Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:59:37
Page:  1 
Collective Purpose Started by: Pluto on Feb 26, '08 19:07
CP, get it?

Okay, I've been here a little while and I've heard those two letters thrown around quite a bit. I've looked around, heard a few speeches, and even got opinions on both ends of the spectrum. So I come here, not very far from my other milk crate to throw out an idea, if you will. Some may disagree with me, but I'm not a man who will change his personality and his beliefs to fit in with the masses.

I have no idea what CP really stands for. But it seems as though they are a group of people with a mutual goal. A unified idea. A collective purpose. And what I mean by that is, though they are a group with similar dreams, they are also a group bonded by blood.

So, I ask you, does that change anything? Let's talk hypothetical. Six leaders who only know each other in their lifetime are working together. Do they have the same bond that six leaders who's bloodlines have worked together for years and years? Highly doubtful. So, you may call them tyrants. Hell, maybe they are. I've only been here for a short time. But regardless of your opinion, it seems, to me at least, that they have a strong bond between each other, and have accomplished what most of us strive for:

Power. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe many of us trade our suburban homes to join the mafia because "it's fun". It's not a hobby. It's a life. And if you don't fight for it, then go away. And it seems to me that CP have fought for it.
Report Post Tip
Something else people miss when they complain about a "CP run world" and resort to calling them "tyrants", is the fact that most of these people ARE actually working together. This should be a platform for fewer future wars, and thusly, more opportunities for people to earn ranks, and make something of a name for themselves, over time.
Report Post Tip
I thought CP stood for Cathy Parks.. right?

I was never sure.
Report Post Tip
No, its definitely Crazed Pussies, Dro. Just take a look at Altitude's contact card, it is clearly stated.
Report Post Tip
walks into the streets, seeing this conversation, she decides to intervene

"I am quite sure CP means nothing of the sort, I am also quite sure they joined together long ago for a common goal and have decided to stick together."

"You know, kinda like a family within a family?"

"If you talk bad about them, do you honestly think they will give you the time of day to earn their trust or respect?"

"No, they won't and they will most likely become defensive."

"So, I suggest maybe taking oh say 10 minutes our of your daily life to get to know a few of them."

"Never know what you will find out, also you never know how much similar to us they may be."

"So, with all due respect, please keep these type of discussions off the streets until you get to know a few of the members of the CP group."
she turns and walks away just as quickly as she arrived, leaving the crowd bewildered and mesmerized
Report Post Tip
Spade, my contribution was nothing more than a light-hearted joke which CP members will appreciate.

As for 'keeping these discussions off the street'; freedom of speech grants us the right to speak about what we wish. There is nothing ethically or morally wrong with this current discussion. So with all due respect, you are not in any position to dictate to people what they can not to say.
Report Post Tip
There's only 2 CP leaders...just because I authed the rest doesn't mean they are CP...
Report Post Tip
Spade, perhaps you should have listened to my speech in it's entirety, seeing as how I've agreed with all of your view points. Pardon me if my speech came off as disrespectful; that was not it's intent. I was pointing out the fact that, as you said, they are a close knit group and I quite enjoy that. I don't like people who complain that they are "evil" or whatever adjective you kids use now-a-days.
Report Post Tip
"I see Pluto, and Ellis, The leaders have the freedom to shoot anyone who talks bad about them, so be careful, also, why the hell would anyone want slander about the leaders in the streets, it is utter incompetence and should not be tolerated." (not talking about your original post Pluto)
Report Post Tip
Spade, where did anyone talk bad about them or slander them? If you're referring to my first response, I have already explained that it was a crack which the CP will have appreciated.
Report Post Tip
Spade, you are off base in regards to Ellis' comment. Being in a CP family, I do know that they can take a light-hearted joke. I mean, we mafiosos love to break balls. So, give it a rest and chuckle a bit. I am sure POC and Altitude at least smiled. Well, maybe not POC. From what I hear, he's kind of jerk.
Report Post Tip
"Even though you were joking, that can be disrespectful to some, and also you insinuated that they would find it funny, insinuations get people killed. Truthfully I was referring to the threads people have been making, like the one in the OCC I believe. Oh and "President" sorry to bust your balls but PrinceofCheese is no jerk, so back off."
Report Post Tip
Sometimes I find people who think they know everything to be disrespectful.

Perhaps people should fight their own fights...if there's a fight at all.
Report Post Tip
I know for a fact that none of the CP found it disrespectful. Thanks for telling me that insinuations get people killed. I sure hope that people don't start making too many insinuations then. If anyone else, such as yourself, found it disrespectful, then I guess that's just too bad that you feel that way. But I make no apologies.

*smiles*

I'd like to let this rest now so this speech can receive the response that it deserves.
Report Post Tip
I can't tell if you're being funny or if you really don't get it. I am leaning towards the latter and washing my hands of this subject.
Report Post Tip
Perhaps people should fight their own fights...if there's a fight at all...

Indeed Adebayor, I am reflecting on the rather amusing irony of one starting a squabble whilst seeking to avoid one.
Report Post Tip
This idea that the CP formed for some noble cause is hilarious. I have reliable sources that tell me they began as nothing more than a private swinger's club. Orgies were held in DW's basement every Saturday night.
Report Post Tip
'Power. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe many of us trade our suburban homes to join the mafia because "it's fun".'

I don't know about the rest of you, but fun is exactly the reason I joined.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Collective Purpose
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL