Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:21:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A change for the better Started by: Johnny3Tears on Feb 25, '08 02:49
Walking down main street Johnny decides to step out to a milk crate.

The future of this world seen from the past seems to be gloomy and hard to get places today with CP controlling our world. Yes some choices made by CP have been drastic and rather unorthadox. They have taken out main crew leaders and captains in the past month. What I think many have failed to see though is that in away our future is no different from our past. Wars have been fought and many have fallen. My bloodline fought against CP during the Cathycaust. Just because CP is controlling our world now doesn't mean though it's different.

Mr. Torres came to the street about what it takes just to be an average joe. Well if that's your choice then I'm sure CP has no problem with it. What they have done is brought order and a controlled state to this world. They auth yes mostly CP members, but I have spoken to some CP members already about those who hope to become a CL. They've said no different than any other CL's have expected from a Mafioso trying become a CL. Hard work for the family and to prove themselves to be able to handle a crew. I'm proud to be given great challenges. Yes it means you must work harder, but what's wrong with having to work hard to become something you want or are setting out to be? CP wasn't handed what they have now. They worked for it and killed for it. Why beat them down for something they worked for? Why not accept it as a good thing. They worked just as hard maybe even harder than other CL's who have been authed.

I take it as something as a new challenge and to prove yourself to a group. Before getting authed you had to have CL's support anyway. Yes it'll be harder not being a CP, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I'm proud to have a challenge of this nature put in front of me. Not just to work hard for my family but to get anywhere work for it. I think those who don't agree with what CP has done just look at it in a new way. Those who have fought them have died. It's a new life, build on it. If you don't think what they're doing and have done is wrong, then change it. Don't complain as a gangster and retire. This world has changed adapting to it is all we can do. I agree with what they have done and are doing. They earned what they've got.
Report Post Tip
You have an interesting post here, it gets to the point and done in a formal manner without really trying to chop anyone's balls off.

The CP are good people and some people believe as you said, they make harsh decisions at times.

If you really think about it though, I'll bet that if 90% of the people in this game were to be in there shoes, they would do anything and everything in there power to save/protect there family/capo's. I know I would.
Report Post Tip
I would as well.

Some eyes of mafioso's have been opened and some aren't liking what the future has in store for us. I just hope they try looking at it in a different perspective. A neutral state even.
Report Post Tip
I hardly doubt theres ever going to be a good long lasting neutral state around here for awhile.

This is a mafia style based game, what people do in the mafia? Kill people, mug people, do drug runs ect.

It would be a very nice thing if there was one though :)
Report Post Tip
What I'm meaning is neutral point of view on how things have changed you know?

Going from multiple different people to running this world of ours to a group of close mafioso.
Report Post Tip
People have to either deal with the new group in power or try to do something about it. Yes those that have tried have died, but you must do everything for what you believe in, even if it means death. CP surely has, and I am damn proud of what they are doing. They run the world exactly how any other group in power has done. They take care of anyone that seems to be threat, they are thinking of the safety of their family and friends, and that is what this is all about...protection, and CP are doing a damn good job at it.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I have the deepest respect for CP and are damn proud of what they have accomplished.
Report Post Tip
ah, well mostly people like to have there friends authed so they can run different cities together, also there's more of a trust bond between friends when they're both bold together
Report Post Tip
all that i see CP run this world by finding people that arnt with CP and wait for them to sleep and kill them off i just look at it as a cowards way of doing things why dont they wait for a fair fight?

fair enough there well organised and all that ill hand it to them they are but are they doing things the right way i dont think so ruling by fear or ruling with paranoia make up your own minds.
Report Post Tip
I would first off like to say, I am very disappointed. Only hours after I set up my own family, I hear a speech entitled "A change for the better", so naturally I expected a healthy dose of sycophantic praise, but this seems not to be the case.

Nevertheless, you raise some very valid issues which I can't help but comment on, being the outspoken so and so that I am.

I don't necessarily agree with the statement that it will be harder if you aren't a CPer, my own auth suggests otherwise when my rank is taken into consideration. Similarly, the current captains speak volumes for me. All three, Intervention, Skepta and Limoncello were not expected auths. Without any CP affiliation, bar their actual family, they have proved themselves worthy of captaincy; which surely promotes the fact CP are encouraging mobsters to prove themselves?

Personally, I see this period as being no different from any other in our past. Cp have told the masses that they must prove themselves worthy of responsibility, and lo and behold, the worthy have been given responsibility.

The only counter arguments are the wars CP have engaged in recently, which I believe has been severely hyped and overstated. It is my view that the leader's who've died would've died under the "reign" of a different faction, CP have just acted as a catalyst and instigated the wars sooner than the majority had assumed.

The complaint that every leader who has died has been a non-CP leader holds no weight with me, it is discounted every time by the aforementioned Captaincy auths.
Report Post Tip
CP is no different in their methods of domination than BadAss, Tita's cohorts, UN and many other groups in the history.

I suppose one can say that its "their turn now"

Make the best of it.
Report Post Tip
I've always been under the impression that "Mafia" is about organized crime..

To do well at organized crime, you must have a certain amount of power to succeed, but at the same time, trying to stop other familes from taking over and reaping all the profits, so, what do you do? you take down the possible threats that could take your family out of business, or, if it came to it, take your family down completely.

Now, although I am in a family which is controlled by a "CP" member, I am in no way or form involved with the "CP" disscussions, so my next statement is completely neutral and takes no sides just because of who my leader is.

"CP" = at the moment, the powerful force of our community, do they wish to continue like this? of course they do! who wouldn't?

If I was in their possition of power and knowing just how many people wanted to see me dead, I would do everything in my power to eliminate all possible threats, even if I was wrong..better safe than sorry, eh?

Anyway, moving on, as already said in a previous reply, CP have done no diffrent then many of the other leaders have done in the past, they have power, they wish to keep it, and if authing fellow CP members is the way to play it safe, than so it shall be, who are we to question the actions of the great and powerful leaders of today?

Like everyone, their time will come when they least expect it, perhaps it will be an inside job, perhaps one will get greedy, shoot a protential target and have that target fire back and kill the CP leader..this world is full of supprises, no one will ever know for sure what is going to happen, till it happends.

V.Sennheiser
Report Post Tip
PrinceOfCheese, authed by Badass Inc.

Cathy_Parks, authed by Badass Inc.

a1capon3 and Luki went bold in the war.

Luki and Cathy_Parks die, a1capon3 inherits the R.F.C. and the city he won, Chicago.

Altitude is authed by PrinceOfCheese.

a1capon3 dies and Cab_Tufting is granted Chicago.

What am I rambling about?

One auth has been a CP member, the other 4 have gone to people who worked hard and earned their opportunity. Making this out as CP authing only CP members is pretty inaccurate. At least wait until Vodoo, j0ngott1 and myself are bold before that, thanks.

I kid.

I have no idea where this belief that you'll be held back if you aren't from CP has stemmed from. Look over pretty much any of the families led by CP members, including those alive now. I see Made Men, Capos and Bosses who have argued and been in wars against CP, yet here they are holding valuable ranks and positions. I and my recent ancestors, have worked alongside people they really haven't trusted or even liked. But they were allowed the opportunity to put the effort in and prove themselves and some grasped this opportunity with both hands. I'm not at all surprised to see some people taking the cowards way out and choosing to retire. Best of luck to you, you couldn't have beaten us anyway.

CP will be knocked off the top, either by luck or by skill. Until that time, those who make the effort, display loyalty and frankly have the ability, will be rewarded. Where as, those who plot in coffeeshops and back alleys (we know better than most how to do that) will meet a swift end.
Report Post Tip
You are right Johnny3Tears, CP worked damn hard for a long, long time to get where they are today. Although in our modern world a CP iron fist no doubt has a huge influence on our way of life, yesterday couldn't have been more dissimilar.

The ancestors of the current crop of CP's in power were gunned down one by one at first sight by the powers that were. Widely viewed as an underground 'crew' that would cause anarchy in these streets if they ever fermented a position of power, the CP was given little chance of ranking up and making a legitimate name for themselves in days gone by. It took dozens of generations before any leeway was made, and just as many more generations before a crop of authorized Families branded the CP name in their makeup.

The CP are to be congratulated for where they have come and what they have achieved. They deserve it, and though people may not like it, what they do is up to them. Perhaps instead of fighting against the CP rule, people should embrace it and use the opportunities they are giving to us to become a serious player in the world. Will this rule, or dictatorship, as some people have put it, last forever? I doubt it. Along the way, someday, somewhere, someone will come along who is more hungry, more cunning and more intelligent, just that once. That's all it takes. Its part of our life, and we have seen it happen before with the United Nations. What is happening right now is nothing new; what happens in the future is up to you.

And there is no better time to start than today.

That is all.
Report Post Tip
The word 'dictatorship' really amuses me.

When was it ever a democracy?
Report Post Tip
And Numbers4Glory forgot about me :'(
Report Post Tip
It may not seem like it, but this is why we are here. If power shifts never happened, there would honestly be no point in hanging around.
Report Post Tip
Ellis really said it best :)

way to go old man
Report Post Tip
I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come off as you couldn't recieve auth Orwell or Numbers4glory. I wonder if it will be harder. I still believe mafioso who work hard can recieve auth. I just see it as being harder than before.
Report Post Tip
Everyone puts out valid opinions, it's all about the way that people take them. I believe that Numbers4Glory, Orwell and also Johnny3Tears put it out there almost nailing all there points right on the head.

It all depends on just how you feel about the organizations that are bold today.
Report Post Tip
Navy,

The way people think about the leaders today are always going to be biased, why? because most people outside CP have lost their mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters due to the power of CP.

Now, although I am not a "CP" member, I am in a family which is controlled by a "CP" member, so I am inclined to say I like "CP" , I have no problem with them, however, if I was in..say..Witches family before she died, I would say "ewww..CP f*cktards!-Kill'em!"

And...

More than likely half the people outside CP who say they "Love'em" actually really hate them and are planning an attack..who knows..

Not quite sure of the point i'm trying to make, but its there somewhere :/

V.Sennheiser
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A change for the better
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL