Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 16:03:06
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Should I just kill Kirsty or what? Started by: Grin-07 on May 18, '20 12:41

Another day, another raft of contracts taken out on the life of old Grin-07. $60,000,000 this time, two bites at the cherry and that makes it nearly $700,000,000 in total which has been spent in rewards on the lives of this old Don and his people. The tone of the hits vary slightly but the overriding message remains the same; you're being targeted for sponsoring and protecting first CommissarKuku and now Kirsty. 

My feeling thus far has been one of not compromising the nature of our business for a bit of cash. Kirsty has made her bones in Chicago and as such is considered family. Cutting her loose now, regardless of how certain chubby sun-dodgers view her from the corners of their parents' attic, seems like an admission that being Made is worthless. Worse, that my word is worthless and I wouldn't really want to let the hitlist crows score that kind of victory.

However, I wondered if anyone considered that maybe it would be sensible at this stage to just kill her off? In my shoes, would you give in and remove the supposed bad egg from your clutch or would you continue to buyout the hits? Is there a point where your opinion would change? Do you disagree with bloodlining or is it ok provided it is only someone like Kuku? 

Report Post Tips: 21 / Total: $420,000 Tip

Not on the ground of the hitlists, I would say..

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This is a difficult situation Grin-San, and I can understand your problem. Earlier today I was approached by a man in Murakami's Noodle Shop in Chicago, and I said something that I believe is apt here. "There is no monster more dangerous than a lack of compassion." I don't always agree with Kirsty, I find her humour too different to my own. I find her often crass and self absorbed, often more interested in her own self worth than our society. We seldom see eye to eye on anything, but occasionally we do on the most basic of premises. However, as you say, Kirsty has served you well, as did her Father. They did exactly what was asked of them, and they were loyal to your crew. They supplied finances to assist in the buying off of some of the hits and despite her and her father's enlarged ego and willingness to place both their feet into their own mouths, they are generally harmless. 

A great man once said, "Do Not feed the Troll" and that is all that is required to stop the Kuku bloodline from ruining your day. Don't interact with them, don't converse with them, if you hear them speaking simply walk on by. This is too hard for some people, so they would rather lash out in what ever way they feel they can. I have listened to Kirsty's pseudo-psychological discourse, and I have to say I disagree with most of it, it is simply put what we have come to expect from her family line. However, I do agree that the person or persons placing the hits are cowards, ineffectual cowards who do not have the ability to kill Kirsty directly, so they hide behind what they assume to be the safety of placing anonymous hits, hoping that Tyler Durden will do their work for them. I also agree with Right, that they are sitting in their coffee shops laughing at the reaction they provoke.

If you kill Kirsty now, they win, you will have taken the course of action that they have demanded. And then what? What if the next one that offends them is Nipper, or Zapata, or Fidd, or Underscore I... will you kill them too? Simply put, 'The line must be drawn here. This far, no further.' You can not capitulate, you cannot give in, for to do so would be to start down a very slippery path from which there will be no return. You must not, feed the trolls... the trolls who are intent on destroying our way of life and who are actually lesser than Kirsty. At least she is standing here in the open, and will fight anyone who wants to go toe to toe with her, not skulking about in the shadows and hiding behind Tyler Durden. How low must you be to have to hide behind that man? How ineffectual must you feel that your only recourse is place hits on people from the shadows instead of manning up and making your move.

Perhaps though, I judge them too harshly, perhaps they do have a plan, bilk you of your money, keep you unable to train your bodyguards and your gun through a lack of finances whilst they train their own, and when their balls have finally grown along with their guns they will finally emerge from the shadows in an ineffectual attempt to swing the balance of power. It would be an audacious plan, one that could be sung about like the epic of Gilgamesh, were it not flawed and doomed to failure. How can they not realise that their identities are already known, and when it will be the most humorous, they will be taken out, matter of factly, without ceremony, and they will have to start their plan all over again?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $170,000 Tip

Master_Splinter, as ever, I must take issue with some of the things that you have said.

"despite her and her father's enlarged ego and willingness to place both their feet into their own mouths, they are generally harmless"

The alleged Kuku ego is often given as an excuse for the persecution meted out to me and mine for dozens of generations.  I simply have confidence, and this seems to upset people.  I have never really understood why.  I do unto others as I would have done to me.  

"I also agree with Right, that they are sitting in their coffee shops laughing at the reaction they provoke."

As I have said to some unfortunates within my city, this happens when some, lower-ranked, less-esteemed, and less imaginative individuals decided to turn on me for the actions of others.  They were rebuked, and life continued.  Otherwise, to be quite honest, I think that they will simply become more and more frustrated: their impotence has recently been outed, and with each hit they place, they merely confirm their, and our, status and position in this thing of ours.  We are men in bold suits, well connected, feared, respected and placed to shape this society as we see fit.  And they're waiting for their place in the sun.  And, well, that won't happen until a major war does, and probably not then, and they'll have had nothing to do with it.  In short; they are losers, and we are winners.

And they know that, and it hurts them.  So they act out. 

"the trolls who are intent on destroying our way of life and who are actually lesser than Kirsty. At least she is standing here in the open, and will fight anyone who wants to go toe to toe with her"

Absolutely.  And it's widely known that one of the little cabal of miscreants involved in this is an alcoholic who lost a fair fight with a distant ancestor of mine.  That wretch can't even restore himself to his modest past glories.

"How can they not realise that their identities are already known, and when it will be the most humorous, they will be taken out, matter of factly, without ceremony, and they will have to start their plan all over again?"

Yes, and that we have our own money, our own benefactors, our own intelligence operatives.

And from my point of view, I have been accused of being egocentric, self-involved, courting controversy.  If that is true, are they not merely giving me exactly what it is that I want?  Have I ever had it  better?  Rich, a bold suit, and famous/infamous?

Their strategy worked for a moment, and now it merely makes us stronger.

If one of the wants to step up, I will duel them.

Report Post Tip

If the folks around you feel that Kirsty has brought some sort of shame to your city, crew or family.  Then  it would be sensible to kill her off.

BUT

not by Anyone's hand but her own. 

This would bring some  the honor back to you, your crew and city that some may think you have lost.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Smurfette - what shame is this that I have allegedly brought?

The only shame that I have brought anyone is the shame that I bestowed upon the weakling whose great-grandfather was beaten by my great-grandfather.  This man, this fool, was an alcoholic who died like a arsehole in a fair fight, and his pissy little great-grandson simply can't cope with it.

So he sits on his bar stool, tottering, like the drunk little loser that he is, and places $100M on my head.

Son, step put from the shadows.  You know you want to.  

Report Post Tip
Oh dear... my guy on the force got this report.

May 18, 22:10:03 trernuydlde tried to WACK! you.
Report Post Tip

Miss Kirsty I have no idea maybe ask yourself that or your Cl that question. Maybe you have or maybe you haven't that is up to you and your upper structure to decide.

My comment was hypothetical dearheart if you want to take offense to it * raises an eyebrow*  than maybe you did bring shame to your name and family. 

Smurfette walks away mumbling Not my circus, not my monkeys . My monkeys fly.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

What sort of Don would I be if I gave in to pressure from anonymous dweebs, too scared to do the dirty work themselves, instead relying on TylerDurden to get the job done for them? Not a Don I would want to work for, that's for fucking sure. 

Grin-07 This is what you said in one of your previous statements in your thread "Cowardly hits, selfish BGing and other things" You knew for a fact hiring kuku will come at a cost, if you didn't then I guess lesson learned. CL's killing their members/captains because there is a bounty just shows what kind of a leader he is, hell even publicly questioning it...

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Thank you for your opinions, I was asking questions because I was interested in what people thought and wondered how they would handle this situation. As I have stated previously and as Pumby has so eloquently repeated, I wouldn't be much of a Don if I bowed to shadow-pressure, would I?

My time inside has given me pause; an opportunity to reflect on past events and things I've said previously. The hitlisting crows appear to have taken offence, in particular, to my prior comment that I would have no qualms in shooting suspects. Up to now I have been lenient, hoping that these people would discard their robes and move into the light (presumably with a lot of UV protection on as I assume they are unaccustomed to it) without my exacting a toll. Seems I was wrong. The hits grow and it feels like I now have little alternative to begin weeding the garden. What a shame.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Go do some weeding I like some chaos. 

Report Post Tip

CL's killing their members/captains because there is a bounty just shows what kind of a leader he is, hell even publicly questioning it...

What if King Grin-07 is giving Kirsty a mercy killing. Maybe Kirsty is in bad health like...cancer! And the two have made agreements to set up Kirsty's son/daughter with the reward money. What if Kirsty is mugged and then immediately hit by a bus causing an almost fatal outcome and a severely miserable future. If Grin took out Kirsty while Kirsty also has a very large bounty on his/her head...would that still "show what kind of leader he is"?

Report Post Tip

Mandalore saw his boss in the streets talking about killing Kirsty. Watching as others gathered around to share their thoughts, listening to all the different views. Mandalore was a warrior, gun for hire, and he is familiar with how contracts work. Wondering if Grin-07 was assigned the bounty that was placed on Kirsty head. He began to speak, it was cold and mechanical sounding.

"It would depend really on wither you were assigned the contract. As a bounty hunter myself I know that I would go for the kill, that is a lot of cash to not pass up. Though Kirsty was one of your made, that part would make me not do it since you in trusted them with your banner. Since the option wasn't given to bring them in warm, you'd have no choice to bring them in cold, but after hearing everything I don't think this bounty was assigned to you. With that you have no means to just gun down Kirsty, unless this is assigned to you. You people say you have a code of honor, that code should fall into this as well."

Mandalore leans against the light pole after finish speaking. 

Report Post Tip

So, what was the final decision here?

Report Post Tip
You’re still breathing friend, so I think the decision is rather apparent!
Report Post Tip

This isn't a democracy and I had already decided to stand by you as I do for the other members of the Gang. I was merely wondering if my thinking was in line with public opinion.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Grin-07 - thanks a million

Hawk - can I have that package that I sent you back?  You didn't even say thanks, and that's just rude.

Report Post Tip

Grin-07 - This isn't a democracy and I had already decided to stand by you as I do for the other members of the Gang. I was merely wondering if my thinking was in line with public opinion.

MobGov - Knowledge is Porridge

Early Access Survey Data:

Should Grin-07 kill Kirsty?

Definitely Maybe - 66%

No Doubt - 33%

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Kirsty, the only package I’m familiar with is the small package that my beloved Chyna used to put me in from time to time.
Report Post Tip

Seems to me like your survey may be lacking a few options Charles, how about waiting for a good price like double or nothing or dueling it out?

Everyone has a limit, to me it would seem sensible to remove someone who is hurting your city whether that is the hitlisters, Kirsty herself, or some thrid party. Personally i wouldn't want to see Kristy go down due to some anonymous hitlisting but if I were in your shoes I could not possibly dream of ever paying off that much money by myself either and so I would end up having to either shoot her or take the +100 shots from TylerDurden. However, if money is of no concern I would just keep paying them off as she has made her bones as you say and stand by that.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Should I just kill Kirsty or what?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL