Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:44:47
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Journaling Should Not Yield VIP Points/Entries Started by: Isadora on Apr 07, '20 19:18

What is your idea?

I would like to suggest that 'double posts' (two posts made one immediately after the other by the same author) do not yield points for the VIP rankings or lottery.

Has your idea already been suggested in some form or another before? 

Not exactly in this way.  It has been mentioned in comments responding to other proposals though.

What does your idea entail?

Only originals posts, or those following another person's post, gain points in the ViP system or entries to the credit lottery.

Examples =

Bob: Hi  (gains points)
Bob:  I said hello?  (gains no points)
Julie:  Hi Bob  (gains points)
Bob:  Finally someone else replied! (gains points)
Bob: Isn't anyone else going to reply?  (no points)
Julie:  I think that's about it bob.  (gainst points)
Bob:  Okay (gains points)

Bob:  Bob walked down the street (gains points)
Bob: Bob ate an apple (no points)
Bob: Bob shot his enemy.  (no points)
Bob:  Bob went home and had some tea.  (no points)

How can your idea be successfully implemented into the game as it stands?

Admittedly I have no idea what back end changes would be necessary but I'm guessing that's where the major changes would occur.

What major changes would be needed to make your idea work?

See the previous answer.

What is the positive impact of your idea?

Ideally, it will encourage the most prolific writers in the community, if they are motivated by greed, to reach out to others to write with or to make their posts less journal based.

If someone is writing journals for character development at least people would no longer be able to say they are writing out of a desire for credits and hopefully some of the constant bitching in the community can die down.

What is the negative impact of your idea?

I hate the fact that this system basically says that people who enjoy writing prose by themselves should be less valued in the community and a few folks might feel offended by that.  However, this is a community and the idea is to encourage people to interact so it's basically a lesser of two evils situation.

How may your idea affect the rest of the userbase?

Hopefully, we'll see more people writing together in groups and hear less complaining.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I am in full support of this innovation and congratulate Isadora for her idea

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

+1 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

-1 from me. 

If we change it. I'd prefer that it is a steady decline in rewards for this style. I do not believe anyone should be forced to write with others whether a handful of people enjoy reading it or not. For example:

If somebody writes 10 posts in a row on their own thread/story we would not see them stop receiving credit towards VIP on post two of it. It could be something like this I suppose....

• Initial Thread (gains full points)
  • First post (gains 75% of what would be mathematically equal to full points)
  • Second post (gains 50%)
  • Third post (gains 35%)
  • Fourth post (gains 25%)
  • Fifth post (gains 10%)

And so on...

This would help to limit the return for posting by yourself while also not totally punishing those who write like that, but in much smaller amounts compared to the main culprit of all these complaints known as ScottMcCall.

Sure, Scott could move to only writing stories that involved 5 posts per....but even with that each of those 5 posts would not be equivalent to 100% points gained towards VIP Credits.

I'm also not opposed to Sisyphus' suggestion in Lounge where we see a monthly cap or something similar. Perhaps not as low as 50 credits...but when somebody hits the limit then those other writers would then have higher chances of getting credits till they hit their cap as well. Trickle down economics! :P

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

So basically I don't like the way you write so I want it penalized?

That is mostly what I have been seeing with these posts. Within the streets in rp form also.

All I mostly see is "you either role play the way I say or do not at all." 

Who cares about creativity, no one it seems. Or trying to make suggestions that work for all writers not just those who agree and write the way you do.   Who cares about if  people are comfortable writing.  It has to be regimented this way or not done at all mentality will kill role play all together here.  < sarcasm in there if you did not detect it.

Really it is stuff like this why people are simply choosing to not post and you wonder why there are spells of times when   people  are not posting  and the "streets are dead". It is because of control of creativity tactics like this.

You should be more supportive of people writing , their writing style and their creativity.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

You know, I think we should ease up on this a little.  Let everyone chill and collect their thoughts.

Report Post Tip

+1 from me.  

Report Post Tip

Why stop at penalizing the journalers? Tomes dropped on our Streets, novels that have been under construction for weeks amongst two, maybe three people, suddenly dropped on a street corner don't exactly foster a 'come interact with us' atmosphere, either.

Any monetary penalties need to apply to these folks as well, because they're doing it for the same reason as the journalers, whether that means 'character development', attempts at entertaining others (I say 'attempt' because very few players are going to click on a thread that just turned up containing 54 replies), or raping the credit/vision system. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Journaling Should Not Yield VIP Points/Entries
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL