Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:27:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Fall of CharlieCroker Started by: Roman on Mar 18, '11 00:51

Bullying? what are we in school? you better go tell the teacher. Something tells me that with that attitude you have Marco you wont rise to the top, and if you do ill have to make sure i dont bully you...

Report Post Tip

Bullying? what are we in school?

Well seems that way doesn't it Durz an to be honest i could give a rats arse about being at the top, so run along.

Report Post Tip

Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that death is imminient in our world.  If you are going to complain about anything to anyone, you should probably do so to people who actually care Mr. Toscani.

Report Post Tip

The sweet taste of death is the only thing we can be sure of in our life. Accept it will happen at some point and then living gets so much easier.

Report Post Tip

Wow a petty theif telling me to run along, your so edgy and cool calling someone out on the streets.

Let me guess.. your father died in this war and you still fail to realize that you should be expected to go down with your leader. You also feel that every action a leader takes should be filed in triplicate and co signed by everyone with a pulse before hes allowed to do it?

I still fail to see your reason for coming onto the streets, from my perspective it just seems like the whining of someone who lost a parent in a war and has reduced themselves to name calling to try to make them self feel better.

Durzo scrapes Marco off his boot and continues on his business

Report Post Tip

Like i give a fuck you jumped up little prick go running back to Roman and kiss his arse, nice boots i'll remember to take them when your swimmin with the fishes.

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire hears Marco_Toscani shout abuse towards a fellow Chicago member

"Now now dear, don't get your panties in a twist! Instead of running your ancestors names to the floor by complaining at the way they died.. why don't you make something of yourself so they can be proud."

Mrs-Doubtfire smiles

Report Post Tip

Mrs Doubtfire something tells me that this young lad who clearly has the verbal capacity of a 13year old wont be doing much with his life, maybe his children might make something of them selves after they learn to suppress these hereditary traits of whining and shooting their mouths off on the streets, after all it can be very damaging to ones long term ambitions if they cant control their outbursts.

Report Post Tip

Fats haring the bickering going on by both sides

"Now now people. The issue is over. We all just need to let it go. There are fallen ones who knew not the reason they were murdered in their sleep, and I am sure these are the ones of many who are outraged. No sense in arguing between one another. It won't cause a change or anything."

Fats walks away drinking out of a beer bottle. He smashes it against a wall as he drained it, and walks away

Report Post Tip

Hearing of the removal of the Los Angeles criminal enterprise and those who are still complaining over it, Macho struts down the crowded street.  He was never without his trendy and brightly coloured hat and tassels, which personified his personality.

OOOOOH YEEEAH!  IT LOOKS THE DEPARTED GODFATHER, CHARLIECROKER, WAS OVERSTEPPING HIS BOUNDARIES A BIT WHEN BULLYING A GOOMBA FROM CHICAGO INTO REMOVING A MARKING THAT HAD NO BEARING IN OUR WORLD.  WHEN THE SHIT HITS THE PROVERBIAL FAN AND YOU CAN'T BACKUP YOUR TALK INSIDE THE RING, THEN BE PREPARED TO LOSE YOUR TITLE, AND IN THIS CASE, YOUR LIFE.  THE ONES WHO REALLY SUFFERED WERE THE FALLEN FROM LOS ANGELES, WHO NOW LACE UP THEIR BOOTS IN THE SQUARED CIRCLE IN THE SKY.

Macho clears his throat and glances around to his thousands of fans who have flocked to the street in his support.

WHAT I'M REALLY TRYING TO SAY HERE, BROTHER, IS DON'T FUCK WITH PIZZATHEHUT!  OOOH YEEAH, THEY DON'T CALL US THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Macho tosses several Slim Jims out to his fans and makes his exit down a dark alleyway.  The faint cheers of "Macho, Macho" echo in the streets for a few minutes later.

Report Post Tip

^_~ !? are you guys serious? Killing a whole city by night, just for some school playground discussion? O_O

omg, if this isnt bad karma i totally disagree with your total Unreal motive and i believe there is a more important reason than this. be frank and truthfull and dont tell story like this, who is gonna believe this is the MAIN reason of such killings?!?

Reply by: TinoDiRosolini at Mar 18, '11 02:13

The ordinarilly ruthless SexyBEAST lends TinoDiRosolini a caring smile

You know, when I'm feeling sad, I like to go to the park and feed the pigeons. Come with me young Tino. Let's take a walk, and perhaps we can find a lesson in the wake of all this bloodshed.

The SexyBEEEEAST takes Tino to a nearby park bench and the two of them have a seat. SexyBeast reaches into his pocket and produces some bird feed. He hands some to Tino and the two toss the feed out to the pigeons as the sun shines on them.

Mob wars bring out a variety of emotions in people Tino, so I don't judge you for being angry or confused. Believe it or not, the slaughter of CharlieCroker and the city of Los Angeles was very bittersweet for me. On one hand, I was filled with a great feeling of pride for my city, who came out of this takedown both victorious and unscathed.

But on the other hand, I couldn't help but feel sad for CharlieCroker. He seemingly had everything that a crime boss would want; his own city, money coming in, but maybe most importantly... a low profile. Keeping a low-profile is probably not the most glamorous trait a Godfather can be known for, but rather a very under-rated and under-appreciated one. A Crime Boss shouldn't be making headlines or drawing attention to himself. Much to his credit, CharlieCroker kept a low-profile and was pretty much left alone by law enforcement and other crime syndicates across the country. What he lacked in terms of power and influence, he made up for by flying under the radar. This was a smart business move by Charlie. When trouble and treachery reared its ugly head, Charlie had the good sense to let other cities take care of the majority of the heavy lifting. Also a smart play. Even when half his captains turned on him in mutiny, other than a protection order and some threats alerting the fleeing unsponsored LA criminals that they had no choice but to return to LA, it drew very little attention or headlines. Whether the minimal attention the incident received was out of respect for CharlieCroker's ordeal or lack of interest, it spared him additional embarrassment and could be considered yet another positive for Godfather CharlieCroker. All things considered, things were going well. But in the end, he let it all slip away over something foolish, and that is where the lesson in all of this lies.

I don't know why CharlieCroker would take offense to something as prestigious as the suit ornament worn by the Chicago associate he confronted. He was running a perfectly fine, quiet, and most likely very lucrative operation from the shadows of obscurity and had what remained of his Captains pledging their loyalties to him. Perhaps he felt the need to flex a bit after suffering recent humiliations by his own underlings. Perhaps a sense of inferiority developed over time and he felt the need to validate himself. Whatever his reason, it ended up being his undoing. A shame, but maybe future leaders will learn from his mistake. In This Thing of Ours, if you always look for a lesson, and then learn from it, you will go far in this life.

May I wrap this up by saying Rest in Peace to Godfather CharlieCroker as well as to all the slain Friends of Ours from Los Angeles.... and last but certainly not least, long live Godfather Roman, the City of Chicago, and of course the legendary namesake of PizzaTheHut.

The crowd hoists PizzaTheHut up onto their shoulders and passed around as 'He's a jolly good fellow' is sung in unison. A parade is held in his honor.

Report Post Tip

You know..... I was upset when i found out i was dead.

But now that Premeir has spoke i dont feel so bad..... 

They drilled that into my head all day long, but then they go ahead and do it themselfs.......Funny 

Reply by: The_King at Mar 18, '11 10:18

Nice to see you are a traitor too. Run right to the family who shot you up??? You wont last long.

Report Post Tip

Hutch takes a step out of the crowd to voice his opinion.

Now my father and my grandfather both worked in the city of Los Angeles under Godfather Charlie Croker. They wrote in their journals that it was a good place to work. The people treated you with respect and they were good mobsters. Yes, my father and the entire city was taken out. Roman could've just sat back and gave no explanation. But no, he took his time to come out here and make a speech about what his reasons were. Was I upset that my father was killed along with the others. Well of course I was. Who doesn't mourn after their family is killed. But did I come out here and complain and bitch like others have. No I didn't. When you join this thin of ours you join knowing that you can die at any moment for any number of reasons. Those who come out here and try to bitch and moan about what happened disgrace their father or mother and those that they worked with in Los Angeles by showing such immaturity. Just suck it up and move on with your lives. Things such as this happen all the time within the mafia. 

Now as for the reasoning. It is a perfectly legitimate reason. One, as Prem stated he saved Godfather Croker on two occasions when he could have sat back and done nothing. He could have said let them take care of their problems or I'm not warning them. But no he did what he thought was right and helped. This showed that Croker couldn't handle some things. Yes he was a great mobster but things happened that you usually don't see happen within a city. Secondly, Godfather Croker was mixing the coffee shops Who-err group with his business as Godfather of Los Angeles. This is bad for business. His job was as many stated, to take care of Los Angeles and not worry about such petty things. But he did what he felt he needed to and this doomed the city of Los Angeles. No man, even in his position can go past the city leaders of another city and try to bully and tell their member what to do. He should have spoken to Roman if he felt so damn strongly about such a thing as a coffee shop group.

Well I think I've spoken my mind. If you think I'm wrong go and tell it to somebody who cares. Because I'm not going to listen to nonsense and I'm definitely not going to make an effort to reply. 

Hutch takes out a cigar and lights it before turning and making his way to his car and driving away.

Report Post Tip

Mr. Pickles mulls over all that has been said, carefully.

My family has been involved with numerous subsets of our society for many generations, and one can and should feel a loyalty to their friends.  However, sometimes responsibilities take precedence over certain loyalties. 

I myself had once, inadvertantly, become embroiled in an argument with another crewleader.  You know what he said to me?  No, because I haven't told you yet.  But, he said, "if you have a problem, you can have Premier and Whatshername talk to me."  I hadn't known I was engaging a crewleader in my dispute but upon learning I had, I told Premier what happened, and I dropped it.  And, so did this CL.

When you have a problem with the waiter, you talk to the manager.  When you have a problem with a goomba, you talk to their crewleader.  It is still unclear to me if Croker and Roman spoke on the matter or what the outcome of any such conversation was.  However, actions have consequences.  Was it all worth it?  I doubt it.

Report Post Tip

I would agree that bullying a goomba hardly justifies leveling a city, but a godfather needs no justification.  He answers to no one, unless those who might pose a threat to him, as the late Charlie found out.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Report Post Tip

the bullying alone is not the only principle in question here George_constanza.

The Fact thats been stated prove more than just bullying on Charlie's behalf and as for leveling the full city thats been explained also with the fact that the city was loyal and rightly so to charlie you cant take out just one man and not expect retaliation Roman made the decision rightly and swiftly whilst minimizing deaths all round.

Report Post Tip

"Nice to see you are a traitor too. Run right to the family who shot you up??? You wont last long."

He won't last long? Who's city is still standing.

Further more how is he a traitor? He reconized a legit reason that your city caused and said you know what i'll be a man and move on.

You should do the same, or you won't last long.

Report Post Tip

Premeir has made some amazing points for the defense of Chicago. I would like to say that everything he has said, I agree with. Not just for the reason some of you might think, but when you think about it, he makes a lot of sense. Chicago has done what we see fit as a punishment. I saw no bullying happening at all. If I was to make a mistake, there is always a chance I could die. Charlie made a mistake and Roman didn't like it. So actions were taken to make sure that his mistake does not happen again.

Having spoken his peace, donmorrison walks off puffing on his cigar.

Report Post Tip

Alabama stands in awe at the amount of people standing before her that seem to have trouble understanding Godfather Romans words

I don't quite grasp the problem people are having with what Godfather Roman has said. He gave his reason for the attack, for which people should be entirely grateful as no-one is required to account to the masses, this is a courtesy. He stated an example of the behaviour that we had come to expect from Godfather Croker and the most troubling factor of this is not that he was approaching a mere Goomba, but the fact he was bringing Coffee shop friendships into play and using his authoritive position to try and force someone to do as he pleased, when he had no authority over that person.

Also, the levelling of the entire city based on the actions of its Godfather should come as no shock to anyone in our life. Godfather Roman has 1 concern and only 1 concern, the safety of Chicago. If he anticipates the fall out from the death of Godfather Croker could risk the life of even 1 of his members, then he is well within his rights to do what he feels is necessary to ensure that doesn't happen. Obviously its a shame for so many to lose their lives, we all have friends that will suffer in times like this and I could understand why this causes some people to get upset, but a lot of folk seem to be ignoring all the information given to them on the subject and speaking out purely because of the pain they have suffered with lost loved ones. My advice to those in this situation; Suck it up. The reasons couldn't be more clear, the events were preventable and caused only by the actions of Godfather Croker, anyone who doesn't understand that the actions of their leader and/or Godfather directly impacts their lives, needs to re-evaluate their view on this thing of ours.

Its time now for those that died to be laid to rest and everyone to move forward. Disputing the above points will get us nowhere, whats done is done.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity made her way onto the street and had watched from the back of the group while people yelled and argued against who was right and who was wrong. This was a typical scene after a city was wiped out in a war, but this time people were attacking her city. She wanted to allow people to get what they wanted out in the open before she spoke, but now she figured it was a good time to speak up.

Walking foward she smiled at those around and put in her two cents.

"Many of you seem to believe that Roman, the head of my lovely city, Chicago, runs around and takes out who he feels like when he feels like it. I suppose it could seem like that, but have you ever noticed that when there isn't a strong presence to keep others in line, people begin to run rampant?"

Pausing for a second she watches as others listen to her.

"They do as they please and don't think about what sort of consequences they could bring upon themselves or those around them. There is always need for a powerful source, whatever it may be, to be around. We all have seen powers rise and fall in our way of life and as much as we could say we don't need such a powerful city, you do. You need that city to keep the rest in line if they were ever to pull a stupid stunt like shown or continue to ignore the selfish ways they have, which makes their own city suffer. It's for our own safety and yours."

Pushing her hair behind her ear she made sure to get to her last point.

"When people continue to ignore the help they have got from others and slowly but surely bring down their city. Isn't it better to take them out before that city affects the rest too much? When you try to help someone going down they can bring you down with them. What Godfather Roman showed us was to show how weak of a leader he was becoming, that a Godfather chose to attack a Goomba over such a silly controversial thing. This is not me saying he was a bad Godfather. For anyone to reach such a height is a grand acheivement, but how you handle yourself says the rest."

Ending her little speech she figured she would rap it up with one little thing.

"Now we should probably stop fuming over the past and those bashing should probably get to work on leading this kin on to do greater things than the last. Rest in peace those that have fallen for many were friends of ours also."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Fall of CharlieCroker
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL