Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 20:29:20
Page:  1 
I am resigning as Administrator to work as a coder Started by: Squishy on Jun 12, '20 21:16

Effective immediately, I am resigning all customer related responsibilities.  I will be focusing all my attention on development of the game. 

I will be setting up an admin related disciplinary board lead by Toby and Syn, with support from Bunneh and FrankieFigs to weigh in if Toby and Syn come to opposing rulings.  Unlike me, these are people with full time non-game responsibilities in their own private life.  They can not afford to dedicate a collective 5 hours of debating and dodging pitchforks from angry users. So with that being said there are two rules coming into this that are to be considered golden. 

1) At any time, if someone in front of the disciplinary board becomes aggressive and the conversation ceases to be a positive constructive conversation, you will be admin wacked.  You may be only admin jailed if there is a compelling reason why that is a better way to solve the situation.

2) Any 3rd party that inserts themselves into the situation that becomes aggressive, and the conversation ceases to be a positive constructive conversation, you will be admin wacked.  You may be only admin jailed if there is a compelling reason why that is a better way to solve the situation.

We will be adding additional staff soon to augment our ability to handle the game with me stepping down.  Staff will be given all of the tools they need to do their jobs, however some things can only be done by myself.  If your question is in relations to Credits, Promotions & Sales, please send them to me, anything else should be sent to Helpdesk.  I will be on IRC only on a personal level, not in any professional capacity so I will be unable to answer any questions.

Thank you for your time, it has been a pleasure serving you for the past 14 years.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $600,000 Tip
Is there anyway we could get you to reconsider this action. I think most users trust your judgement and believe you do a good job.
Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $600,000 Tip

I think this excellent boundary setting. Great job.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I honestly hope the new disciplinary board brings something positive in what has been a quite frustrating situation for all parties recently.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Awesome decision

how will the new staff be chosen?

Report Post Tip

I don't think this was thought out clearly but based on all the bitching in the main chat.  

Bad decision! jmo

You expect people to trust whomever you are bringing on board?  And of those, are they going to be posted for everyone to see who exactly is being considered and maybe even possibly vote? 

Report Post Tip

Whoever is on the disciplinary board shouldn't have game accounts. If not there will be some form of bias when they make a decision.

When Squishy was doing the DD, the game politics never entered the equation of the DD. But if this decision is made by someone who is also a player then wouldn't they consider how the DD will affect their city and thus have an effect on their decision?

Report Post Tip

I tend to agree with Wild a bit. I'd be open to stepping away and mediating 

Report Post Tip

Toby and Syn ? No offense to either of them as I don't know Toby and Syn has been nothing but kind, but the fuck? You can't have unbiased results and actions from 2 of your heaviest players. 

If you want to give up admin responsibility that is on you, I understand completely as I've seen the amount of stress it puts you under. However, the replacements need to be people who only know enough about the game to know how the rules work. Not people who have years and years of building connections.

Report Post Tip

I have the same concern as some above here. I can't see where someone playing can be objective if it involves their city and/or their allies. There should be separation from the admins and the game itself.

Report Post Tip

I tend to agree with the above mentioned concerns. Yet on the flipside, your judgement on decisions you have made are respected for the most part. With this being what appears a firm decision on your part and those you have chosen to head Admin duties, I will respect. My motto is trust until given a reason not to trust.

One question:  Will you be available to override/replace if a partisan decision appears to be the issue? 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $120,000 Tip

SQUISHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Good luck, Squishy.
Good rules in place to help out admin
Report Post Tip

Single best decision that has been made around here in years. Probably just extended your life expectancy a solid 15 years. 

Report Post Tip
Ok that's a good idea
Report Post Tip

I think many of players believe this game has unlimited funds to go out and hire people that aren't players to act as admins.  I really don't believe that is the case.  For Izzy to go outside and essentially hire consultants, he would have to convert the game into a "pay to play" format for everyone.  We can't have it both ways....free to play if you want AND consultants listening to petty gripes.  Right now, he is utilizing the player base to assist him in the administration as they are dedicated to the game.

Report Post Tip
Is this still a thing by the way? Asking for a friend.
Report Post Tip

I hope it is still not a thing. Look at what this place has evolved to since this took effect.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: I am resigning as Administrator to work as a coder
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL