Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 23:11:04
Page:  1 
Responsibilities of Sponsors Started by: EvilClown- on Apr 02, '20 14:31

Noticed that there seems to be a small if not potentially far reaching change to the game.  Sponsors are now seemingly held to the same standards as hands?

Are you sure you want to ASSIGN A.N.Other AS A SPONSOR? I also agree that I will take full responsibility for this persons past present and future actions, and that my account may be tied to theirs if problems arise. I certify that all upper structure has been informed of this and also agrees. I certify that I myself have personally fully trained this person and they are fully informed of their responsibilities.

Does this mean punsihment / DD's for all the upper structure should an assigned sponsor set outside of the game rules?

There have been many discussions in the past regards only making very trusted persons hands and how that potentially stifles new talent coming through.  One way of slowly gaining trust and respect of someone you could not yet fully trust was to assign them as a sponsor, this now appears to be taken away.  Thoughts welcome, especially from squishy .

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Very interesting change. In all honesty I doubt it's going to be impactful though.

Very few people bother their arse when it comes to being a sponsor.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Can any of the admins explain if a sponsor breaks a game rule then the upper structure of that family will suffer consequences?

Report Post Tip

EvilClown-

When it comes to new members, we put all our eggs in one basket - you. *One* bad sponsor can easily piss away hundreds of dollars of advertising in a month.  This is not a large game with an unlimited budget, this is a game whose advertising budget comes down to how much room I have left on my credit card.

This was put in so that the crewleaders take an active interest in who they select to represent them and to motivate them to stay on top of their sponsors.  If we keep having no-contacts, and the notifications are ignored by the upper structure - then the upper structure needs to be notified in other ways, like tossed in admin jail.  This policy was now put in writing so that upper structure won't be surprised when they are held accountable by their actions or inaction.  Everything your sponsor does is effectively done under your permission.  Every action they do has to represent you and your wishes.  You can no longer just enjoy the benefits of their successes, you must now own their failures too.

TLDR; We had a crap ton of sponsors do no contacts, like 5x the average in a 24h period, we tossed people in jail - people bitched they were held accountable.  Now there's a warning.

Report Post Tip

Re-reading your question, I think I need to expand the answer a little bit more. 

This policy was put in with no-contacts in mind after large blowback from upper structure wondering why they should be accountable for their sponsors actions for a huge number of no-contacts.

This policy can also cover other incidents.  If you give sponsor abilities to NaziLove33 and he starts sending ascii swastikas to people, you're going to have a bad time.  If you give sponsor abilities to someone who has been admin wacked for something and you know this, and they do it again - you are going to have a bad time.

People with official positions are held to a higher standard.  People look up to you.  Ensure that everyone you give an official position to has *your* best interest in mind.  When you slap your name on someone, you are vouching for them in every way.  This is to make sure that the decision is made with the utmost respect it deserves when selecting who to speak and act upon your behalf.

Report Post Tip

I think sponsorship is not as big a deal as it once was or should be. A sponsor is supposed to get money, but no CLs give it to them. Sponsors are supposed to be responsible for training their associates, but they're not. Sponsors are basically supposed to be mini-CLs, but they aren't.

Report Post Tip

If you give sponsor abilities to someone who has been admin wacked for something and you know this, and they do it again - you are going to have a bad time.

My concern about this example specifically is that there are strict rules about asking about bloodlines, which I fully endorse. But it seems odd that crewleaders/upper strucutre will be held accountable for information that they shouldn't have. It can obviously cause concerns about creating an environment in which it is more and more discouraged for crewleaders to allow anyone who they cannot vouch for over years of cooperation into any position of any significance. 

Or am I just being stupid and the important contingency is "and you know this"? Although that seems hard to prove in any case. 

Correct me if I am wrong but the rule on asking about bloodlines is :

You can not ask a players bloodline until they have become a made man.

This as far as I interpret it  means once they are a made man you can ask them their bloodline.

Then you can decide at this point if they are sponsor worthy.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Thank you for clearing that up Coral

I think sponsorship is not as big a deal as it once was or should be. A sponsor is supposed to get money, but no CLs give it to them. Sponsors are supposed to be responsible for training their associates, but they're not. Sponsors are basically supposed to be mini-CLs, but they aren't.

SamAdams that statement is not 100% true if you are including CLs prior to the current regime of leaders.  My bloodline has personally assisted TazioLeonetti 's bloodline when CL several times now (as well as when my bloodline was CL too) with earnings reports and separate document reports including sponsor payouts, giving EACH sponsor in the family the FULL amount of whatever their associate brought in via voting, taxes, and donations combined.

I've even shown one of these docs to Squishy in the past along with a family tree, but he has a lot on his plate so not sure he'd remember it off the top of his head right now.  I believe I still have some googledocs with information of these payouts, and all glitter-free so don't worry Squishy! 

So I'd just like to say that not ALL CLs keep the cash designated for their sponsors because I can tell you of two CL bloodlines who did give to their sponsors.

Also I forgot to add that prior regimes or current leaders... no one knows the inner workings of each and every family, and how they handle their business, so saying "but no CLs give it to them" might not be accurate.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Responsibilities of Sponsors
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL