fancy too, with the frothy milk all nicely done on top and what wiggly lines were put into the froth. It was rather fancy...  Really she was quite temped to sip into it but resisted, she had a feeling there was a molten hot liquid underneath that froth. Just waiting to reek havoc on her mouth.

"Indeed, you look like your dragging ass. You might need more then those two cups of coffee. Might be a little something I have in my magic bag of mine then again, maybe not. Depends how nice you are..."

She laughed then leaned down towards her cappuccino, giving the top of it a slight blow. Knowing though that the top wasn't the issue, it was underneath it that was the problem or could be the problem. Learning from past mistakes, Talia backed off and let it be. Instead turning back to the question he had just asked.

"I saw something outside that caught my attention, though by the time I got outside it was gone. It was shiny and big and poof just disappeared. Then again, maybe it wasn't even there to start with? Perhaps I was just seeing things?"

Talia zoned out for a moment, but the feeling of eyeballs staring at her caused her to snap out of it.

"So, I went to investigate. Oh well..."

Report Post Tip

"Big and shiny eh? Alright then..."

Johnny took another sip from his first coffee as he processed everything Talia had just said. In his current state it took a few minutes. Finally he looked over and her bag, then back up at her.

"Hey wait a minute. It depends how nice I am? I am the most nice. If nice were a contest I'd have that shit in the bag. If I had a bag... well you know what I meant... the point is I am very nice. I even went back up and got you that fancy frothy thing!"

Johnny crossed his arms and squinted in her direction, but quickly realized he needed his arm if he wanted to keep drinking his coffee so he quickly unfolder them and grabbed his cup. 

"Champion of nice I tells ya... numero uno." He muttered to himself between sips.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Tony Gianolla was the biggest liquor boss in Detroit called The Greek up for a meet and greet.  He wanted to hire him for a job to bring some peace of mind.  The Greek ducked into Smokey Row Coffee Shop as he walked in with Liam and Stefano they peeled off and sat a table where they could see him and watch the door.  Tony was there with Bill Tocco and Tony Zerilli they were the ones that recommended Adrian to their Boss Tony Gianolla.  Tony was smoking a cigar and talking rather loud he seemed to be getting frustrated with The Greek because Adrian hardly said a word.  Then Tony asked did he understand the Job and how important it was.  

Adrian leaned forward and told Tony Gianolla that he did but they never discuss compensation and until then nothing has been agreed to.  Tony erupted into laughter, nodding and slapping his knee.  He then said that he would give him a peace of Vitale's action and his guarantee that he would be safe to operate in Detroit.  Adrian then told Ginolla that he operates in several states and no one fucks with him now.  Tony nodded and told him that he would give Adrian Vitale's number racket and the alcohol business would fall to Gianolla so their businesses don't cross lines.  Adrian agreed and the deal was struck.   Then The Greek ordered a beer for the table and they drank in agreement.  

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Smokey Row Coffee Shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL