Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 09:54:08
Page:  1 
My first 30 days back in 6 years <3 Started by: Banksie_Jr on Jun 10, '20 23:06
Hi all!

I'm a returning player of 6 years and I'd like to share my story with you of my first 30 days back to playing the game. Might want to strap up, it's going to be fun, or its not. Depending on how you look at it lol..

So I signed back up after resisting the urge to, for the longest time. I missed the whole nostalgia and environment. And I was generally curious to see how everything was after a much needed 6 years away.

So I dived right in! Excited to have a fresh set of eyes on how the game is rolling into 2020! And there was a quarantine lockdown in Las Vegas, so the downtime gave me some free time to give it a shot.

I pick my start up answers from RP instead of the roll. Rookie mistake, because I fucked up the RP answers and it took me a few days before I figured out. I should've used the newer mechanic while it was there haha. Me and my dumbass old school ways. Oh whale, I'm a little rusty. The show must go on.

Oh wow! MR looks…. Kinda the same as I left it! Not a bad thing. The background gave me flashbacks to hard fought wars that lasted for days and the unity of a community playing a game together that they enjoyed. Build some friendships that will last your whole life, honestly. I did notice there were some new mechanics to the game that made sense and some I still haven't wrapped my head around, but I would learn them anyway.

I am giving this run my complete attention (and the spare time I have), so I bought some credits and started browsing the site.

Not very mobile phone friendly, sadly. Kinda touchy and most of my spare time, or logging in, would be on the go. I have a life that needs my attention. So playing, will most of the time, come from my pocket. It's not the worst, I can definitely manage, but misclicks start to frustrate.

I look around. Holy shit, a lot of names are still around that I remember. And probably more sad on my behalf, I even recognize some people from their profile picture from that long back. I guess some things never leave your memory for good. But I'm here with a new outlook, I will make new friends. The game is about dedicating yourself to your family and playing for them, so that's what I'll do besides reaching out to old friends.

Welp, that's harder than I thought. I recognize a lot of the CLs around. I will go with someone that I've never worked for, that would be the fun route to take, so I joined Eve. I approach her, tell her my story and situation. No reason to lie lol. Haven't played in so long that I'm a fresh face and the new kid on the block. I still knew the basics, but there was so much more to explore.

Less than a week in, my CL is dead. Me and Eve had some lovely chats and were starting to get to know each other. Sad about her demise, I look in the obits to see she's been DDed. Over conversations about something with a guy named Homer? Who and what the hell hahaha. Well, that's a lame reason to have your character taken away. Seemed like drama and I'm here to play the game drama free and carefree, so I roll my eyes a bit and the recruitment mails come in. (Now they come in, I didn't receive a one when I first began the character) I had some options.

I really like some of the CH leaders who came to me. And since I knew who JesseJames was because of the DDs, I thought about trying to tag along with a good player and one I've never played with before. Brody came to me, which was nice. Seems like a good guy. Archy and i had some talk. I told him my situation and he gave me a CA for being a returning player! An act of kindness that honestly shocked me some.

Instead, I decided to keep my loyalty to PH. I'm kinda old school and that's probably how I would've rolled anyway. I joined Vulcan's crew and mannnnnnn they were some trolls haha. I liked the banter, but not really wanting to reach out to anyone, I kept to myself. I can act completely normal and people won't have a clue, that's how long its been.

I approached Vulcan and explained my situation, just like Eve. We shared some war stories from back in both our days and some of the crazy times along the way. I heard Eve would be setting back up, so I would chill here as a temporary home. Maybe permanently?

Well, no lol. They were a fun group, but I was secluded. Only person I really talked to was Cassi. LOVE YOU CASSIFRASS. And maybe that's my fault. Maybe I didn't put myself out there enough, but it was fairly hard to with the trolling. 24 year old me would've been down for banter, 31 old me was amused, but not motivated. Only mails I received were a thank you for my donations. A time or 2 I donated just to see if I could get Vulcan, or at least one of his hands, attention to come and get to know me more.

Hell, who knows. With the right trust in me, I'd trust my CL to finally know who the man behind Banksie is. But there was no effort. I was just the average player and felt no one cares because they didn't know who I am. I was there to throw some money at the CL in hopes we'd have more meaningful conversations like our first one. Nope lol. Alright then. Back to Eve I go, because why would I want to be here. I'm just a number to the crew list to help those achieve their numbers for godfather. I log on everyday lol.

Anywho, back to Eve. Jesse came back, that's nice. He reached out to me when Eve died and I respect that. I liked it here first few days I was here and wanted to be here. Time to chill, bought more credits, and looked forward to playing again.

It took a couple weeks, but the crew didn't have the same excitement in them that they did the first time around. I would chat some with Eve on lounge, but instead of getting to know me, she'd send a mail asking how I'm doing. I'd rundown where I'm at on the character and what I'm learning. Hustle points, etc. My rundowns and responses usually never came with a reply back. Wish she would talk to me more. I'm dying for people to get to know me. But the crew chats give me a little anxiety.

WAR! YAY. Now this is why I play this mother fucker lol. I missed out on the first one, it looked like the first wave in that one did the job, but this was one I could participate before I had to head to bed and get up for work at 4am.

NY seemed sloppy, not how I would've done it, I noted. Too many initial deaths from the attacking side in the first hour. It could've been more entertaining with some patience. So I hop on lounge chat! Message Eve! Hella excited, this is my first war in 6 years. I let her know my gun and ask for directions on what to do. She tells me to shoot NY, so I start looking for someone to pew. I'm a 30 day old WG so I knew my limits. Pop off a shot at a WG from NY and kill them. Success! Hell yeah! I'm the man! I helped!

I show Eve my shot in excitment and she sighed and told me to shoot online members from NY only.

Fair enough lol. Forget my advice on NY takedown, I did indeed make a rusty mistake because I was happy to be involved. I asked for the war room and she shared it with me. I didn't know the command to join though. And I had to be up early so I gave her my phone number just in case I needed to be woken up.

War won, one shot. Oh whale. I got to play the game at least lol.

A couple days pass and there's more DDs. The drama in lounge is kinda gross to see from the game tbh lol. Especially in a time where we need more love instead of hate. I'm here to play the game though, so I ignore it. Just seemed like an unneeded argument over an unneeded mechanic in the game, in my opinion. Still, as a new player with fresh eyes on the game again, it was definitely another reason my interest in the game already started dwindling. That, and I couldn't get my crew to get to know me unless I spend my so much not free time on irc lounge. Which, when I visited, there wasn't much happening.

Still committed to give this character a good shot, still at wise guy, I continued to donate and build my gun. I wasn't going to ask for my promotion or the status of it, I was too old school for that. I would wall earn it through earnings and building. But I had a funny feeling it's because no one knew me, and if they did, I'd probably have my promotion or be "purged" as the stories are told.

Another poor idea, purging. In my day #OldManVoice we put faith and trust into our members and hoped they seen that, and returned it. Rogues will happen, yes. And wars will happen because of rogues, sometimes. Or at least from my past experience. In my opinion, if someone built like that to take me out, kudos to them. Well earned and deserved. Purging seems like a more consistent thing now, probably because of the pace of the game now. It's easier to maintain and shoot your member rather than earn their respect and loyalty. Totally get it tbh lol.

Jesse left and Eve sent out a mail. Seems like a shitty situation, but Jesse probably felt the flame burning out in the clan just like I did so he jumped ship. Eve said we could explore other options if we weren't happy here. I respect it, I would've done the same. Want people who want to be in the clan. Those are the best ones to have.

Today I figured I'd reach out and shop some. I'm a wise guy and don't think my clan will miss me. Was comfortable with Jesse, but he's gone. My rank and held promotion should be okay to see what's up. I heard Fidd took wise guys in if they weren't happy so I shot him a mail for some casual chat. His name name gave me a laugh as I remember playing the game with him way back. I go to respond…

Dead.

I'm guessing it's because I was shopping to Fidd or Jesse. Trying to see if I'd have an opportunity to tag along somewhere I'd enjoy being more. Earn my way there. Didn't think it would matter because I didn't have my button, but I guess that's means to kill me lol..

Anyway. Not here to complain or bitch. Just wanted to share my 30 day story with you guys from a player that hasn't been around these parts for 6 years and what it might look like to someone with a new set of eyes! I hope you see the good and bad, and maybe change some things you're doing to make the game more enjoyable? Members and staff alike! I loved this game and loved being able to pick it up for a try again. The memories I've made here are honestly some of the best times I've had and thats what sparked interest to check it out again.

Now that quarantine is over I thank you guys for keeping the game alive so I got that nostalgia back.

God bless and stay safe out there everyone! World be crazy right now #BLM
Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Really interesting tale and perspective. Loved reading it!

Report Post Tip
I LOVE YOU BANKSIE!!!! 💜💜💜💜
Report Post Tip

Wish she would talk to me more. I'm dying for people to get to know me. But the crew chats give me a little anxiety.

I wanted to get to know you too.  That is actually what I do.  I never in my life have experienced being as busy in this game as I am right now.  I am sorry that I wasn't more creative with my attempts to strike up a conversation... I didn't say.. how is your character doing though did I? I'm not great with mobmail.  Sorry guy.   

Regarding the war.. I am also sorry about that.  We were clearly not expecting it to happen, and I was directing a fair bit of traffic at the time.  I did not "sigh" at you, I felt bad that I hadn't been more specific actually.  

As I told you, and as I told others, I was going to promote you, but I did not because it means more to me than clicking a button, and takes me some time to do right.  I put work into it, and I am very busy with work as well right now. 

You and anyone else ... especially those under made are perfectly welcome to ask to move if they want.  I feel very clearly that I said you should speak to me and I would arrange it.  I didn't say bitch about not being promoted or communicate with effectively.  I didn't tell you to ignore my last to mails to you, and I also didn't tell you to ignore my request for a shot report.  You did those on your own.  

You told me who you were before... how is that me not knowing who you were?  I never asked you, by the way.  I only ever asked you why me.  I am sorry I disappointed you but I definitely don't appreciate the attempt to pretend that it had anything to do with me not wanting to allow you to move if you so pleased or me not knowing who you are.  

Anyway.  Take Care. 

Report Post Tip

Cory and fucking up war shots. Name a more iconic duo.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
To be fair, Eve.

This was the only week I didn't turn in my SR. And that's because I was at protests and RL took initiative. Other than that, you honestly can't say I didn't turn in my SR lol. That was indeed lack of communication on my part. I log in and out a bit from phone, because yeahhh
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: My first 30 days back in 6 years <3
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL