Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:35:48
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Piss poor standards, what happened? Started by: FiveFingerDeathPunch on Mar 13, '11 19:40

I am currently attempting to "keep my head", Sir.

Just a small point though. It is funny as because of who my bloodline is, people seemed to hear the first section of my speech and chose to ignore the second part which actually asked some serious questions. Food for thought maybe?

That was my last comment for today as I now feel i have been showing up my Boss, which I had no intention of doing. What was said in this speech and its replies was done completely on my own accord.

Frustration got the better of me and the red mist descended rather quickly.

*tips his hat and slopes off into the distance to mull over the days events*

Report Post Tip

SexyBEAST approaches

What the hell do coffeeshops have to do with this world? NOTHING.

This should have been your conversation starter right here, FiveFingerDeathPunch. Unless I'm mistaken, this is a subject that hasn't been discussed in sometime and would have most likely prompted a pretty handsome debate.

As far as some of the other repeating themes, the streets serve as a source of information, thus the term 'Word on the street'. I'll agree that protection orders and auth announcements aren't the most stimulating street conversations, but they're nonetheless important so that others are aware of what is going on.

If you don't want to take Naenia's suggestion, which was a valid one, then maybe follow Don Dick's example instead which is basically the same thing. If you're unsatisfied with what you do or don't see in the streets, or you feel things are becoming stale, change it.

Report Post Tip

My bloodline has avidly been trying to bring in some action into the streets, I was going on my 3rd one, but I got murdered at the climax, so regrettably, it will not be finished.

Wipes an invisibly tear from his eye fro dramatic effect.

Report Post Tip

What you said is true but we also get another repeated poster...Someone complaining about the streets..

I mean I know you have come out here to try and motivate but instead of complaining about these things why don't you try and create something else or some other way to talk about things. Most people now even the guys who are generally talking in the streets don't roleplay anymore..All they do is simply roleplay themselves coming and going.

It really seems like to much work now, most of the time if you do come up with something it's ignored and bypassed.

Report Post Tip

To be entirely honest when Mr. Discount complained about the same posts being done over and over again, the first thing that came to my mind was the stories that I've had passed down to me about generations ago whe members of our communities didn't just come to the streets to make an announcment or to get on their soapbox and start a rant, but they acctually interacted with each other.

I see that most of our inter familial interactions seem to be taking place in the coffee shops these days, but that wasn't always the case. It used to be that the one could find oneself walking down the streets of our fair cities and actually see people interacting with each other, not just gathering to watch a poster go up, an announcement be made, a diatribe be delivered, or a discussion started. You saw people taking a moment to stop, talk to each other and enjoy their time in the streets.

Sadly we seem to have misplaced this attitude with the idea that any social gathering we do is best carried out in the coffee shops and that you don't need to interact at all with one another.

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire walks by and overhears the words being exchanged on her slow stroll past. She looks up to the sky and thinks to herself 'Times Change', she then smiles and continues to walk by.

Report Post Tip

I admit I only really listened to the main speech followed by a few replies that came after before drifting out into daydream, but seen as I'm here I think I will share my views on the matter anyways.

The strangers straightens up his jacket and pulls out a joint.

Anyone got a light?

Anyways as I was saying, the drivel that comes out on the streets is natural. At no point "back in the old days" were the streets ever really clean of it, just more quality well spoken debates took place, so you just noticed it less.

As for the announcing of a new Organized crime syndicate on the streets, I ask, where else would we spread word across America of new families? Of course we should choose our words carefully when announcing these thing, but we do often talk about crimes we have committed and such, we have the police population under a certain amount of control through political bribing.

Report Post Tip

We do no announce a crime syndicate to tell the general population of a new organized crime market in town, we do so for the safety of ourselves and others.

If I am known to visit Detroit quite often, I am going to learn the lay of the land, learn who's faces belong and who does not.

So say I know Gaius and Ocatavin and do a lot of business with them, now all of a sudden when I step out of my vehicle in detroit, I see a random guy recruiting in Detroit, selling drugs, making money, and flexing muscle. I don't reconize this guy, and he surely doesn't know me.

How do i know this guy is a goodfella and isn't going to attack me?

And FiveFingers the only thing you really accomplished by trying to act like a dick, and tell people how much you don't respect them or their rank, was make yourself look like a idiot.

You turned people away from even wanting to come to the street with your lack of respect and how you approach people, It doesn't take a lot to act like a civilised respectful member of our life, and you only showed you don't have what it takes to even carry on a simple conversation without trying to insult people.

People like you disgust me.

Report Post Tip

Jin stands around. After listening to a few replies, and back and fourth arguing, he puffs on his joint and steps in.

I don't care about your bitching and moaning about the state of our streets, though after listening to the lack of respect you show to a Detroit Boss, I must say I'm disgusted.

He takes another hit and continues.

FiveFingerDeathPunch, you dont HAVE to respect everybody in this thing of ours. And no matter how much I dislike someone, I would never express my feelings in public. Like or dislike, you NEED to show respect while in these streets. Not only does your lack of respect make YOU look bad, but it makes Tanda and the city of New York as a whole look bad.

Report Post Tip

Gaius tugged on the cigarette that was loosely forming at the corner of his mouth. Exhaling the blue fog into the crowd he motioned for his head of security to get him some attention in the conversation that was taking place.

Nodding to his blood brother Don Premeir, Gaius flicked the existing cigarette he was toying with and brought a fresh one to view.

I have heard many sensible opinions displayed here today, some I can even agree with. I must admit, its nice to walk into the streets and see a discussion taking place that I am proud to be apart of.

What I am not, however proud to be apart of...

Gaius turned looking narrowly at the WiseGuy FiveFingerDeathPunch. Nodding he saw two of his own guards move in and place the man on his knee's before Gaius.

Is a WiseGuy running off at the mouth to a button man of mine. Understand something boy, until you have a button on your chest you'll show the respect THESE men have earned. I don't give a rats ass if your the fairy fucking Godmother of Detroit herself.

Gaius placed the cigarette he had been toying with in his hands to his lips. Procuring a gold lighter from his pocket with his fathers initials, he lit fire to the end and watched as the embers burned, and formed into another blue fog in front of him as he exhaled.

You spoke earlier about respect being earned, and not given.

Nodding Gaius tugged further on his cigarette until a red cone was apparent for all to see.

I can understand your line of thought behind that, however in order to earn respect you must also be willing to give it in return. One way to give that respect, would have been to refrain from insulting a button man from another city.

I'm not going to sit here and threaten you, I have no need to. You know what your doing is wrong, your linage isn't new to these shores.

Get your shit together WiseGuy, or don't fucking speak.

With a jerk of his head, the two thugs let go of the youngling, and walked back to there normal positions.

Report Post Tip

So let me get this straight FFDP...

Your complaint of dead streets seems accurate enough there has been little activity of late. And your solution is to do what?? insult a boss? Spew forth drivel from that hole you call a mouth? If your retorts had been more measured and thought out im sure this could of been a good discussion, but instead your attitude toward people your senior have ruined any hope this corner had of meaningful conversation. Maybe next time you might have learnt that in order to create stimulating debate you must offer something stimulating your self. You cant speak drivel and expect a glorious and reasoned debate that would make Socrates blush.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Piss poor standards, what happened?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL