Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:53:49
Page:  1 
Brielle's Detroit Newstand Started by: Brielle on Apr 30, '20 20:27

Brielle had noticed on her travels that their needed to be a quick and easy place to get Newspapers, Magazines, and even snacks. So she decided she would invest in some street rolling stands that had awnings for when one was selling  and shutters that would close and lock tight once the day was over. One could always find the  local newspaper.  We carried all the current magazines including Women's Magaizines, Men's Magazines, Entertainment magazines, and even comics. 

The stand carries drinks including soda, fresh squeezed lemonade, tea, and beer. There was also some snacks to be had including chips, candy, popcorn, and nuts.

One of the little known facts about this newstand is we also cater to the mobsters, by allowing messages to be placed in a magazine and shipped to another city. There was a little bin used for the outbound stack. Most people would have their own code so that in case someone else picked it up  no one would know what it said. 

Brielle rolls her cart to the side of the street and opens her awning hoping for a good day of business. The sign she places in front says Brielle's Detroit Newstand. Now she was officially open.

Report Post Tip

I had been traveling so much recently that I wasn’t able to keep up with everything that had been going on around the country. I hated being out of the loop so it was a welcomed sight to see the small newsstand in the side of the street. I quickly made my way across the road, tossing the butt of my cigarette into the gutter as I did. 

After scanning over the numerous magazines and newspapers, I settled on a paper and lifted it from the racks. Nothing really seemed to pop out in it. The streets had been relatively quiet since Tyler Durden recently set up shop. The slaughter of his people never really made much news, it was more of a common occurrence these days and kept things relatively calm between the cities. It really was only a matter of time before that changed though, it always was. 

After flipping through a few sections, I tucked the paper underneath my arm and pulled a few bills from my pocket, handing them over with a smile before I made my way back across the street.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Mel finds a newsstand with the latest newspapers and magazines stacked neatly. She checks through them and finally finds the travel magazine she has been looking for. On the side she finds snacks. 

"The owner is so considerate" she tells herself and grabs a candy. 

Report Post Tip

"Let's see um...carry the 3...and...yeah that could work," Mickey mumbled to himself as he planned how he would bounce back after last night's investments went nowhere.  In the middle of his third lap pacing around the block he finally noticed a colorful sign, "Brielle's Detroit Newstand".  As he skimmed the headlines a heavenly scent distracted him.

"Are those...cheddar cubes?" He asked knowing full well that they were six month aged cheddar from Louie's Delicatessen on 12th Street.

A small sign next to them read, "Free Samples", in fine calligraphy.

"I'll take your entire stock!" Mickey hurriedly told the shopkeeper as he rummaged through his pockets for all the bills he had on him.

"But sir, it's free-" The shopkeeper protested.

But Mickey was already walking down the street whistling a tune, popping bits of cheese into his mouth and planning his next big investment.

Report Post Tip
Zahara was on her way to visit Charles_Barkley's place here in Detroit when a happy distraction caught her eye. Brielle's newsstand was perfect, Zahara needed to check the papers for any whiff of a rumour surrounding the recent string of failed art robberies. Apparently each lead by either Charles or Right. Taking a copy of each paper available, tucked them under her arm, paid and made her way across town.
Report Post Tip

It was a bad day to get a cab in downtown Detroit -- there was some big parade going on, so taxi drivers tended to stay on the back streets to avoid being stuck in traffic. As a result, Taiga had been standing in the heat of the sun for about an hour now, growing more and more impatient by the minute. Cursing herself for wearing heels this morning, she wandered down the street and found a newspaper stand that also sold lemonade and other refreshments.

"One lemona..." the woman trailed off, a huge grin filling her face. "Oh my god -- that's me! I made it on the cover!" Taiga said ecstatically, looking at the wide array of publications that Brielle offered. The old lady beside her squinted her eyes and scanned the magazine covers for Taiga's face to no avail. "Which one are you on, honey? Are you some supermodel or something?"

Taiga smirked and walked straight past the magazines and picked up a newspaper, holding it up proudly to show the woman. The headline below her photo in action read:

WANTED

For grand larceny, fraud, attempted homicide, among others.
For any information about this woman, please contact your local police station.

The excitement on the old woman's face drained as she hurriedly shuffled away from Taiga. "What, no congratulations? Rude." Taiga continued to read the story about her and bought a copy of the newspaper. Hell, she bought all copies the stand sold -- not every day that you make it to the front cover after all. "I just wish they'd gotten a better photo, my left side is much better than my right.."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Brielle's Detroit Newstand
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL