Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:09:46
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Stock markets Started by: ViktorDoo on Apr 28, '20 00:47
Can we have stock markets, half the fun is making money & this would be a great individual pursuit for the riches!
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I genuinely like this it was done via a player who went inactive, it would be so much better done as an in game thing, I would be interested to see how this would work.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I used to play an old RPG game very similar to this one about 15 years ago & that one had a stock market, by far one of the best features. I think it would an inch or so on the graph up or down every 12 mins or something and would have varying curves going on with it, if you have millions invested you get real panicky !!
Report Post Tip

we used to have a stock market, but it never worked well, so it was scraped.

Report Post Tip

When was the stock-market?  I wonder how closely it was regulated... 

Report Post Tip
While I'm on the subject of the game I used to play (dark future), it also had a Russian roulette feature as an unlock in the higher ranks with gambling, it was a 1 in 3 chance of death by suicide and a 2in3 chance of tripling your on hand cash.. so $100m became $300m but the risk of death is righ there
Report Post Tip
Memory serves me correctly, the stock market we had was based upon business district activity. The more popular the business, the higher the stock prices where. It’s been a long time, so I may be misremembering it.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

We would have to run a real time stock API, one that is incredibly quick and *actually* real time down to the fraction of a second, otherwise the whole system could be "Gamed".  These feeds are mega bucks.

Other wise we would have to come up with fictitious stocks and then it takes all the work aspect of research and prediction out of it, it would just be a 100% gamble which... defeats the whole purpose.  I am open to researched opinions about where to take this idea, but using an actual real time api stock feed we are looking at a very very handsome fee per month to do it :/

Report Post Tip

We would have to run a real time stock API, one that is incredibly quick and *actually* real time down to the fraction of a second, otherwise the whole system could be "Gamed".  These feeds are mega bucks.

A real stock system needs to mimic real life stocks, meaning you can research it to make educated guesses, and you can make tons, and lose tons.  The problem is coming up with a system that cant be gamed by unscrupulous users.  Real time feeds are way out of our budget, slightly delayed actual stock feeds are affordable, but able to be gamed.  The smallest of delays means instant profit for anyone who can send their commands already knowing what the new values will be.  If we obfuscate everything, then you lose the research aspect of it, then it would be just driven by luck which strays us further from stocks.

Its not a bad idea, its just not entirely feasible in a safe way that cant be exploited easily without costing us thousands per month.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Stock markets
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL