Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:12:14
Page:  1 
Tranquil New York . . . (RP) Started by: Rhuarc on Feb 26, '08 03:40
I used to walk around New York with my Smith and Wesson half out the holster waiting to be bludgeoned by a bunch of thugs with a blackjack for small change.

Now, walking through the streets of New York City at 06:00, I can sense it's changed, the big apple is different. The shops are grander, the bars are calmer, the whole place has a tranquil feel of structure, of organisation. Everyone knows their place, knows their purpose and life seems to be on the up.

Reaching for a newspaper off the stand, I glance at the front page:

"A Second Auth in Las Vegas"

I heard about this, the Wildcards have moved up from a sub-crew in New York to joint owners of Vegas. Good for them!

I continue to read:

"New York Business District thriving"

An article about the latest bars and club's in New York, I thought about the bar I like to frequent. . .

"Put the paper down Rhuarc"

The voice is shaky, he's nervous, nervous is good, I can take advantage of nervous but I can also feel the barrel of a shotgun pressed against my head.

I tell him in as calm a voice as I can muster "I'm putting the paper down nice and slow."

I can feel him looking around, anxious behind me.

*BANG*

I look round and he's on the floor dead, the gunshot was a rifle, knowing they're still watching, I casually pick up the paper when I see at the top of my field of vision in the alley opposite, a figure standing in the shadows. . . .
Report Post Tip
The figure stands in the shadows and then vanish as he was not there

Leaving you to ponder who was that mysterious man in the shadows
Report Post Tip
"What the . . . "

I look around, checking the streets to see if anyone else saw anything, it's just me and a dead guy now.

*Siren*

Bugger, the police are on the way!

Was this whole thing a setup? Send some poor schlub to mug me, whack him and let me take the rap?!?

I look around for somewhere to run, the only place with any shelter is that alley!
Report Post Tip
I begin running down the alley for a hope for a door to be open somewhere...anywhere

I run inside of a cracked open door and I see clothes and random things all over the floors

"What the? Better than jail I guess."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Tranquil New York . . . (RP)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL