Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:24:20
Page:  1 
Women of this World Started by: Micky-the-Pikey on Feb 27, '08 19:29
Micky walks up to the stand not quite sure if he should say what is on his mind or not, slowly he approches the Crowd

Ladies and Gentlemen I was thinking today about the women in this of ours. Dont get me wrong, im not sexist or anything but do women get it easier? there is no question that this is a male dominated world but there are a few ladies amoung us. Do the men feel sympathetic to the women of a crew when they are about to do a hit, are the women less likely to get killed, can women get closer to the top men even if they are simple gangsters?

Micky backs away from the edge of the stage, sweat dripping form his brow, the eyes of the women glaring at him, I hope I dont die because of this Micky thinks to himself
Report Post Tip
I believe I have a t-shirt somewhere with the 'No Ma'am' slogan printed upon it... Obviously it was given to me as a gift and I didn't support the movement in its entirety... well that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Even Schwarz made it as a woman and that tells you all you need to know...

All joking aside, I've served under many female leaders, Anita, Cacciatoressa, Scotland etc And in my most humble of opinion they were just as good if not better, few would argue differently.

This doesn't directly answer your question but...
Report Post Tip
I heard that Oliver McTavish did a little cross dressing, and was a great CL...at least, that is what my grandfather told me.
Report Post Tip
Im not sure what i think....

I have only ever served one female CL, and she was possibly the greatest CL in the history of the universe. Ever. But they must, i mean sure most of them i have met are excellent and what they do and very nice people.

But the proportion of men to women on here highly favours men, yet the women who do seem to exist on this game are high ranks, CL's or RHM. I dont see any of the guys acting like total dicks (not hinting at anyone ^^) being women.

So they are either just generally better, in all aspects, or they recive special favours, and better treatment due to sex, im undecided....
Report Post Tip
Do we get it easier?

Angel blinks several times before giving a hollow laugh

Hardly! If anything, we get it much, much worse than the men of this world. I won't delve into the small, insignificant details of my own personal every day travesties, but you imagine trying to do all of your normal business- just add in leering men and high heels to the mix. It is not an easy life we live!

All humor aside, if on some slight chance we do 'appear' to get things easier it is merely for the fact that every woman my family line has known or worked with have been hard-working and dedicated. We're not here for personal achievement, we're not here for the 'what ifs'. Most every female I've known has always lived for the moment and has done their best to ensure success for themselves and those they hold near and dear to their heart. If you think we get perks it's because most of us earn them.

You cannot get by on good looks alone!

Angel glances at Platinum with a raised eyebrow

And sex? You've got to be kidding me. Wrinkles her nose in disgust and shakes her head
Report Post Tip
You think YOU get it bad, Angel? Shall I show the world the letters you have written to me?

To: Henry_Jung_Lover

Sent: Feb 27, '08 19:44

Subject: gimme

Come on, please? It will be my treat. You WON'T be disappointed. ;p

——————————————————-

To: Angel

As fun as I think that'd be, I believe you hold Altitude's heart in your hand. And besides, my heart belongs to another.

——————————————————-

To: Henry_Jung_Lover

So, I think we should mate...I mean, date. I think we should go out on a date.
Report Post Tip
lol fair point Angel and i know what you mean about getting by on good looks alone, if that was the case i would be a bloody Godfather by now :P
Report Post Tip
Angel, don't confuse the annoyances that women have to suffer with being harder to get by in the world. Those same annoyances are the things that give women an easier ride (maybe).

I'm talking about pathetic, sniveling, bitch-ass boys (not men) who get a stiffy at the mere sight of a woman crossing their path. They will defend her honor with the smallest hope of getting a ;) wink in a mail. It is these sad and pathetic creatures who are to blame, not the women who might benefit from their sexual frustration.

Think I'm talking out my ass here? I can name at least two wars that were started over someone defending a woman. Sienna and Jade. Two virtual Helens of Troy. Have any wars been started over a man because of a protective woman? Huge lolz at that. Maybe this proves that women are smarter, I don't know.

Do they have it easier? Probably. But it is the guys who are to blame. It is this attitude that allows many women to emerge from wars unharmed.
Report Post Tip
I have to agree with the winged pig, there. While it seems as though the dames around here get treated better, it's not necessarily them, (though some in the past have taken advantage of their gams and flashed a little leg to get their way) but the fellas that fall for the womanly wiles.

Not all of us flash and dash to get ahead of the rat race. It is difficult, though, to get ahead when folks almost seem to expect you to act a certain way in situations because you're a bird. What ends up happening is you either get the dames that are dressed like dockside tramps getting ahead because they're showing more skin, or you get the mannish women that are harsher and harder than the guys they're in charge of simply to try and break that mold. Either way it's almost as though earning the right to start your own family is some magical thing...or a gift.

Some women do well and thrive under the stresses becoming a female crewleader can bring, while others snap and because either raving lunatics or sullen and withdrawn, unable to be sure of who they can trust.

Some dames can cut the mustard when it comes to being in a position of power; others are best left to running bars or brothels. Personally, I don't want some dame dressed as a fella telling me where to put my hat at night, but I don't want some prissy little bit of fluff telling me the world's full of peace, love, and butter cookies either.

(the cookie comment is by no stretch of the imagination any reflection on tiggy's cookies...in fact her cookies are universally known as manna. However, those that aren't as culinerily gifted and instead refer to the ethereal perfect cookie as a way to settle a dispute, should take heed and not rely on their cookies to start world peace.

Only tiggy's cookies can do that.)
Report Post Tip
Well I find wearing dresses and heels here is not that bad; until I am running from the Police
Report Post Tip
I too agree with the pig on this one I'm afraid. Remember that time Anita warred Scotland because she was flirting with her RH, FlyingPig? I don't either, because it never happened.

I've never been one for sweeping stereotypes, but generally speaking it is men who will go to absurd lengths for women, not vice versa. One such tale that springs to mind is when one of Brian Arao's relatives taped his balls behind him and pretended to be a woman, he received enough cash for a BG in next to no time by all sorts of drooling imbeciles fooling over themselves for her (his) acknowledgement. Pathetic really.

That being said, I really cannot fault the women who take advantage of the utter cretins who do the fawning. Personally, I exploit everything that can possibly work to my advantage. I am a criminal, a mobster. Would anything other than that be expected of me?

Of course, there is a difference between exploiting the behaviour of those around you and actually inducing such behaviour to begin with. In this particular circumstance, I have no time for the latter. Don't get me wrong, I am not one to pass judgement on people's actions when they have no bearing on our thing, that is no concern of mine; but when people deliberately use their sexuality, or indeed their situation in other places (Real life) to get ahead here, that just sticks in my throat a little.
Report Post Tip
If you think women have it any easier than the males, then I merely ask you to do a bit of historical research. If I'm not mistaken, Anita got more than her fair share of abuse as a leader, she had to put up with so much, that if it wasn't for her determination and level-headedness, she would never have made it to the position she did before the blackout.

Anita was a beacon for all women, showing those possessing the XX chromosome that not only was it a possibility, that it was in reach for all of us. That domination through intelligence and perseverance was attainable.

The only way that women have it easier is that we're able to 'pull the wool' over the eyes of the rest of the community who stereotype us as stupid or weak.

Undoubtedly, some women are those things. Some women are impressionable and unable to make decisions - naming no names. If those types of women make it into power, my only assumption is that they were lucky. However, I don't believe it's a coincidence that the only two people to make the rank of Godfather outright were women.

I think in the case of this thing of ours, women are perhaps more level-headed than the men. More inclined to not throw away everything they have worked for in a heart beat, overthrown by impulsiveness. You may not agree with my opinion, but history speaks for itself.

If there are those women out there that utilise their wiles to get what they want then I cannot fault them. Not all follow that path, but I cannot see the wrong in it.

I think the reason why we have seen women rule with longevity, or gain a higher rank than the males around them is simply due to their drive and desire for power. A 'think before action' mentality that allows them to survive whilst others around them fail. I do not think it is due to the fact that they are expressly female that they are able to survive. I think it is due to the fact that they are not as impulsive. That they realise it is not always about who has the biggest gun, but the manipulation of relationships that allow them to gain power and keep it.

ps. I am v drunk right now. And Skepta is the sex np.
Report Post Tip
Well said, Mathilda.

While listening to this debate I heard a few answers to the original question, "Do women get things easier?" I've heard they do, but I think if a women respects herself and this thing of ours she will not want anything given to her just because she's a woman, the daughter of a recognized name or any reason other than she earned it because of her work.

I also heard a few people say they don't blame women for using their looks and lifting their skirts to get further in this business. Yes we are criminals and we sometimes do shady things to get ahead, but I see no honor in women gaining power or status because of work they did on their backs. I would find it damn hard to respect a woman like that.
Report Post Tip
Dracona laughs out loud at Santino's statement.

My good sir, you saying that you have no respect and disapprove of a woman liftin her skirt a few inches to get ahead means about as much to me as a law-abiding citizen criticizing a mafioso for the dirty deeds they do. To me, it's the same thing.

You do things to get ahead in this business, or any business. For a woman in this world, where in my opinion, we are not as respected or taken as seriously as some of the men in most cases, sometimes it takes a bit of flirting to get ahead. My own dear mother conned a poor man out of a million dollars. But that is really not the point.

You look down on us for doing what we have to (whether it's on our backs or on our knees), but you are the same people who either look down on us when we try to act professional and like the males in this business, or else spam our mail with ridiculous proposals for obscene activities. For us women, it's a lose-lose situation, and we have to make the best of it.

Pausing for a moment, Dracona tosses her dark hair and smiles seductively.

Besides, my dear man, don't knock it til you've tried it. That's all I have to say.

She walks off without looking back.
Report Post Tip
Yes, we as men all look down at the woman of society.

This is why Black_Fog authed Anita, why Sal_Giaquinto authed Cathy_Parks, why JohnnyAxe authed Belle.

These are the first 3 examples that popped into my head, if I stood here and thought about it I could probably name 50 such auths. This is before we get into positions of power not including bold. This is before we get into everyday circumstances in which men treat women like equals in our thing.

Get that fucking chip off your shoulder Dracona. It's most unbecoming of you.
Report Post Tip
Knowing how women like to have the last word in a debate Santino thought about letting Dracona walk away, but he felt a little of his grandmother's stubbornness in him and followed the woman down the street.

I understand people will do anything for power, but I think saying women are not as respected as men or taken seriously is just an excuse to take the easy way to the top and do things you really don't have to do to get there. There have been plenty of women who gained respect and power without acting like they worked in a brothel. It's really not necessary to act like that.
Report Post Tip
I totally agree with the last two statement's made, not the last three.

This topic is so... Bah, I can't be bothered to say more then that.
Report Post Tip
I can't belive I even listened to this whole thing. My god, what are we upper management in a advertising company?? We are criminals, we kill, rob, mug, we break laws. We are unethical all of us. We are not without honor, and loyalty, but we are criminals!!! If a woman wants to join this way of life let her. Each of us has to be as tough as we can.

*Shakes his head and walks off into the night, muttering.*
Report Post Tip
FlyingPig summed it up perfectly.

Some women are smart. Hence why probably half of Alessia/ElainaDeLuca's bloodline has been a RHM or CL to someone.

Because she was good? lol no
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Women of this World
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL