Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:56
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Public Achievements on Death Started by: Chalk on Apr 23, '20 23:40

Just a simple one.

I think it would be quite interesting if the achievements you had completed, and previously remained secret, were revealed when you died.

This could be an opt-in feature, with you having to confirm this is ok.

Something could be written on the death screen such as: "Do you wish to make your achievements for <USERNAME> public?" and a similar one on the character creation screen if you didn't get to view the death screen.

Can't really think of any reason why this couldn't be done, doesn't divulge any info that you don't want shared.

It would be interesting to compare your own achievements against other players, and currently I don't ever see any public achievements unfortunately.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Literally thinking of this today. Where we have the character history, it would be interesting to see the achievement history to go with it. Even if it was for your eyes only.

+1

Report Post Tip
+1

Would also be helpful in comparing our older characters' achievements with the newer ones.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Kirsty walks over to where Chalk has just spoken.  She is incredulous and beings to speak

"Chalk, son, this is a terrible idea.  Should our rap sheets be left for all and sundry to read when we die?"

Report Post Tip

Hi Kirsty, thanks for you input.

Slightly strange to be role playing in the suggestions forum, but hey ho, I'll address the concerns you seem to have anyway.

If you re-read the original suggestion, it does state that this is completely optional and you can chose which achievements you would like to be viewable on death.

I understand that people may not want to share some of their accomplishments, and that's why they can choose not to.

I do like Roberto_Carlos' addition, also. Being able to see your past characters achievements, even those that weren't made public at the time, would be interesting. I'm not sure how much database this would take up, but if only the final stage of each achievement was saved, maybe that would be more doable?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Public Achievements on Death
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL