Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:24:12
Page:  1 
The little guy leaving a foot note Started by: Johnny3Tears on Feb 28, '08 09:18
Mario 'the third leg' Laing

It was Christmas at the Laing home December of 1980. Just after Christmas dinner good old dad Mario tells the kids a story about the good old days.

Back when he was about sixteen and was running around with the mafia and his days of crime. Dad was always a character, so quiet but so close to the ones he cared about. Sometimes mom wondered if dad was closer to the mafia than he was her, but deep down she knew that he held her closer.

See in the mafia you can't have weakness dad says. When asked why he always says "They'll use them against you, don't be a fool. Never have weaknesses exposed". He never made it big just kind of stuck by the side of his partner in crime you could say.

Antonio Pesaro, I like to know him as Anthony 'moonlighting' Pesaro.

Dad always described him as having two sides, one in the mafia and one to his wife. The two lives he had never crossed paths, but his wife Danni always knew what he was into.

See in the mafia you've got all these different people. There's the boss of course, then the boss has a right hand man who takes care of everything and then the captains that make sure the soldiers do what they're told.

See my dad Mario 'the third leg' Laing was a soldier you may even be able to say less than that since he practically was the right hand to Anthony.

My dad though keeps Anthony up on a platform no one else can touch, like a godly figure. See Anthony was very good at what he did. He owned a simple butcher shop near the Russo Family speak easy my dad said. Anthony wasn't too old and when his father died left him the butcher shop as a gift to Anthony at the age of 19. Even though Anthony grew up only knowing the mafia life he hid it very well from everyone.

Anthony had been in the Russo family mafia for years. My dad isn't even sure how long, but he knows Anthony's father was in the same mafia. I bet you're wondering well how he would die or what not. Well Anthony was always around with his father whom was forty three years old when he was shot to death when collecting from the businesses around town. See when this happened Anthony felt like he had some sort of duty not only to stay in the mafia to honor his father but to also get revenge.

Anthony did exactly that but not quite in the best way. See Anthony had been working for Russo for close to seventeen years and to most Mafioso's that's nothing at all. Anthony was about twenty though when he got his fathers' killer. Young and naive seeing as how it was a rival family's captain, very well known. Even though revenge is something that is dealt with guns eventually usually people take the time to figure things out before going "trigger happy" you could say. Anthony though was upset with how his father was killed without retaliation.

So Anthony like I was saying killed the man and took that upon himself. However about four days after he shot that captain the family he belonged to tried to hit Anthony, but someone made a mistake and they tried to hit the wrong guy.

Sad thing is that wrong guy was the captain of the little crew Anthony belonged to. His name was Ricky 'The Gasbag' Jackson. Yeah weird name let me tell ya.

I'm not sure if that's his real nickname or not but from what my dad has told me it seems to suit him well.

See Ricky always treated people below him like they owed him something and only him, but when it came to any other captains, the right hand, or Russo you'd never hear him speak without saying Sir at the end of a sentence. Ricky though always seems to be like a knife with Anthony. One side admired him and how ruthless he was to stick to love for the family but the other side of Ricky hated him like you hate when you step on a piece of gum walking down the street. See the person the other family who put the hit out on was actually Ricky, see one of the families grunts you could say, and messed up. He didn't think that a hit this high up in ranks would come from a soldier killing one of the most important captains in his family. So he assumed that it came from the cockiest and loud mouthed captain, Ricky.

Even though the hit went wrong and Ricky was shot in the arm and another bullet only gave him a flesh wound on the side of his ribs he was pissed.

Anthony never intended on getting Ricky shot, but Ricky and Anthony's father were close and seen together a lot in public. Ricky loves Anthony but has a hate for him just for this. Ha-ha every time I think about it I even would understand why Ricky hates Anthony. Anthony always worked hard though to show to Anthony that he never meant any harm to come to him. All he was looking for was to avenge his fathers' death

Luckily Russo struck a deal with the other family before he was forced to send his hit squad to take out their Boss. Seeing as how the other boss didn't want to die it didn't take Russo much to persuade him. After this it seemed Anthony better just to stick to what he knows and what's best for him and the Russo family.

Over the next eight months Anthony stuck to life around the butcher shop and collecting all that was owed by the local shops on his street like usual. During those few months things began to change you could say. Anthony found his FiancDanni. Danni was new to town and was from a small town in Indiana. Came to the city to find out what it has to offer a small town girl. She had been a customer for awhile before Anthony even asked her out. Ha-ha the great thing about it was my dad said that's the one time he saw Anthony actually get weak at the knees for anything or anyone. Whatever Danni asked for it seemed Anthony weighed it out to be a lil more so that way she'd always come back. My dad always asked Anthony what made him go weak at the knees. All he could say was tan, tall, black hair, dark eyes, and sweet soft voice. Not much more you can ask for in my opinion. Anthony loved Danni so much he never let his business with the Russo family intervene with their life. He always kept her closer to her heart and no one knew that up till the end. I suppose you could say things with Anthony and Danni are like the old saying "two peas in a pod".

Now see about here is were my dad is going to end the story for the young ones. He never has told anyone the whole story except my mother and I. That's for good cause to considering the Russo family is still around and the case stayed open, but he told us because it affected us. I understand it may be very confusing like, "He already told them about knowing a murderer and holding people to pay the Mafia". The thing is that stuff is expected when hearing the mafia stories ya know? But there is always something behind the cover and someone, kind of like an unopened book and the author who wrote it. Now to get to the good part about everything and I'll try and give the best details. See how everything really went was amazing. Everything I've already told you is true to the "T", but the parts that were left out are the ones that no one is suppose to really know about. Other than the Russo family that is.

See Anthony wasn't just the average soldier for the Russo family, he had a good gun. He was the up and coming lead hitter for the family actually. After everything calmed down when Anthony killed the captain in those months who killed his father and Ricky was shot things heated up again.

Russo himself ordered Ricky, Anthony, and my father Mareo to take out the family head. Slowly the hit squad picked apart the family getting it down to just about fifteen maybe twenty left. They were supposed to make the hit at a local speak easy. Everything was going accordingly when they got there. After the dinner Ricky, Anthony, and Mareo followed them back to their headquarters. Where they had already sent the rest the hit squad to take out the last, 'wise guys' you could say. See this is where the proverbial shit hit the fan with the whole deal.

When they got there and were ready to make the hit the cops busted Ricky and Mareo. Anthony got away and both Ricky and Mareo got off with nothing since the Russo family had enough money to buy the city for Christ sakes. After Russo did some bribing with the investigators they were able to get the family head after all. Wouldn't you know it Anthony was told to take the shot too. It was clear Anthony was going to lead his own family one day.

He went from being a butcher's son to the hit squad leader. What Russo didn't know though was that family head apparently was the brother of Sally 'The Sour' Vitalli the biggest mob out of New Orleans. I know what your thinking, a girl? But this wasn't just a girl, if you even looked at her wrong your eyes were hers'.... literally. She was the top hitter in the Southeast.

Sally came to kill Anthony herself. At this point Anthony had already setup under Russo so he was under heavy protection for months. Unfortunately one rainy night came and Anthony had to leave sweet Danni home alone for a night. Later he found her and the few wise guys he left to protect her dead.

Russo and Anthony took there families to war against Sally. Unfortunately Anthony and Sally found each other in the streets and dueled it out with the few men they had. Anthony went down after killing Sally's right hand. Russo came back for Sally and it took years to get her, but the life Anthony led a life proving even the people who aren't expected to do anything... may do soooo much more.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The little guy leaving a foot note
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL