Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:03:57
Page:  1 
Money or Entertainment Started by: Salvatore-Licata on Feb 29, '08 05:50
A young, well dressed man steps outside onto the streets and starts to gather some people around him, then he starts to speak

"Greetings fellow mafiosi,

I am here today because I have a little question, the question is money or entertainment?"

The man lights himself a cigarette and continues his speech

"I was wondering if some of you people would reject a good deal with some drug dealers to get some entertainment in a different city where the actuall drug prices aren't the best or do you always decide you flights about the drug prices? Is money more important for you than some nice entertainment in certain cities?"

"Of course money is very important, I also often decide money above entertainment, but when I am looking for some good entertainment I fly to another city with not knowing what prices the local dealer have to offer or even if I know that the prices aren't those what I am looking for."

"And one last question, what should a business, a bar or an other establishment offer you to make you come to the city where it's based? Good music? Cheap woman? Lot's of people? I'm just interested as I already saw many good bars or businesses which aren't used a bit so I just wondered."

"So, what do you do?"

With these last words the young man throws his cigarette on the ground and steps on it and waits for an answer.
Report Post Tip
Unfortunately, entertainment does not figure high on my priorities lst when it comes time to hop on a plane. While I do have a couple establishments which I frequent, I tend to stop by when I'm in the area and not base my travel plans on them.
Report Post Tip
I'd have to agree with Bill, I base my destination more on the current market, than the entertainment. That's not to say that couldn't change, but currently I find each city on a par in terms of entertainment venues. Whereas they can differ greatly in terms of the market price of whatever it is I'm trying to shift.

With regard to decent entertainment, I guess priority for me would be somewhere that was lively.
Report Post Tip
Santino scratches his chin and ponders the question.

I imagine most people who have no interest in entertainment always travel to where the money is. Most of the time I do the same thing, but there are some cities I prefer to go to over others.

I love Philly and New York for various sentimental reasons. Someone in the crowd laughs at Santino. He turns around to look for the heckler. Hey! Zip it. I'm a sentimental guy. Women love that side of me. Back to what I was saying, I was born in New York and I work in Philly. I think of both cities as home. They have entertaining business districts and the best food in the world.

Another city close to my heart is Chicago. My wife and girlfriend live there, but my wife doesn't know I'm in the mafia and my girlfriend doesn't know I'm married so I have to be very careful when I'm there to spend time with my gals and run my business. I won't advertise my shop out here, but I will tell you about another entertaining business in Chicago, Platinum has a place where some very unusual women work for him. Check it out next time you're there.

A city I dread going to is Los Angeles. The food sucks, but don't take my word for it. Next time you're there get a Philly cheese steak sandwich, Chicago style pizza or a big Italian meal like you get in New York. They all taste like cardboard in L.A. If that's not bad enough the business district is dead. The entire city should fall off into the Pacific ocean and swim with the fishes.

Santino stops rambling and checks his watch.

I have to go. I have a flight to Vegas in an hour. See you guys later.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Money or Entertainment
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL