Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 14:09:55
Page:  1 
The Graveyard Started by: Katana on Mar 13, '11 22:34

Katana sat quietly at her desk as she read the morning paper. The coffee on her desk still had steam rising from it as she reached for it and took a sip. Flipping the page she nearly dropped the coffee as she read that mornings obits. The richest man in the area had died a few days back and was being buried at 3:00 pm at the local cemetery. Setting her coffee down before she ended up with it in her lap she got up and walked over to the window. Peering out she could see the entire graveyard from where she stood, and noticed something that caught her attention even more.

She squinted closer as she noticed two graves being dug. She figured one was where the man was being buried because it was a prime location, a massive statue of St. Michael stood just behind it and the extragavance of the entire burial site simply screamed I was rich and this was where I wanted to be buried. What caught her attention the most was the fact the other grave was very plain, and hidden very far in the back well out of view from any person.

Hmm.. I wonder.. Katana walked back to her desk and picked back up the obits and read through them a second time. Not a single other person suppose to be buried today.

Katana had a dealing with the man that died only one time in her life but his entire demeanor screamed Scrooge and she started to wonder if the second site wasn't for some possesion or possessions of his. He had no family to was left to inherit anything he had and from the one time she met him she knew he wasn't the type to just leave things behind.

She grabbed the phone that sat on her desk and immediatly called Katie. Her imagination might have been getting the best of her but if it wasn't she thought maybe just maybe this could lead to the millions the old man had hidden. The phone rang a few times before she heard Katie's voice on the other end say a groggy
"Hello.."

"Katie.. I need you to come here please and quickly I think I might have found the job to finally set us and everyone up for a very long time. Old man Miller died a few days ago, but I need you to see something. Can you come?" Katana tried to slow herself down but she knew she was talking ninety miles per hour out of sheer excitement.

Report Post Tip

As her alarm clock crashed to the floor Katie was confused, there was still a loud ringing happening in her ears. She opened her eyes half way, still drowsy with sleep and smashed her hand in the area where her clock had been. Nope, still ringing. then it dawned on her, the phone. Katie grumbled to herself, this better be good and picked up the receiver.

Hello...

She answered, her eyes fluttering closed. The pillow cradled her head as she rested back on the bed, starting to drift back asleep. Katana's voice interrupted this peace.

"Katie!"

Was all that registered and moments later Katie caught something else while she half attempted to stay conscious.

"Can you come?"

Mhmm

Katie agreed to something and as Katana ended the call in some excited stream of words Katie pulled the blankets over her head. Her last thought was something about old man Miller. She was really confused by this, but instead of looking into it she let more sweet sleep take her away.

She woke up again, sometime later. Katie couldn't be exact because her clock was some where under her bed. The sun had finally gone down thankfully. That fact would help her vodka headache. Katie got up, put some clothes on, brushed her teeth and popped some aspirin. Before leaving The Morrison, Katie grabbed the newspaper and caught a train downtown to Katana's place.

Katana lived over by the biggest cemetery in Chicago. The two of them had gotten some great loot from grave robbing back in the day, but hadn't done anything like that in a while. It was always very convenient that Katana lived near the cemetery because they could always tell when there was a fresh burial. Personally, Katie thought it'd be creepy living so close to the dead, but it fit Katana well. Dark, mysterious...sexy. The last, Katie's mind flitted to sexy creatures of the undead, like vampires. She smiled at the thought.

The train came to a stop and Katie started to walk the short distance. Once she was at Katana's place, she knocked on the door. As she waited she ran a hand through her blond hair, she had completely forgotten all about brushing it and decided to put it up. Katana opened the door mid hair tie and Katie put a finger up. Signaling her friend to wait just a little bit longer, Katie snickered, she was always keeping Katana waiting on her. Katie could tell Katana had expected her hours ago by the look on her face.

Relax.

She leaned into her friend with a smile and gave a lite hug.

I came at the perfect time. We can't be digging up graves in broad day light.

Katie smiled and made her way into the place. She pulled the newspaper out from under her arm and walked in.

John Miller, age 67, respectful man of community....I wonder who he paid off to write that!

She scoffed, everyone knew the old man was a selfish greedy bastard. She then continued reading off the obit.

Blah, blah, blah....died from heart complications, blah blah blah, going to be buried this afternoon, blah blah blah, no living relatives.

Katana had shut the door behind them and Katie turned her attention to her.

So, are we going back to our roots and looting a grave tonight?

A sly smile creep-ed onto her lips.

Report Post Tip

Katana raised an eyebrow and smirked at Katie. "I hope you don't have a problem getting dirty!" She turned her back to Katie and walked to the window and tapped on it then motioned for Katie to join her. She waited till she was standing next to her then watched as Katie shivered a bit. "Yeah soo need to fix that draft huh?" Katana giggled then pointed to the graves.

"See there?" Katana tapped her finger on the window. "That where they are burying Miller.. But.. Look there." Katana slid her finger over the cold window and pointed to the other burial site.

"Katie. Doesn't something seem a bit odd that there are two burial sites, and only one obits today? Something is in that second one I have.." Katana paused as she stepped back from the window. "Call it a gut feeling that something is in that second burial site that someone doesn't want anyone to know about."

Katana watched as Katie stepped back from the window and shivered a bit then sat down at the desk. She watched as Katie nodded then leaned back in her chair and pulled a ribbon from her pocket to tie up her hair. Katana knew Katie was thinking now she only did that when she was coming up with a plan.

Katana's laughter filled the office as she shook her head.
"I see the operations and you devise the plans. Go figure. I figure this should be an easy cut and dry scenerio. The grave is bound to be empty or.. have maybe his massive fortune. Don't mind stealing from the dead after all they don't need it." Katana leaned back in her chair as a devilish grin came upon her face and then reached behind her and quickly slammed a large shovel on the desk causing Katie to jump.

The entire job had Katana extremely excited after all this seemed to be completely up her alley. She looked up at the clock and then shrugged.
"So... Katie what do you think? Not long till night fall."

Report Post Tip

Not long at all

Katie mused while she planned it out in her head. She stood and walked towards the large window over looking the graveyard, the one both girls had, moments before, stood at. Without thinking about it Katie leaned up against the window, but quickly backed away. Brr! It was cold. Next time Katie was over she was going to help Katana with this, she'd save a bunch on her heat bill.

You think that tool shed is still easy to break into?

She had turned her attention away from the frigid cold air inviting itself into the room and back to the business at hand. Katie looked over the hollowed ground, her eyes narrowed as she made out the shack farther into the graveyard. In the past, Katana had always lock picked her way in even after they had gotten a copy of the key. But now, years later, the lock had probably been changed making the key useless.

Not that that minor detail ever mattered. Katie turned back to her friend. Katana, you're the best pick lock in town. No lock in Chicago would be able to keep you out.

Katie grinned. She was excited for some nostalgia, she could feel the giddyness growing in her stomach.

But I we will need at least another shovel because I'm not using my pretty little hands.

She opened her hands in front of her and moved her fingers back in forth, showing off the manicure she had gotten the other day.

You know how I am about my nails.

Katie stalked back over the the desk and picked up the shovel, placing the head of it on the ground, resting one hand on the handle. Katana then moved to one of the drawers in her desk rolling her eyes at Katie.

What?? Katie exclaimed to the eye roll. If you're upset about not getting an invite to my spa day, I had left you, like, three messages. But someone was to busy in Detroit.

It was Katie's turn to eye roll Katana, obnoxiously over done to let her friend know there were no hard feelings and that she was just teasing. Katana then pulled out some gloves. She tossed a pair towards Katie, who caught them with her free hand, snapping them on as the shovel rested against her leg. Once she was finished dressing her petite fingers in the work gloves she hefted the shovel on her right shoulder and started walking, marching to the door.

"What are you doing?"

Katana asked. Katie laughed.

I'm just practicing my pirate swagger, so when I get my hands on some booty I'll be able to handle all of it's greatness.

Report Post Tip

Katana couldn't help snicker as she watched Katie swagger out the Inquisition head quarters. She looked around and watched the pinks take over the sky far away. Looking up the midnight blue had set in and she quickly caught up to Katie. Her steps were very quite till she felt a few leaves crunch beneath them, and she shrugged as Katie looked back at her. The dark cemetary danced with a few flickers of light that caught off of a couple marble headstones and a few birds caught her off guard causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Katie.." Katana couldn't see far in front of her as the darkness set in more. She looked a bit away and saw the light from her office still on and she shrugged and whispered under her breath "damn it" as she realized she always forgets to turn it off.

"Boo!" Katie jumped out in front of Katana knocking her to her butt as she raised the shovel and had to fight it back almost whacking her across the head.

"Katie I swear." Katana scowled a bit then stood up realizing they were only a few steps away from the grave. A chill went up her spine as she read the headstone and grasped Katie's arm. "Ready?"

Katana sunk her shovel in the soft ground as she flipped a bit of dirt back. Being the funeral was earlier that day it wasn't hard for her to move the freshly dug up earth. Hearing the shovel make a thud against the wood, Katana stopped and then took a deep breath in as the two women sunk to their knees and pushed the remaining dirt of the casket. She held her breath as she slid of her gloves and ran her fingers across the wooden casket.

"Alright.. Lets do this." Katana grasped on end of the heavy wood top as Katie grabbed the other and the two women heaved it up and to the side. Glancing down a scream hit Katana's lips and she desperately had to fight it back.

Report Post Tip

Thank goodness for gloves. Katie was only three shovel fulls in the grave and her hands were covered in dirt. One would think that using a shovel would make for a cleaner job. Not in Katie's case.

"Leave it to you to find some way to get dirty. I swear we could leave you in a white room and when we came back the whole place would be black."

It was like Katana was sharing her thoughts which wasn't surprising. Katie noticed more often than not that the two were on the same page, thinking the same thing.

It's one of my many talents!

Katie replied with a grin and then continued to dig up the grave. The fresh soil was easy to move from the earth and it didn't take them long to hear that sound. Shovel hitting coffin. Moments later they popped the top off and Katana let out a blood curdling scream. Katie leaned over and clamped her hand over Katana's mouth.

Shhh

She hissed.

The last thing I want tonight is to have Premeir bust us out of jail. And that's saying something given what we are doing tonight.

Katie stared wide eyed at her friend, attempting to scare her into quietness. Eventually she released her hand and leaned back to her side of the coffin. Katana still looked horrified as her gaze had not left the inside of the coffin. Which was empty.

I know red velvet is scary, I mean right up there with the boogy man but....

Katie trailed off as a lite trickle of dirty started to rain on her. A lose root jutted out from the unnerving hole they had just made. Katie scooted father to the right and as she shifted something in the coffin did as well. A head to be exact, not attached to a body and Katie understood Katana's screams.

Oh, Well that's tasteful.

She said annoyingly. They were suppose to find cold hard cash, or diamonds, not a head. Katie noticed the face was looking directly up at Katana whose face was turning into a bad horror movie all over again. Before she could scream blood murder Katie picked up the head with her still gloved hands and tossed it out of the hole. She heard it make a heavy thud on the grass above. Katie stood up and offered Katana her hand and they helped each other climb out.

Katana, I'm pleased to introduce you to old man Miller, er, well, his face. Obviously he was well liked.

Katana smiled at the joke and Katie giggled, but then, as they both looked down at the head, something slipped out of the parted lips. This time Katie was the one to send a shriek through the grave yard.

"What the hell was that??"

Katana exclaimed as Katie attempted to compose herself. She leaned down towards the grass and picked up the item.

It's a key.

Katie softly moved her fingers down the rough side of teeth. Both ladies stood there in the dark, in the back of the cemetery, baffled.

Report Post Tip

Katana snatched the key from Katie and looked it over, and then her mind turned as her eyes searched the graveyard. Suddenly she started to wonder where the body had gone, and poked Katie in the side and watched her jump.

"Katie... Where's the body?" Katana had a sinking feeling that they were going to have to visit the smaller grave, and the vision of the dead eyes staring up at her still haunted her mind. She shook her head as she looked over near the back of the graveyard. "I guess where going to travel there?"

Katana had started to walk away as she felt something smack her in the back and she turned and fell to the ground as she saw Millers head roll across the ground and Katie laughed. Katana glared at Katie as she realized she had been hit with the head, and hoped that nothing that had remained in it had splattered her shirt. "Damn you Katie, put it back in it's hole please..." Her heart pounded in her chest with vision of the head but something more pressing seemed on her mind about everything. She couldn't stop thinking that the worse was yet to come.

Katana heard the sickening thud of the head as it was thrown into the casket, and then she heard Katie's footsteps behind her as she carefully walked to the back of the cememtary. She ran her hand over a few tombstones to help her keep her footing as the ground became more rough as the plots became older, and much less taken care of.

"Owww!" Katana winced as she realized something cut her finger and she looked down and quickly popped her finger in her mouth and tasted the blood and shook her head.

"That's what you get for having to touch everything Katana." Katie shoved Katana forward as they reached the second grave.

"Katie, something is in here I feel it." Katana took a deep breath in as she slid the key in her pocket so she wouldn't lose it in the dirt. Immediatly she shoved the shovel in the ground and pulled back the earth in heaves.

"Damn I'm getting tired of this." Katana's words rippled through the graveyard as she wiped a bit of sweet from her face and then leaned on the shovel trying to catch her breath.

"Lazy..." Katie still heaved as the hole went deeper and deeper. "That's what you get for smoking to much. Told you to..." Katie stopped as she heard her shovel smack against something metal and ring out.

Report Post Tip

Lazy...

Nuked pushed dirty onto her shovel and flung it on the mound they were making outside of the grave.

That's what you get for smoking to much. Told you to...

She stopped as the shovel came to a halt against a hard metal object which let a ring. Nuked looked at Katana and smiled.

Jack pot baby!

Nuked threw her shovel out of the hole and crouched down. She dusted the excess dirt of whatever she had just struck. It was a box, a medium sized metal box. Nuked attempted to pry the box out of the dirt, but it was proving to be quite difficult and heavy. She stood back up, placing her hand on her hips and biting her lip. Her brain started to problem solve as Katana extended her arm, her palm flat and open. Nuked gave her a high five and Katana rolled her eyes.

"How about the key as well."

Nuked pulled out the key from her pocket and placed it gently into Katana's open hand. She tossed her red hair out of her eyes and leaned down again. Katana had dug out some space in front of the box and found a key hole. Nuked watched her fiddle with the key, jamming it in. After a few moments of no luck Katana threw the key up near the shovels.

Heyyy, that's probably for something important.

Nuked exclaimed, but Katana wasn't paying her any attention. Her friend was already pulling a bobby pin out of her pocket. A few minutes later they heard a pop and the lid could be lifted. Nuked pretended to cover her eyes teasingly and just as Katana was about to open up the case she slammed her hand down and shut the box.

What if whatevers in this box is the rest of old man Miller. Chopped up into little pieces and stuffed into this thing?

Katana gave her that look.

"Gross."

Was all she said and began to open it up again.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Graveyard
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL