Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 13:01:22
Page:  1 
The Great Dice Idea Started by: Sisyphus on May 23, '20 09:48

Sisyphus was always on the forefront of technology. Just the other day he had bought a giant radiated machine that cooked foods within minutes, it was such a machine that people would not even hear about for decades and still this man owned it as he did with most things in this world-- you see, money was easy to come by, but the sultry call of the never talked about credit was a siren song that could not be ignored; many men would crash themselves into rocky shores at sea just to attempt to collect this rare substance that very few knew about and even less openly spoke of.

The mob was in many ways also on the forefront of technology and worked closely with scientists in the forming of this credit creation. Some of the men in the seedy underbelly had thousands of the stuff, and through a lot of luck and determination, Sisyphus himself was able to secure hundreds in a trivia based competition in one of the most populated taverns of the world. Then, like a truffle dog sniffing for its owners next paycheck, House himself entered the fray.

"My dear old friend, I see you've come into a large amount of... he licks his lips disgustingly before continuing with the speech ... credits. Would you care to trouble yourself with a simple game of dice? It's a fifty fifty. What else offers you such odds? Nothing, that's what. You know roulette doesn't do it for you anymore. Just one roll."

It was 2.5 million dollars which in the mafia wasn't exactly considered a large bet. Simple, elegant and just the type of thing that could really start a snowball effect of winnings. As the two fuzzy dice rolled along the ground, he felt a tingling sensation in his gut. Would he win? Would he lose? It almost didn't matter, just the pure adrenaline was all that he considered in this moment.

The dice suddenly stopped.

"You win. Congratulations, Sisyphus. Would you like to play again? With credits now, perhaps?"

No, he made a vow to never again throw his hat into the credit ring. It was too painful when it all went wrong, so instead he continued to throw money at the man instead. Bet after bet House continuously won, sure he would lose here and there but it wasn't making up for the massive losses that had already occurred. At this point the only way to cover the losses was to move to credits... but dare he? Yes, he had to. Just this once, and he wouldn't lose it all.

40 Minutes Later

"Would you like to play again?"

House stood there smiling, his mouth wide open with a smile so devious it looked akin to a snake trying to swallow a mouse entirely whole, and while this was a disgusting sight to behold, nothing was more gross at this moment than what happened when Sisyphus placed his hands into his pockets to pull out another shiny credit... there was nothing left but lint.

"Not again..." he thought to himself while awkwardly attempting to walk away from House. His head staring directly at the ground and his body slumped not close behind. You could almost hear the sad orchestra music playing in the background if you stared hard enough at this pathetic scene, but then an idea hit him.

There's only one way you get out of debt, he thought to himself. More debt.

Quickly rushing to his home he fashioned a large sign and walked to a place that he knew garnered a lot of foot traffic at this time of day, and excitingly he plucked it into the ground and the thought of riches began dancing in his head. There was no better feeling than that of a good idea and this was close enough.

NEED CASH FAST?

Let Sisyphus gamble for YOU!!!

Doubles your money or your money back!*

Only 20 credits for every 250 won will be taken by Sisyphus as payment for his service.**

*Sisyphus is not actually liable for paying you back and you may never see your money again. Please make smart life choices.

**Sometimes Sisyphus will take more just because he can. Again, he cannot be held liable for this.

It wasn't a new idea, but it was one that he would make his own. In hoping that no one would read the fine print, he would always have an out if things went wrong. Having learned this trick from his father who was once almost a lawyer, it sounded fool proof and would be a quick way to make some easy cash. Now all that he had to do was wait for his first lucky customer.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Having used this service, i can vouch for it, MUCH WOW, SUPER QUICK DELIVERY, had only 50 people ahead of me in line and got the money back in 1 minute!!

I bet this is the best service ever since the baker slicing your bread!!!, or in my case make it into little crumbs!!

Report Post Tip

Mercury was still laughing about JimmyTheWeed's pyramid scheme when she spotted none other than the famous con artist Sisyphus standing on a street-corner holding a sign. This should be good, she thought to herself. She kept her distance yet got close enough to read the sign and the fine print.

NEED CASH FAST?

Let Sisyphus gamble for YOU!!!

Doubles your money or your money back!*

Only 20 credits for every 250 won will be taken by Sisyphus as payment for his service.**

*Sisyphus is not actually liable for paying you back and you may never see your money again. Please make smart life choices.

**Sometimes Sisyphus will take more just because he can. Again, he cannot be held liable for this.

Let Sisyphus gamble for you!. Mercury let out a hearty laugh. It was an ingenious scam. She was sure several people would fall for it. It wouldn't be her though. Mercury crossed back to the other side of the street and walked up the road. The adventures of Sisyphus were quite amusing, to say the least.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Im pretty good loosing all my money myself but thanks for the offer to help out with this :p

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Total Games Played: 11
Total Games Won: 1
Total Games Lost: 10
Total Win Rate: 9.09%

Look at this, folks. I asked house for some proof that I had indeed lost so much and he was more than happy to give me this slip as a token of appreciation for all of the money I've brought to him. Now I may not know a lot about statistics, but I do know that I am pretty much guaranteed my next bet.

So right now is a great time to get in on the ground floor of this thing. Those fancy science types over at city hall would have you believe its all just fifty percent, but fuck them. What do they know? They're not out here grinding at the dice tables day in and day out like I am. They don't know of the excitement to lose all of your money in a single bet.

Sisyphus takes out a pair of dice and begins to throw them up and down in his sweaty hands.

The next person to gamble with me will 100% win. It's impossible that I lose. I've crunched the numbers and I can say with complete confidence that I will potentially TRIPLE your cash or credits. So come on down and give it a shot.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Great Dice Idea
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL