Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:02:04
Page:  1 
The City of Angels takes on The United Nations Started by: StinkyThumbsArbuckle on Mar 31, '20 01:15

The smelly thumbed farmer climbs off of his green and yellow John Deere D. He drives it everywhere, despite looks of disapproval from Don harison. What a baby… no really, he’s a baby...anyway, thumbs climbs onto the hay bale trailer he is pulling that is set up like a stage for him to make his announcement.

“Boy, I tell you what! It sure has been a rowdy couple a days, hasn’t it?!” 

Thumbs pulls his cob pipe from his overalls, strike a match on the back of his britches and tokes it ‘til it lights. He continues 

“With every storm there comes the following sunshine. It’s important for things to grow, you see. You need to have the rain with the sunshine or the crops will dry up; things don’t grow without rain, friend.” 

He looks around at the confused crowd, all shaking their heads in disbelief, except one guy in the back, who is nodding like he knows something no one else knows...Thumbs shakes it off and gets to the point.

“First a huge thank ya to Don West, who has allowed harison to continue on the legacy of The United Nations here in Los Angeles. Again, we thank you Don West for your leadership.”

Stinky raises a scuffed thumbs with god knows what under the nail.

harison, congratulations on your family, you deserve it Don harison. It is my pleasure to spend time as your humble farm hand and tiller of the land. We’ll build this farm..erm..city to be fruitful as a giving environment.” For ya’ll that like a sense of family unlike any you have ever seen, I tell ya, the place is in LA. Come find us. You always have a place at the table.” 

StinkyThumbs takes a long toke on his pipe, grips it between his tooth and upper gums, climbs down off of his makeshift stage and makes his way to the tractor. He tips his hat to the crowd and winks at the ladies. He then climbs into the spring mounted seat, pushes up the RPMs and putters off downtown. As he drives away you hear him yell out.

“YEEHAW AND BOY HOWDY!”

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

After the dust settled from StinkyThumbs' departure via his prized, unusually loud and slow tractor, harison stepped forward from amongst the crowd, no one previously noticing him because of his small stature and subtle demeanor.   He climbs on the shoulders of a man in the front row with surprising ease, like a cowboy mounting his trusted steed.  

"Hello all, I am harison!  While I don't agree with his level of hygiene, I wholeheartedly concur with everything StinkyThumbsArbuckle has said.  In fact, I instructed him to say everything he did but snuck down here myself to see if actually would, as he can easily be distracted sometimes not to mention the unreliability of his tractor these days." 

The crowd is stunned with the young man's vocabulary and articulate thoughts.

"I want to personally thank Don West for this opportunity and look forward to nurturing and swaddling the city of Los Angeles as if it was my first born child."

The ironic nature of the simile is not lost on the crowd, many of which have puzzled faces. 

"Come stop by our brand new headquarters downtown, we are doing a diaper drive right now so if you have any UNUSED diapers to donate, it would be greatly appreciated!"

harison points towards the direction of downtown, LA and the man whose shoulders he was sitting on starts walking quickly in that direction.... 

Report Post Tip

Desmond steps out from the crowd to shake his new bosses hand "Harison It is a pleasure to get the chance to work with you again I have the upmost confidence you will do us all proud, I know for a fact we will make LA great". With that said Desmond nods to his boss and heads to the hq to get himself acquainted with the rest of the United Nations.

Report Post Tip

Diego looks at the funny looking farmer standing in the streets

Now I've seen everything. Nevertheless I'm delighted to be joining Don harison as he begins his adventure in L.A. You've proven yourself an honorable and hard working member of this world. I would encourage people to come visit our HQ in Downtown.

Anyways, to the barn....ahem I mean bar. Dammit!

Throws a filthy look towards StinkyThumbs

Report Post Tip

Rochelle made her way over to the United Nations headquarters hauling two boxes of 100% cotton diapers. She just couldn’t miss the celebration for harison.  They had met for a brief while during the bloody war.  She was happy he survives and wanted to congratulate him and wish him well in Los Angeles.

The crowd around finally thinned out around harison and Rochelle was able to approach him.  She takes two glasses filled with champagne off the tray of one of the waiters passing by.  She handed harison a glass and held hers up for a toast.

Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”

Report Post Tip

West listened to all the speeches and well wishers with a large smile. It was happy day for all seeing the UN moving in to rebuild the great city of Los Angeles. 

The UN have been great friends and allies ever since we were thrown together in Seattle, far better than I deserved or hoped for. Your whole organisation fought hard, and have more than earned your own city, not to mention a break from the distinctly unpleasant Seattle and Chicago climates you're used to!

It's definitely a shame that some of your members aren't around to see the organisation back to it's former glory, but you've proven yourself to be a great leader harison , and I'm already seeing some very familiar looking young faces around our streets working for the UN. 

I wish you the best of luck, and please don't forget that you'll always have a grateful friend in Seattle. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

"Often in times a crisis the previously quiet man rises up to the challenge grasps the nettle by the thorns and shows true leadership.

harison My father and all members of the United Nations would be so proud in what you have achieved and how you have picked up the heavy mantle and ploughed on.

It is a great privilege to work under you and with you, my fathers journals described how you would always be there when the need arose and I can see that now.  Keep working hard and doing what you do, despite nefarious attempts of some the United Nations lives on and will continue to live on. Under you stewardship I have no doubt the city of angles with become the shining light of the country wide operation!"

EvilClown- erects a banner in the middle of downtown

1041 Family First 

Report Post Tip
*door's knocking*

- « Kris !? Chris ! Mister ... Napolitano ? I'am the delivery boy, I have a letter for you.»

*20$ tip passed through the door*

- « That's for you, now ... drop the f**** letter and get out of here.» replied a man with an Italian accent.

- «Thanks sir ...!»
* The kid tooked the bill and run off, we hear his foot steps while he is litteraly jumping stairs*

- « Kids nowaday ... What a mess. Or maybe these american kids, they need some oil olive ...» said kris to himself after looking at his face in a mirror.

- « ... Not ugly enough, grazie a te santa maria»

*opened the letter while reciting a gospel of « In nominé patré»*

When he received that invitation from the Right-Hand of his family, Kris putted his best suit and cleaned his shoes as an authentic sicilian would do.
Since he left "La casa del Don" in Napoli, few years ago, by crossing the Atlantic in a clandestine boat. He has never been in places where will be so many great people of this world of ours, until this night.

Streets of Downtown (LA) were strongly renforced by patrol guards, civilian working for us as snitches and lookouts, but life was following its rythm without any heat or suspicion. How ever, a great meeting is taking place. Even the cats noticed that, they gathered to eat what will be left after dinner.

Kris arrived finaly to the family hq, he shout out guards in the front door.

-« You know who's in this place, right ? These are the elits son ! So behave well, capisce ? »

-« si, ho capito. Alora puoi intrare ?»

The man opened the door. Glasses of champagne and liquors were chocking all over the room as marks of joice and célébration. Civar's parfum was a delicate smell that melt in noise's.

The time came for him to announce greating for his Boss, Don Harison. A man that placed trust on him and hired him under his regime. A man of great considération and respect.
Even if kris was barely able to speack english, he made an attempt:

« Don Harison
Its with a deep feeling full of honor and friendship that I present you my sincere greetings, may the UN participate in a golden age in this world of ours - * kris couldnt resist and said in their common language*- Sono molto felice Don ! Auguri a noi, spero che seranno una parte della storia ! E non demantichi che siamo tutti con voi capo ! ( greetings for us, I hope that we will left another mark on the story of the world of ours, and never forget, we are all with you boss)

Kris kissed his don's hand and stepped back while inclining himself.

As he was leaving the place, he found another great icon of this word of ours, Don West, a man with great class. Kris approached him and said :
-« Miei salutazione Don West, great honors, thanks by making this happening.»
By making a respectuous sign of his head, kris found out the leaving door.

- « So, kid. You have never tought that a world like this one exists right ? » said the guard with a large smile.
«- It definitly reminds me to take english classes, but I think that our job's lessons are enough.»
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The City of Angels takes on The United Nations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL