Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 01:49:02
Page:  1 
The Bank Job Started by: SalvatoreMaranzano on Mar 06, '11 23:08

Sal stepped out of The Morningwood Elite's HQ, taking a lung full of the fresh Chicago air as he did so. He turned to his left, and began walking down the street towards the local café. He needed a refreshment if he was going to go through with what he had planned today. As he neared the café, a young boy ran into him, falling over because of the impact, the little boy dragged himself back to him feet and looked up at Sal. He then smiled cheekily and ran away without saying a word. 'Kids these days' Sal thought. 'They don't know how good they got it'

Sal continued his walk into the café, approaching the counter and waiting to be served, . A few seconds later what seemed to be a teenage girl approached Sal.

"Can I help you?" Asked the girl

Sal now realised this girl worked at the café, so he turned to her and smiled

"I'll take a large coffee please, in fact, make that two large coffees" He replied

The girl nodded, and scurried away behind the counter to make Sal's drink. As she did so, Sal spotted a nice seat over by the window, and proceeded towards it and sat down. He crossed his arms and placed them on the table, sighing as he did so. He knew what he had to do today, and the whole thing was racking his brain while he thought about it.

A few minutes later the girl approached Sal's table with the two cups of coffee, Sal nodded as she neared the table and placed them down. She then quickly scurried back behind the counter to serve the next customer. Sal chuckled to himself and took a sip of his coffee, Lord knew he would need all the alertness he could get if he was going to pull this off

Mumbling to himself, Sal took off his overcoat and hung it over the back of his chair. Taking a couple more sips of his coffee and returning to his previous sitting position, Sal had a confused look on his face. He was still unsure whether he should go along with the plan. The risk was high, but so was the payout.

Half an hour passed, and Sal was half was through his second coffee. He decided he would finish the rest on his way to his destination. He put his overcoat back on, stood up and picked up his coffee. Placing a couple of dollars on the table he nodded towards the girl and walked out of the café. He began walking towards the location, but at a much slower pace than he had before,. It was at this moment, that he knew he was going through with the plan. His pace quickened ever so slightly, and his confused look turned to one of determination.

As Sal approached the bank, he saw the men he had talked to previously stood a few yards away from the entrance. He casually walked to them. He knew he couldn't do this alone, and these men came highly recommended from the Godfather himself

"Ok then boys, we get in, we get the cash, we get out. I've already run you through the plan and we don't want to be in there any longer than we have to be."

The men nodded as Sal spoke, each understanding the job they had to do once inside. Sal had tried to be smart about this, he had chosen men who would make this all the easier a job to pull off. First, he knew he needed a safecracker, essential for any bank job. The other three men were regular gunmen, who knew how to hold their own in a heated situation. Sal nodded to the men, indicating that the job was starting. They walked towards the entrance

"One more thing lads. I don't want any unnecessary bloodshed. Let's keep the murders to a minimum shall we?"

The men nodded, before walking in, Sal followed them and the commotion started happening…

(OOC: This is a completely open RP. Anybody can join and decide to play any of the roles I've laid out. Safecracker or one of the other men. I understand anybody would not be able to join in a job like this in the real world. I thought it would be better to allow anybody from the community to join in though.)

Report Post Tip

Simplicity watched as the men headed in. Shaking her head she knew that things could get a bit careless if she didn't show up. People would get suspicious and it was her job to keep that to a minimum. She was here to make sure the police were busy outside and paying no attention to what was going on inside the bank. 

Seeing the door close behind the guys that went in it was now her turn. She fixed her dress, reapplied some lipstick to her lips, and then checked her hair. Looking from side to side she then pushed herself off the of wall she had been leaning on to begin heading down the sidewalk. She had to slow her pace down as to time everything perfectly. If she didn't it could cost herself her own life. Seeing the light turn red she knew it wouldn't take too long to change to green. Once the cars started moving again she waited for a space to cut across. 

Seeing the police car that made his routine stop by the bank it was now time to pick it up. Speeding up her walk she headed out onto the street. She didn't use a crosswalk like you are supposed to and ignored anything coming. The cars weren't allowed to go very fast down this road, but some didn't care to follow the rules. Seeing the opportunity she had been waiting for she grabbed it. She slowed her pace and the car heading her way didn't have time to stop. 

The pain and the impact happened all at once as she felt the cars bumper hit her legs and sweep her off her feet. She landed on top of the car only to then roll off onto the ground. Screaming out she began to cry and watched as the police man came running. He wasn't going to be checking the bank anytime soon.

People on the sidewalks stood there in shock at what had just happened. Yet, Simplicity had executed their strategy without fault, at least for now. 

Laying there she could feel tears run down her face. The car wasn't going too fast, but the impact was still enough to do some damage. Her leg was bleeding and her side was pretty bruised up. The police officer didn't want to touch her to much in fear that she could have a broken rib or two. So he just called in for help while asking the crowd to stay back and continue to where they were headed. Only a few budged from their spot, while the rest stayed and watched.

Report Post Tip

After hearing the commotion outside Sal knew Simplicity had done her job perfectly. By this time he was already in the bank and approaching the clerk. His men were standing in the other queues for the other clerks, as to make sure none of them would raise the alarm. As he came closer to the clerks desk, he noticed the security guard standing in the corner. He was a big guy, and didn't look like he could move too fast. Regardless, he could be significantly detrimental to the plan. Sal looked over to one of his men and nodded towards the security guard, the man nodded back to Sal and began slowly walking over towards him, stopping a few yards away.

Sal was now the next person in line to the clerks desk, he looked across at the other queues and noticed the guys were in a decent position to get things going. He casually walked up to the desk

"Good afternoon sir, how may I help you today?" Asked the clerk

"I'm here to make a withdrawal" Replied Sal

"Ok. How much do you wish to withdraw, sir?" The clerk asked

Sal then put his hand inside his jacket, pushing it back so his gun was visible to the clerk. "Everything" He replied. The clerk had now gone into a state of shock, and wasn't moving very smoothly looking over to her colleagues, she could see that Sal's men had them in the same situation. She looked back at Sal, and then over to the security guard, who smiled. One of Sal's men had gotten closer to the security guard, and offered him a small cut of the profits, if he was to keep his nose out.

"I may not have made myself clear miss. Do I need to remind you of what I have here?" Sal asked

"N-n-n-no. Your request will b-b-be fulfilled s-sir" Stuttered the clerk

Sal nodded and smiled, before nodding to the safecracker he had bought along. The safe cracker made his way to the vault, and began his work

Report Post Tip

At the time the robbers came into the door, Yuri had his hand on the grip of his colt 1917 pistol, when the men came in, he pulled out the gun and went behind the closest desk. He counted to ten, and decided that noone saw him, he reached over and grabbed a phone off of the desk and called 911. If he wasn't going to rob this bank, noone was. And if they caught him and let him help, it'll be alot more fun. He hung up the phone and at that moment he heard someone walk into the office that he was in.

Report Post Tip

Sal, with a confused look on his face, looks into one of the offices to find Yuri, dialing '911' into a telephone. With the confused look still on his face, Sal tapped Yuri on the shoulder. Yuri turns around and stands up.

"Why are you dialing 911? Who are you contacting!?" Sal asks sternly

He then pulls the telephone cord out of the telephone and smashed the handset into pieces. He walks back over to the clerk, who is still shaking

"Everything is going to be fine, nobody is going to get hurt" Sal explains

(OOC: 911 was not established as an emergency number for the United States until 1968. This game is set in the 1930's. Stick to the time period)

Report Post Tip

(OOC: My apologies, I did not know that. Should've checked first.)

Yuri is surprised when the man seems unafraid from him dialing the number.

It is a line for some associates I've met through the mafia, they should be here to help. If they decide to come.

He pulls his colt revolver, then he hurdles over the tellers desk and punches one executive in the face.

Are you going to reach for alarm again? You should, I am a little bored and my arms need a workout, and silk suits are such a fine punching bag.

The man reels back in fright from the threat and gets back on the floor.

Mr robber, first, I did not catch your name, second, I've got crowd control.

Report Post Tip

Sal grabs Yuri and pulls him back over the counter, backhanding him across the face

"That's it, you're off the job, we're trying to do this without attracting more attention to ourselves than we already have. Punching people in the face is not going to accomplish that."

Sal turns back to the clerk, shaking even more so now, while Yuri walks out of the bank

"I'm sorry about him, but you have my word, nobody will be hurt, we just want the money, and then we'll be gone"

Report Post Tip

Kimble had brought all his tools with him.  A stethoscope, a hand drill, and a small charge of dynomite.  That safe was as good as open already.  He moved towards the back of the bank while Simplicity and Salvatore when he heard the distinct sound of a phone being hung up.  He jerked his head to the left to see a little man in a tie crouched behind the bank managers desk.  Drawing his gun, Kimble fired a single shot, clipping Yuri directly in the shoulder.  Blood spattering all over the book shelf as Yuri fell to the ground, yelling in agony.  Kimble strowed into the office, drew his pistol and stuck it into Yuri's mouth.  "Did you call the police" Kimble asked calmly.  The mans eyes were coulded with pain as he slowly nodded yes. 

Kimble drove the gun deep into the Yuri's throat, his voice being reduced to a low gurgle.  "We don't take kindly to rats in our business, no matter what city you hail from." He growled into Yuri's ear.  He held his pistol in his mouth a moment longer, then violently jerked it out and cracked him across the face with hit.  Yuri was knocked out cold.  He lay motionless on the stone floor, blood slowly trickling out of his shoulder wound.  He should kill the miserable man, but Godfather RoRoG wouldn't appriciate such a hostile act.  He left the man laying behind the desk.  The police would find him soon enough.

Kimble walked calmly back into the main lobby as Salvatore was securing the last patron.  They had not come here for blood, only money.  All of the tellers and patrons had been detained as Salvatore stood up. 

"The rat fuck called the police. We don't have much time."

Report Post Tip

Sal shook his head as he heard Kimble's voice grow from a murmur to a distinct shout. He would often drift into little daydreams. This one included the plan nearly being ballsed up, however it would seem the last 3 minutes hadn't happened and Yuri hadn't walked out the bank, he had in fact been shot in the shoulder

"Sorry about that guys, drifted off slightly. I'm fully concentrated now" Sal explained

The clerk now had a confused look on her face, as she was still shaking nervously. Sal smiled to her and he placed his hands on the counter. As he did so, Yuri could be heard calling out in pain.

"Will somebody shut him up please! Someone outside could hear him!" Sal shouted

Kimble began shoving tissue paper into Yuri's mouth to mask the noise, before walking back down to the back of the room and continuing on with the safe. Sal turned back to the clerk, and smiled again

"This must just be the damn weirdest Bank robbery you've ever herd of eh? I sure wasn't expecting all this, that's for sure" Sal let out a small chuckle while speaking

He then turned to face the rest of the bank. his other associates were doing their job perfectly, nobody was harmed, and the security guard had kept his mouth shut. All Sal could think about now was how Simplicity was feeling. She'd took one for the team, and he just hoped she was alright.

Report Post Tip

Grabbing his bag off the floor, Kimble set to work on the vault.  It was a standard Shermans Bank Safe with a large combination lock on the front, and a tri-axel crank to open. Pretty typical for a master safe cracker such as himself.  His current record was 8 minutes, but this time would have to be faster.  He set to work in front of the safe he pulled out his drill and started to make a small hole right above the locking mechanism.  This part would take the longest, drilling through the steel.  He put the stethoscope against wall of metal to hear the exact point when he breached the internal locking box.  A few minutes later, with a faint change in sound, the drill passed into the internal lock box.  Kimble stepped back to examine the hole carefully.  It was just wide enough to pass the charges into the box with a long wick to lite.  

Kimble turned to Salvatore and smiled.  This was the best part of the job.  He began to insert the dynomite one by one until all 4 where inside, connected by the wick.  The wick trailed onto the floor and back to the front desk where Salvatore was rifling through the tellers drawers and filling his berlap sack with money.  It is ready my friend.  you want to light this one?

Report Post Tip

Sal smiled to Kimble, a smile which soon had a hint of evil in it. He'd always wanted to blow something up. But he knew after doing so, they would have to leave fast, as the explosion would certainly attract the local authorities.

"Don't mind if I do mate, been looking forward to this bit!" Sal gleamed as he spoke

He took the wick from Kimble's hand and lighted the end, watching intensely as the flame burned along the wick, getting ever closer to the dynamite. Each foot it was getting faster and faster, and Sal's grin grew wider and wider.

"Here it comessss!" Sal exclaimed as the burning wick got to the safe

An extrememly loud bang came next, with everybody inside the bank holding their ears. It only took 10 seconds for Sal to sort himself out.

"Right, everybody, grab a bad and start loading up, we got 5 minutes tops before the cops get here"

Sal hurried to grab a bag, throwing one to Kimble while the other guys grabbed theirs, running to the vault they began piling as much cash as they could into each one

Report Post Tip

Fulmine was a little bored. That was how well this job was going. Except for that bit the Russian. shakes head When he had heard about this bank job he couldn't resist the opportunity to work with the Chicagoans. After paying off the Guard there was nothing else for him to do. As Fulmine surveyed the crowd he noticed a man in his late twenties, on the floor, slowly reaching for something in his waistband. Fulmine smiled.....was this some possible action? As he approached the man he pulled out his Enfield revolver and snuck up behind the man and placed the bullet behind his head.

" Dont be a hero buddy. Put your hands up slowly." " Relax man. I was just reaching to adjust my wallet." " likely story bud. Keep your hands where i can see them and get up." As the man followed his instructions Fulmine kept his weapon trained on the target. When the man had gotten up Fulmine spoke to another hostage laying on the floor. (OOC im assuming there are still civilians in the bank?) "Get up and search the Gentleman over there" As the hostage searched the man he pulled out a badge and his service pistol. " So your a cop? Interesting.....Hey there Boss man. Seems we got an officer of the law in here among us. What do you want me to do with him?"

Report Post Tip

(OOC i meant barrel not bullet behind his head)

Report Post Tip

Melien knew this was his moment. he looked up at the man who had told him to search the cop.

"Don't sweat this one, i've got him covered. you go ahead and keep doing what your doing, and i'll make sure he stays quiet."

Picking up the pistol, Melien gestured the cop towards the desk, taking the safedeposit key from the bank worker, he spoke up

"Anyone with a safe deposit key, come here. one at a time, put you hand into your pocket, and bring out the key, Slowly."

Melien collected the keys and headed for the deposit boxes

Report Post Tip

Sal, still loading bags with cash, turned to fulmine

"Leave him, take his badge and gun and leave him be, just make sure he doesn't go running out the bank."

Sal continued to load more bags with cash, looking over to Kimble doing the same.

"Fulmine, go and keep a look out outside, as I said, that explosion would've gathered attention, you see anything suspicious, you come back in here and let me know
"Kimble, you ok over there bud?"

Sal stopped for a minute and wiped the sweat from him forehead, turning back to fulmine as he began walking to the front door

"Fulmine! Wait one second. Throw me the security box keys, I'll start rooting through them"

Report Post Tip

When Fulmine heard his name he turned around."Fulmine! Wait one second. Throw me the security box keys, I'll start rooting through them"

At this he headed towards Melien. "Hey there bud, mind throwing me those keys?" Fulmine waited as melien put the keys in a bag and tossed them to him. Fulmine caught the bag and handed it over to Sal. He then headed towards the windows of the banks and began setting up a barricade with the scattered chairs and table.just in case we need to slow down the cops. As he finished setting up his little obstacle course he noticed some movement from the corner of his eye. damn whats up with this bank? it has to be more than just a bank.

Report Post Tip

(OOC: just to let you know when i write in bold he is speaking aloud but to no one in particular and when its in italics then he is thinking...im sure you know what the quotation marks mean)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Bank Job
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL