Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:57
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Organized Crimes. How do we improve them? Started by: Ivy_Rose on May 01, '20 06:36

Since Organized Crimes (OCs) were introduced, they've been a great way to bring people together for a common goal. Often, Several people have one open and a small group will take turns running them one after another. This is can be a lot of fun and bond the group together over the shared goal.... However, it seems to me that they have a few flaws. I've seen some of these flaws posted here before, and some of these points will touch on past posts, but I'd like to see what's said about them all in one place.

This said, I have a few suggestions, but would like others input.... basically I want to discuss how people feel about how OCs are run and how they can possibly be improved..

This is a few of what I feel are problems with OCs currently:

- If Someone runs an OC in any city but home, they're excluded from any other OC's run by the group they just ran with. This group is going on a crime spree, 8 people, up to 8 possible crimes, some of them back to back... but some members of the first group, who've proven themselves an asset, are excluded from future crimes? This seems... unrealistic to me. If my buddy from another city took me out "clubbing", I wouldn't leave him behind when I moved on to another club.

My suggestion, Add a short timer... Say, 30 minutes... That counts anyone running with the OC group as a "friendly"... Adding them to your OC invite list. Basically, allowing the entire group to run one OC after another.

-My second issue is with the way accepting an invite works in general. If you have two invites come in at once, you wind up having to choose one or the other. Often, the second OC is still recruiting when you finish the first, but you've declined the offer by default. Yes, you have to wait for a timer, but, if they're willing to wait for you (or have to in many cases) you currently have to cancel the OC and set it back up again, often loosing people to inactivity and/or timer issues.

My suggestion for this is that we add a "re-invite" button... or some other way to clear the "declined" status so they can join when their timer runs out. Maybe have it act like you did a felony while waiting to run a OC and add extra time to your timer, maybe have it set up a timer til you can run the OC. However, I think the easiest way is to have a "Cancel invite" that allows the sender to send another as soon as they're available again.

-My last point is less flaw, instead, it's kinda a combination of two of the solutions suggested, but also a way to possibly stream line OC's... Think something like a "Me Next" queue... Basically, my thought is to set it up so the entire group is given an option to run an OC after this one... essentially, Person 1 (P1) invites P2-8, P2 gets an option to run their "plans" after this one, inviting everyone in the current OC automatically, and P3-8 can add their names to the queue as the crimes are completed... Maybe have a timer that grabs them automatically as their Felony timer runs out, or have a popup right as their Felony timer runs out and they have to choose to do an OC or a felony. As the group does OC after OC, people will go IA or fly, and others can be added, but it'll still allow people who've run with the group to build OCs faster and easier then currently. It would also allow for people who're from other cities but ran their own OCs to join in with people they just ran with.

I know some of this isn't something easily coded which is why I tried to leave my ideas open, and with the new game in works, it's not likely to be high on the work queue, but I wanted to at least start a conversation that might bring about an improved OC in the future. I'd like to know if anyone else has any thoughts on this?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Organized Crimes. How do we improve them?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL