Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 11:31:50
Page:  1 
Reminder about taking GF - HQ Size Started by: Squishy on May 31, '20 20:23

When you take Godfather, your HQ size is adjusted to a total of 16.  You have 24 hours to get your total HQ size in order to gain your GF boosts.  If you are not down to proper HQ size at the end of the 24 hour window, your GF boosts will never kick in.  You will receive a personal reminding you to get your members sorted when you take godfather.

This process has always been manual, and I've never had to manually adjust a GFs member count before, so I've never been in a situation where I had to drop members from a overstuffed HQ before.  If you guys feel it should just auto drop them at 24h, we can alter the process a little, and not worry about the don boost aspect of it.

Report Post Tip

I wonder how many GF's have gone their entire GF-tenure without the boosts due to lack of clarification on this :\ 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Don't automate it. Anyone playing at the Godfather level understands that their HQ is reduced and that the boost doesn't kick in until they reduce. They already have the tools to move members to other families quickly. Don't spoon feed anyone.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I think perhaps adding the purchase of a new HQ into the process may be good?

One that starts the timer ticking?

Your RHM is given your HQ instantaneously and you purchase the HQ with the additional features afforded to you.

You can decline this if you so wish.
Report Post Tip

Jason, that was kind of my point tbh. There is an enormous difference between never getting those stats, and getting them in an 'only if' scenario. It has never been made this clear in the past and when it has, it was different information. 

Report Post Tip
No one has ever had reduced stats before after I've checked after the 24h window. They've always had the right hq count.
Report Post Tip

Okay. And you're 100% certain that before now it was also a "forever lose" these boosts scenario? I'm trying to remember the username(s), but there have definitely been GF's before with over the minimum HQ number who have remained so for longer than 24 hours. 

Report Post Tip

Over the maximum** 

Report Post Tip

Oof that's rough.

I think a potential personal alert should be enough, then if someone attempts to take Godfather in future scenarios without being prepared and or ignores it that should be on them. 

Report Post Tip

When someone takes GF they know when they will be. They know their HQ has to be reduced. They should be prepared before they engage the GF. There is no excuse for not being prepared. 24 hours is more than sufficient. The fact that this hasn't happened before speaks to this. I remember SilkFather telling me we had 24 hours and we needed to start making decisions several days in advance. People know the timeframe.

Add to the rp after they take GF reminding them they have 24 hours or they'll never gain the confidence of their family to have the power.

I personally like it as it is. 

Report Post Tip

When someone takes GF they know when they will be. They know their HQ has to be reduced. They should be prepared before they engage the GF. There is no excuse for not being prepared. 24 hours is more than sufficient.

This.

+1 for remaining as is.

Report Post Tip

+1 to Noam on this

Even if the player taking GF has never done it and is not familiar with the 24 hours rule, i bet one of his/her hands or captains in the city is aware!! Even during hectic war times GF's have been able to settle their domestic affairs, i truely believe giving more heads-up, or even the idea of making game dynamic to make it easier is something i would not go with.

GF means you lived for 120 days, enough time to prepare yourself, learn about what it means in terms of game dynamics if you ask me

Report Post Tip

I'd not automate it. the personal reminder should be plenty

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Reminder about taking GF - HQ Size
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL