Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 03:39:56
Page:  1 
Bloodlining is it still a thing? Started by: Left on May 06, '20 07:08

Let's start with the people who will say they won't bloodline! 

west this poor excuse of a man has specifically said he will not bloodline me or my members.

Yet was consistently asking for the names of my members.

When I pushed back on this I was the the one being un reasonable.

Now ballers has paid for what? Because I stood up for my members?

And as for grin-07 whit his mighty mouth talking about purging.

You have become what you said you wanted to prevent.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Are  blood lining and stalking similar?  

Report Post Tip

There are two kinds of "bloodlining". The first is its most heinous form, and consists of regimes systematically eliminating all potent bloodlines that are not verified and vouched for by the members of that regime. This is where you see swaths of Made+s eliminated (sometimes entire cities, in the cases of KateMacer's LA and Hoth's DT). In my opinion, this is a profound abuse of the top-down nature of the game, and more often than not ends in interventions by the Gods.

The second kind operates in a gray area, because for many people in this world their adherence to their bloodlines and the relationships their ancestors fostered is more significant than anyone with whom they interact with in the present day. In the chronology of our Mafia, a war rages between groups of bloodlines that are always vying for a shot at the top. In these cases, identifying, isolating, and destroying the most dangerous of these bloodlines and their known associates has less to do with consolidating power and more to do with protecting your own.

But still, it's not black and white. It's black and gray, particularly when it's hard to keep track of who is "your own" and who isn't. Based on my perspective of those running each of our cities, I do not anticipate a likely return to the first scenario I outlined above. However, I also do not rule out the likelihood of the second, especially as those who perished not long ago find kin to carry on their legacy (and vendettas).

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Thank  you  Extos  I appreciate a well thought out  answer to the question posed. 

I am aware it is not black and white.  I am also aware of the two sides of bloodlining  my bloodline has spoken  on both sides before. 

While I do not think they are completely the same I do think they have similarities between them  that make it, as you call it  and I like that term so I will borrow it if you do not mind,  the Heinous side of bloodline more like stalking.

While the other side we can call it nepotism to is when you work with a bloodline that you have worked with before for  reasons such they are a good earner, or reliable. etc..  So I think  that would take the nepotism side of bloodlining out of this question.  

Report Post Tip

She sniffs the air and thinks to herself... 

Yep, I know that smell. That be the rank aroma of someone suffering from OOCitis in our beloved Streets. I do hope that the Street Sweeper gets my message before more are infected. 

Someone should really set up a clinic or something... Heal those with OOCitis so they can return to the Streets and behave like mature adults instead of blathering muttonheads.

She wanders off to grab an apple from a fruit stand up the road.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Garou was enjoying his stroll through the streets. The sun beat down, casting a glorious glow over the flowers and trees which surrounded the busy walkways as people did their shopping, smiles on their faces, hands filled with overflowing department store bags.

As he continued to walk, he then saw someone in the middle of the path looking slightly inebriated. Well, this was the only reasonable explanation he could come up with. Whilst they were a new face, someone he had never met before, they did remind him of someone similar from recent times. The last one would scream from the top of their lungs about how they had been in this business for 25 years and should be listened to by the masses. Taking out his notepad, he smiled as he watched passersby all happy to continue their days, seemingly oblivious to the street ranter.

"Even though these street shouters have so much experience, boy do they talk funny." he thought to himself, jotting down the numerous amount of errors he had heard in the way they conveyed their words.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Dear God, there has never been a more brainless and unfunny contribution to a conversation than accusing someone of "OOCitis". I get that it can be hard, sitting on the sidelines for over three months with literally nothing of importance, interest, or intelligence to contribute to the Streets, but perhaps the next time you emerge from your band of tipping troglodytes you can muster up the patience and cognition to say something more than a useless meta-commentary to snag a few VIP points.

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

The post that I was referencing as being OOC was deleted before the thread was moved from the Streets to OOC (where it belongs). Maybe Jen can have the post taken out of the bin and viewable again so my post makes more sense and can be taken in the context it was meant while it was in the Streets.

You are correct, I did sit on the sidelines for a couple of months doing absolutely nothing of any relevance, importance, intelligence, or interest. Nor did I contribute in any way beyond donating the money I earned voting, selling drugs, and getting achievements done to my leaders. I didn't want to. I didn't need to. I fully admit to enjoying myself banking instas and watching the world go around. Guess what? I'm not the only one in the history of MR that has done the exact same thing before deciding that they were ready to, or had a reason to, do otherwise. After almost 20 years of not having a slack character I chose to test drive the theory that it can be quite cathartic. It is by the way. It really is. It helped me see what I love about this place. Stepping back for a few months was the best decision I could have made.

I could care less about VIP points, Rogues, Roguette, or even the vast majority of credits that MRBot spews into my PM. I don't even try for them. That's not what the game is about for me. 

I can't help how you view my friends or myself. Nor do I really want to as we are all entitled to our own opinions. These opinions can be expressed in many ways, such as calling someone who preaches RP/staying in character and OOC posts being the downfall of our Streets and Business Districts (more importantly, when it is their own threads involved) out. Especially when they are known for flip their shit if someone DARES post something OOC or off-topic in their "discussions". At least I did so in a manner that was still in-character in a forum that is supposed to be in-character. 

Thank you for taking the time out of your day that it took to type up that response. It makes me feel important. You took those few moments and dedicated them to me. A real life changer there. 

Report Post Tip
Bloodling will always be a thing. Its so those that cant catch you in war can make themselves feel good about getting a free kill on you😭😭😭.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Bloodlining is it still a thing?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL