Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:03
Page:  1 
Losing touch Started by: MR_Destruction on Feb 24, '08 17:28
We all know this world is losing it's touch. It's not hard to see, but what could be causing such issues?

Well with the newest speeches about black and white area's of concern as far as proper language and etiquette, it makes me wonder, is this the issue?

So I read some of my Diaries form my ancestors too try and find out what difference there has become with time.

This is what I have noticed:

Entry's from Journals indicated that in the past their Mafia world seemed much more professional.

Could we be losing it? For example, in one of the Entries I noticed one of my ancestors were killed for improper remarks in his personal profile. Such as *Don't F*** with me or I'll eat your babies"

I also noticed an Entry stating on the concerns of proper Mafioso names, for example, at one time people were being offed for naming their children names such ass, IpwnBeaothecs, MakeMeaFingSandwhich, E_A_T_M_E. Now it seems like a daily basis and is actually ignored.

Is this lack of professional lifestyle starting to hurt the community?

Granted this isnt a huge arguement, but when trying to find a reason for unbalance, those are a few of the dissimilarities between todays age and yesterdays.

Anyone feel the same or am I just missing the point of a respectful, and professional Mafia?

One things for sure,

You allow unprofessional Mafioso to hang around, you get unprofessional results.
Report Post Tip
And yet, others have been allowed to say/do much worse. Hypocrisy? Anyone? Anyone?

The problem to me isn't a lack of professionalism, there's always been that. The problem is that there has never been a balance in this world. There has always been a group that can do/say what they want, and another that couldn't.

For example...if you were to look at the number of times the "C word" has been used in reference to my lineage over the last year, I bet that number is upwards of 100 times. And were those that used the word dealt with? Of course not. Yet, others have been banned from this world for far less, including private mobmails that, while it didn't contain any profanity, hurt someone's feelings.

Now, I daren't go into why this occurs, it's safe to say I have my own opinions on this, but again, when there isn't a fair balance in a world like this, you're going to have problems.

My solution: Live the mafia way of life. You've been offended by someone, either get over it, or do something about it. People need to be held accountable for their actions, but not by laws or higher powers, but rather ethics. I suppose, this supports what you're saying to an extent, but again, it shouldn't be standards that are written down, it should be individual actions that lead to restraint or the consequences of the alternative.
Report Post Tip
All I seem to discuss these days are bloody lines.

Where is the divide on professionalism? Do we kill anyone who was unfortunate enough not to be given a good catholic name? How about the way they speak? How numbers, don't you hate those? I am tired of people telling me what they are wearing, I can see, I have eyes. How about we bring back a crack team of hitters, like the elitist genepool cleansers?

Allowances are, or rather were until yesterday, made for our world. We cannot be 100% authentic, it just is not possible. Would we not have been caught for killing 100s of bums in our careers? Would we not have been spotted broadcasting our opinions and affiliations in a very public domain and hauled in by the police?

We are being forced by powers beyond our control to change the way our streets are run and that is a shame. I however would not like to demand everyone uses a similar name, a similar quote, has a similar speech pattern or looks identical to the next person. If you notice, most of those who are given unprofessional names rarely amount to anything and are more often than not, trying to have some fun at their own expense.

With fun and entertainment being marshalled in so many aspects of our world, is it unreasonable to make some small allowances that bring a slight smile to my face? (I do grin when I see a stupid name, childish I know)

If you want to be professional and you are meticulous in your efforts, odds are you will be spotted early on and your star will rise regardless. I can understand it may seem to cheapen the authenticity of our world, but I really think we forget sometimes what the primary objective of that world is.
Report Post Tip
"We are being forced by powers beyond our control to change the way our streets are run and that is a shame. "

IMHO.... the powers that be have let the streets have much more freedom, and instead of self policing themselves, they have gone out and abused this freedom.

Instead of the leaders demanding that their members carry on with respect in public, they have let them (some of them) go on without any punishment.

Like a good parent, when the child abuses the trust, the hammer comes down and the child is held back. When the child once more proves to be worthy of the parents trust, the freedom will come back

Maturity and responsibility breeds freedoms.
Report Post Tip
You're entitled to your opinion.

I wonder if you'll feel the same way when these changes are enforced. We shall see.
Report Post Tip
It isn't really freedom, then, if the only reason the "freedom" is granted is conditional upon following an unwritten code of conduct. In such a situation, there is still rule from a "higer authority" through the middleman (the CL in this case).

There are SO freaking many concerns here. First of all, I don't like divine intervention in our world one bit. It nauseates me. We should be able to control our own destiny, good or bad, within certain limitations. Those limitations that have been "good enough" for years are STILL good enough. Which brings me to my second point. When we depart from the easily understood standards of racism, etc. into the realm of profanity, the standards can become very arbitrary. Besides being arbitrary, it's just plain bullshit that some divine force is going to symbolically wash my mouth out with soap. I'm a grown man, and I assume most others here are adults or at least old enough not to be offended by simple cuss words. If you are offended by cuss words, kindly take your happy ass elsewhere. This is no place for puritans. We do much worse than swear in our daily dealings.

Meh, I've spoken my piece on this already, so I'll depart before I get repetitive. What happens is out of our hands, and whatever happens we can either like it or leave, as has been the way with all the changes over the last year or so. Most likely I would leave. It's not that I can't live without swearing. I could do that. What I can't deal with is trying to enjoy myself while having someone looking over my shoulder and dissecting my speech for impurities every time I open my mouth.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Losing touch
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL