Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:22:06
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Clear as mud. Started by: Vodoo on Feb 28, '08 17:22
The coffeeshop argument and the streets is for a different day, sadly. I have my opinion on it.

But in an age where RHM are punished by the Gods for words in a coffeeshop, where the deaths are reported and people are even receiving alerts directly, are we not just steadily erasing the divide?
Report Post Tip
I am sure, SillySausage, that if Orwell knew that refusing the deaths of one if his members would have put the rest at risk, then we may have hand a different scenario on our hands.
Report Post Tip
Finally, can I just say "ta" to Voodoo, this whole thing nearly went on without any comment in the streets - we all know it's futile with the current state of affairs, but for an active and popular CL to be gunned down over something this pathetic deserves comment.

It is called pre-empting the negative, my boy fan.
Report Post Tip
Why during this whole argument, has nobobdy bothered to mention putting this into perspective Zeb wouldnt have done fuck all anyway.

That's not a dig him, but his life was put above the rest of the family and Orwel's life?

Orwel; Zeb mate do you mind, taking a holiday for a bit change your name etc... sorry to ask but you know how it is.

Zeb; Yes no worries , dont wanna cause you any grief.

And Obvioulsy;

Altitude; Is this a good idea?

Anyone; No, dont be a tit.

It did not even need to come close to how it end.
Report Post Tip
I've been a long time away from this world but it seems that old world rules no longer apply.

Firstly, that coffee shop conversations should never be taken into the 'real world'. Well, to be honest, they always have been so there's no surprise there.

Secondly, its my understanding that altitude killed this guys father, and then gloated in the coffee shops how he was going to kill any family line he may have.

If this is the case, and is actually being allowed, then it isn't the world I knew.

Still, what do I know?
Report Post Tip
Again, Vodoo; my father did not knowingly put the life of Zebedee before his other members. He had absolutely no idea that actions which occured on IRC avenue before he had even began his tenure as a Leader. Had he known the actions of the alter-ego of one man could've caused such needless damage, I can all but assure you things would have turned out differently.

I tried not to get involved in this, not wanting to look like the embittered son coming to the streets for a good moan because, really, I'm not that kind of guy. But I really couldn't stand by and have you all assuming that my father knowingly put the life of one man, yes a personal friend but just a family member when all was said and done, above that of his other family members. This was not the case.
Report Post Tip
But if we are slowly erasing the divide then why is no-one putting a stop to it?

This has brought it back to a forefront. A leader was killed because of what someone said in the coffee shops. Now is a chance to say no more.

You don't have to kill anyone only say enough is enough. If it happens again then the shit will hit the fan.
Report Post Tip
I don't see a solution to the problem. I can't think of a way clarify where the line is. It is every individual's choice to cast aside their coffeeshop counterpart or to embrace them. Saying 'please don't do that' is going to achieve little.

And no, a leader was not killed for something that was said in a coffeeshop, a leader was killed for protecting one of his members that a more powerful leader wanted dead.
Report Post Tip
The more powerful leader wanted him dead because of what was said in a coffee shop though.
Report Post Tip
Yeah.

Had his leader granted that request, he would be alive.

Still, I don't really think we're progressing and further with this.
Report Post Tip
Nor do I but it should provoke some kind of response from somewhere. This is obviously a coffee shop thing that went to far and things need to be looked at as to how we can stop it in the future.

To see a Made Man/Crew Leader killed over his members actions in a coffee shop is extreme to say the least and something I hope to never see again.
Report Post Tip
So are we saying that we should be able to say what we want in coffee shops without the fear of any consquences?

end of the day, a lot of planning happens in coffee shops

wars are planned in coffee shops

treaties are signed in coffed shops

we are paged about deaths in the coffee shops

EVERY important decision is made within the coffee shop

more talking between mafiaso happens in the coffee shops then the streets....FACT

So therefore, you should expect that anything that occurs in the coffee shops can result in you being killed

most respect is earnt and lsot within the coffee shops, maybe we should remember that?
Report Post Tip
I refuse to get wrapped up in the rights and wrongs of this argument, as I, wasn't involved, nor do I wish to attempt to change someone else's mind in this matters....something that isn't going to happen anyway.

What I do want to address is one, interesting point Numbers4Glory brought up. We do live in a world, now, where certain rules (challenges/dares/etc.), have been passed down from on high, without any sort of boundaries being set, nor "gray" filtered from the black and white, and thusly, is it any shock everyone in this world is on edge when it comes to "disrespect" around here? This world is setting itself up to lose, and no, it's not because of this "CP dominated" bunch of leaders.

Again, my opinions on what was right/wrong on this matter, has nothing to do with the point I just tried to make. Rather, I'd like to see certain things addressed/clarified (something that HAS NOT been done yet), so that this paranoia and lack of clarity can be cleared up, and thusly, issues like this will not/cannot be attributed to this aforementioned problem.
Report Post Tip
But that is not right SillySausage.

You use a different personna in the coffee shops and one that does not necessarily mirror the image of your character on these streets.

I used to agree that a certain amount of interaction with family could be done in the coffee shops but it is nearly at the point where you hardly receive a Mob Mail anymore.

Yes, there should be consequences in the coffee shops. You are banned from them. Wars or anything else do not NEED to be planned there that is just the way the world is now..
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Clear as mud.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL