Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 06:08:11
Page:  1 
Mirror Mirror on the wall. Started by: SINGER on Mar 18, '11 08:03

Let me ask a question. Its a question you don't have to say here in the streets or talk about with your family or talk about it in the coffee shops. Its a question i would like you all to ask yourself though. To look at the mirror before you put on your flashy suits and drive down in your nice cars with dead bodies and explosions behind you. It is a question that challenges your very nature right to the core.

My question is not what are you, but my question is who are you?

SINGER wonders if his tiny love of philosophy is best made known in the streets.

See sometimes i believe we get lost in this false identity making ourselves up to be something we are not. We die and so goes on with life. We arent all going to be around forever so how will you be remembered. I think the statement and the fact that we wont all be around forever never really hits home until we see one of our best friends in that casket at that funeral home.

I lost a pirate named Jack sparrow and A brother named Brown eyed handsome man. I lost a sister named roxanna and a friend named lauren. I went on and as i took a trip to LA i got a message that bellarosa had been shot and killed. Anthony_Bellarosa was probably one of the greatest leaders people could have wanted. People would have commited suicide and killed to be in his crew if they knew how great he was and i was fortunate to have been made there in the order of the black roses.

SINGER makes the sign of the cross offering a prayer for those he was so blessed to know.

People leave impressions on you wether you like it or not and you will too. I know there are some people that everyone hates i wont say any names or anything but thats still the case. While there are others that people just cant seem to function without. Recognize those people before its to late.

Now back to my question. The identity of ones own self. Who are you? Not are you some great big ol made man from a family in Topeka Kansas that no one has ever heard about. No who are you what will people remember when you are killed off and nothing is left. What will people say about you when you are gone. Are you going to be known as the great godfather that ruled over a city for a couple of months? Are you going to be remembered as the person who was there for John Doe when no one else was? Are you going to be remembered as the person who tried so hard to become something he was never able to be?

I think we all have dreams, Personally i dream about making the greatest street thread in all of mafia history. I dream about punching tyler durden in the face and getting away with it. I would like to encourage you to go out and reach your dreams i mean personally you are spending hours and hours wearing your suits why not go and reach your goals?

SINGER takes a sip of his water and looks at all the people gathered around.

In the end before you put on your suit tomorrow morning i want to encourage you to ask your self while looking in the mirror, Who am i?

Finally walking off in the distance or at least two blocks down he entered his apartment and stared at the broken mirror. Picking up a piece he fixed his eyes upon it and saw the faces of his friends and family those he loved and those he did not like. Setting the piece of glass back down he looks up at that starry night sky and thanks his God for another day in life.

Report Post Tip

CHpistol listens. Singer makes some interesting points.

Boss Singer, it is with the utmost respect I stand here today and say, aye, those are mostly words I can stand by. But I must interject.

It seems you concern yourself more with less who a person is and more with how they're perceived. Why should I--or any mafioso for that matter--care what one thinks about me? Sure, I carry myself with respect towards my people and everyone else (for the most part), but that's just part of the moral code. It's not because I want people to think of me any better, or to consider me the greatest of the P'istoloni people to ever descend. You're the one asking "who are you" to yourself; there's no one else staring at that bathroom mirror, trying to find an identity. 

Does everyone like me? No, and that's ok. I'm staying true to who I am, and those that can see it for what it is, those who respect it and still offer their hand when I enter the room, they think fondly of me. Is it because I catered my actions for them? Not at all. I hope it's because they can see I'm a genuine gangster, a man who stays by his own convictions and does not care what the rest of this thing of our thinks about him.

And why does that work? Easy: When you're a real gangster, real to yourself through and through, everything will come to you.

I'm not saying the work is done, or ever finishes; nobody will ever hand you anything in this country you didn't deserve, unless you gamble all your bills away and you're living in the shantys. And no one is just going to hand you that promotion because, hey, you robbed a couple gas stations here and there. But as long as you maintain respect for others and a sense of integrity for yourself, it will all come to you, whether in flakes or avalanche. 

CHpistol tips his hat to SINGER.

A good day to you, sir.

Report Post Tip

Excellent question Mr SINGER.

This may sound unambitious to some of you, but I see myself as a worker. I have no intentions of starting my own family. I just want to put in the hard graft and earn as much as possible for my leader. I am loyal to my city and to be honest, I know that my talents are best suited towards serving and working, rather than leading.

I guess this stemmed back from a diary entry I read from one of my fore-fathers. He was a leader and unfortunately was betrayed by his RHM. I guess this has put me off wanting to become a leader, as sometimes trust is hard to find.

Anyways, as I said, some of you might see this as unambitious but I am just answering the question posed by Mr SINGER honestly.

Takes his wooden box and goes to find another street talker to jump in on

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mirror Mirror on the wall.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL